Locked Up Abroad! Help Repay Bribes – Samui resident asks for help!

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Whoever this person is, male of female, he or she is dishonest and a liar. 

Dishonest because he paid bribes to the police to get himself out of an illegal position and a liar because if he had really been to jail he would know that the prisoners do not wear prison uniforms, they wear their own clothes unless they are appearing in court or otherwise going outside the jail.

Prisoners do not wear shackles either unless they are in solitary due to misbehaviour in the prison or, as with uniforms, they are going outside of the prison.

Here is two caught during prison break on Samui.

Technically they are outside the prison.

1.jpg

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Here is two caught during prison break on Samui.

Technically they are outside the prison.

1.jpg

I'm not sure what your point is but perhaps I should have added that if prisoners do not have their own clothes (very unlikely, most arrestees are not naked) they would be given something along the lines of your pic.

38 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

I'm not sure what your point is but perhaps I should have added that if prisoners do not have their own clothes (very unlikely, most arrestees are not naked) they would be given something along the lines of your pic.

Samui is not  Bangkok, notice the shackles?

They are bent into place.

Anyway if the OP went to court he would have been in same cell as prisoners from the big house.

Two different locations.

3 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Samui is not  Bangkok, notice the shackles?

They are bent into place.

Anyway if the OP went to court he would have been in same cell as prisoners from the big house.

Two different locations.

Still don't know what your point is, my point was that all prisoners do not wear uniform and shackles in prison, which is what the OP said he saw.

3 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Still don't know what your point is, my point was that all prisoners do not wear uniform and shackles in prison, which is what the OP said he saw.

OP has not been to prison.

Holding cell at police station and holding cell at court where he saw prisoners in uniform and shackles.

No need to call him liar becase he used the term prison instead of holding cell.

As you self said, uniform and shackles outside the big house.

26 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

OP has not been to prison.

Holding cell at police station and holding cell at court where he saw prisoners in uniform and shackles.

No need to call him liar becase he used the term prison instead of holding cell.

As you self said, uniform and shackles outside the big house.

I stand corrected.

On ‎30‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 2:27 PM, ParadiseLost said:

Time somebody checks up on Koh Phangan, there are literally hundreds of new foreign owned bars, restaurants, coffee shops and guesthouses opened in the past year or two. Airbnb is sucking the life out of the hotel market, with most operated by foreigners.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. If farangs are taking business away from Thais, what do they expect?

• 1 year later...

Many harsh and rude comments against the poor girl...what it her fault to have tried ?....And for those who rant against her, we assume that they never made mistakes in their life ?

For the sour souls, if you cared to check up the girl's update on her "fund me page", it appears that her licence was valid after all,  but "guess-who-in-brown-outfits", messed things up....lack of language proficency perhaps !!

Edited by observer90210

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Many harsh and rude comments against the poor girl...what it her fault to have tried ?....And for those who rant against her, we assume that they never made mistakes in their life ?

For the sour souls, if you cared to check up the girl's update on her "fund me page", it appears that her licence was valid after all,  but "guess-who-in-brown-outfits", messed things up....lack of language proficency perhaps !!

If you cared to read the full post you would know that the poor girl is actually a hairy ozzie.

Reading HIS "fund me page" does not give the story more credibility. Reading below makes it all look even more fishy:

I'm raising the goal now to help cover the costs of doing everything over from scratch, which seems the safest course, if I'm to stay in Samui. 

Good luck to all donors