New local streaming radio.

KarenBravo

1 minute ago, bearpolar said:

why not just use a streaming service such as spotify? There's really no point to online radios other than talk shows and there's podcasts for that.

I don't know how Spotify works. Does it surprise every now and then with some new style of music, even if users preferences are a different?

I prefer to have a good driver and drink whiskey on the backseat while my professional drives me to the destination. The same applies to the listening music. I do enjoy the occasional surprises, from which I can learn from. 

The other thing is local news. I prefer hourly, 1-3 minute news updates, to know what is happening in Phuket. Not want to know what is happening in Thailand or around the world as those informations come more reliably from other sources. 

Phuket used to have an excellent radio station 90.5 earlier. The folks who selected the playlists were really good most of the time. Unfortunately the station went down, once the junta took over the radios in Thailand. 

I just turned it on and they were going on about the English soccering results.

I already have about 47  TV stations covering these games of headers from seemingly half the countries on earth. I don't need to listen to an english disc jockey on my PC telling me how Manchester went in their latest outing.

On September 29, 2559 BE at 9:03 PM, oilinki said:

"....The same applies to the listening music. I do enjoy the occasional surprises, from which I can learn from...." 

Try out the Huey Morgan Show on BBC Radio 2 on a Sunday morning. I'm sure you'll get more than the 'occasional surprises'  

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 1:11 PM, fester the benevolent said:

I'm never clicking on anything related to the PG. The pop-unders and ad scripts they run are ridiculous.

Let them continue being a conduit for dodgy condo developments and anybody else who throws them a few Baht, they aren't getting my eyeballs or ears.

I've added this to my Hosts file to stop my browser getting stuff from those pop-under sites:

0.0.0.0 partner.phuket.net

I still get a window with "Cannot connect... " on it, but at least I don't have to read anything.

Sorry PG, but you really need to hire a decent web developer.

Edit:

PS. For radio, try http://www.accuradio.com

Edited by JetsetBkk

On 07/10/2016 at 0:57 AM, JetsetBkk said:

I've added this to my Hosts file to stop my browser getting stuff from those pop-under sites:

0.0.0.0 partner.phuket.net

I still get a window with "Cannot connect... " on it, but at least I don't have to read anything.

Sorry PG, but you really need to hire a decent web developer.

Edit:

PS. For radio, try http://www.accuradio.com

I use uBlock Origin and it has the same effect, still got a pop-under and that's annoying enough to make me avoid the PG site until they fix it.

Well, that and the fact that most of the content is rubbish and/or self-serving pablum.

Edited by fester the benevolent

Sorry, I'm a bit of a Luddite. What is a pop-under? I know what a pop-up is.

If you're referring to the original browser tab transmogrifying into a booking site, then, this has been stopped (noticed today).

Edited by KarenBravo

16 hours ago, BKKdreaming said:

accuradio is pretty good and has an Android app too .......thanks for mentioning it

Yes, that's where I found it first and use it on my mobile. But now also play on my PC.