Na Jomtien demolitions

prk888

can anyone confirm these illegal but longstanding buildings (including Ton Haad and Sea Falcon restaurants) are being/will be demolished?    Excellent news no doubt in my view if true.  Now for the other beaches .................

Thanks and I'll try to pop down at weekend to check it out

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks, and as i have a condo right on that beach i do know all those places including Drifters, Daemon Dayz etc so of immediate interest naturally.   Some very good eateries there.   I have just returned from overseas and today have been told that the northen structures have already gone.  Maybe will try to get down to see earlier and report

yes many years before.  

About 8 years ago when ours were built  they all had demolition notices posted but then there was not a Military Government and nothing was enforced except the Governor stated no more structures or modifications would be allowed to existing structures and that was basically adhered to (well almost !).  

It will be interesting to see what's what this time

can confirm the first 300m approx and both sides of cul de sac ( southwards ) have been demolished including half of Ton Haad restaurant.  Everyone else going south on beach unsure if and when they will have to go.  Deadline is end of October supposedly.  Interesting times we live in

8 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i heard from the owner of drifters that he is paying a small rental to the navy for the use of the beach. wonder if the army are not happy with that. will ask him when i see him next month.

see my post above ID5.  At the time of 'negotiations' peppercorn rents were arranged by those in charge with many beach business owners and owner Tony  at Drifters was included

6 hours ago, prk888 said:

see my post above ID5.  At the time of 'negotiations' peppercorn rents were arranged by those in charge with many beach business owners and owner Tony  at Drifters was included

quite like drifters and tony is a good guy. army seem hell bent on tearing buildings down and getting rid of deck chairs. some places are better off left as they are.

Noon Tuedsay 4th - Ton Haad restaurant now almost gone and northern rubble being gradually cleared.  Sea Falcon slightly south is a very well constructed large restaurant so we will see ...................

5 minutes ago, prk888 said:

Noon Tuedsay 4th - Ton Haad restaurant now almost gone and northern rubble being gradually cleared.  Sea Falcon slightly south is a very well constructed large restaurant so we will see ...................

Mate - could you give directions to this exact area - I'm not familiar with the places you are referring to, and I'd like to go have a look-see for curiosity's sake.

Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hi. I don't know these restaurants, but looking at GoogleMaps here it looks like Ton Hat and See Falcon are "on the river" (east side) not "on the beach" (west side). Some posts above seems to say they are "on the beach"?? Could someone clarify please. Thanks

please read my post ID3,    Hope that clarifies.

I lived there & still have a condo on the beach.  All that I and others have referred to are on the beach (albeit illegally)

First, for those who don't know this place, Na Jomtien starts at the extreme South of Jomtien beach, more or less where the "river" is. The demolitions occur on the beach on the west of the land who extends along the river exit. See here on GoogleMap
523.jpg
The Na Jomtien "river"
524.jpg
Na Jomtien beach road. River on the right, beach & sea on the left.
526.jpg
South of this beach road, no more road and no evident construction on the beach
527.jpg
The beach could be nice, but rubbish everywhere :(
530.jpg
Drifter Cafe "on the beach"
531.jpg
Sea Falcon "on the beach"
533.jpg
Clear water and lot of fishes ;)
534.jpg
Digger at work. 2 of them.
537.jpg
From here to the North extremity,
everything on the sea-side of the street has been destroyed
538.jpg
539.jpg
Kind enough to not destroy that ;)
540.jpg
Ton Hat sea-side part of the restaurant. River side part untouched.
542.jpg
At the North extremity, nothing left...
541.jpg
even on the river side.
544.jpg
Fishing boats on the river
545.jpg
And a new condo being built in the middle
547.jpg
Public land encroachment.
549.jpg
551.jpg
It's a shame the quantity of concrete they poured on the beach along the years!
Here should be a 15 meters wide sand beach :(
554.jpg
Counting its last days...
556.jpg
same...
557.jpg
same for everything built on the sea-side of the street
558.jpg
From the North extremity to this 90° turn of the street.

these pics perfectly  sum up the situation .  Currently demolition today has stopped at Ton Haad who have already opened again on the eastern road side opposite their old now-gone restaurant.

The next challenge is as i said the Sea Falcon, great food and big structure but it hardly seems likely that this and the others will be left standing - think about the ramifications if that were to occur !  Several owners i spoke to today plan to open again in their properties directly opposite their  soon-to-be-demolished  beach businesses and that could apply to Sea Falcon, Drifters, Daemon Dayz and SY

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2016 at 8:18 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

On 05/10/2016 at 10:30 PM, Anthony5 said:

I assume that is the Whale condo. How legal that one will be?

As at today still no demolition movement south of  Ton Haad who are now operating on eastern side and not on beach.  However lots of their table and chairs are now on beach  - there's always a way !!  But these furnitures ARE removable.  DRIFTERS very busy so that would be really missed.    Demolished beach strip beginning to look attractive again (from a distance)

We saw the demolition before we left,  but didn't know it went as far as the Ton Had restaurant!  We go to Drifters often.  If they go, what about Glass House? And the dozen or more places on the beach there down to the Ambassador?

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

We saw the demolition before we left,  but didn't know it went as far as the Ton Had restaurant!  We go to Drifters often.  If they go, what about Glass House? And the dozen or more places on the beach there down to the Ambassador?

dont go that way down now so no ideas - sorry.  BUT if Sea Falcon is to go then maybe, just maybe ...................

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

just a thought Craig do keep eyes open down there for any official signs indicating a 'due date' for demolition (see pics above)

1 hour ago, prk888 said:

just a thought Craig do keep eyes open down there for any official signs indicating a 'due date' for demolition (see pics above)

We know the owners of several of these places quite well. Very well,  actually.  We're back in a few weeks.  will investigate then!

• 2 weeks later...
Bummer how old Thailand is being ripped apart. Most don't even know the old school here 25 yr ago though

I can remember te Land/Range Rover Showroom being built,now gone ,and the first 7/11 when there was only one way inThere were only 3Hotels and perhaps 4Jet Ski chaps charging 250 for 60 mins.One beach bar,that gave free shots when it thunderd,those days won't be back

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 9/30/2016 at 5:43 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

quite like drifters and tony is a good guy. army seem hell bent on tearing buildings down and getting rid of deck chairs. some places are better off left as they are.

If the army really are intent on demolishing structures encroaching the beach illegally I look forward to them posting the demolition order for View Talay 7.

Archived