Lucifers Beer Prices

BROWNY

so there I was a couple of nights ago, being dragged into Lucifers for the 3rd night running by my tilac, when I had to confess to her "sorry darling, too expensive, I only have small money left for my holiday"

"no problem" says she "give me the money - its cheaper"

and sure enough - she was charged 80 bt per beer instead of the usual 150 bt I had been stumping up.

TIT - Gotta love em eh ?

Lucifers and Tony's have the Rule, that as soon a Girl is together with u, you pay Farang Price for the Beer (hers too). Go in separatly and she pays the Thai Price. After you can meet. I once went with my GF and some of her Friends to Tonys. She invited us, but she had to pay Farang Price for all, because I was together with them. They did not accept Farang Price for me and Thai for her and her Friends. So we left after one Drink, haven't been there since. :o

You can go to the new Insomnia Club, there you pay 95 Baht ore so for a Beer (I heard). Don't know if a Thai there pays less. Maybe some other Places that not charge insane Prices? Anyone can give some Informations?

Lucifers and Tony's have the Rule, that as soon a Girl is together with u, you pay Farang Price for the Beer (hers too).

Maybe some other Places that not charge insane Prices? Anyone can give some Informations?

To be honest I am not a big drinker - 4 or 5 beers for an evening suits me. So I never drink too much in the discos anyway due to the prices. If I want a few beers there are plenty of bars charging a quarter the price compared to the discos.

I just think it is an odd policy - charge me 150 bt for a beer and I will make it last a long time believe me. If they charged me the Thai price of 80 bt I would happily stay all night and keep ordering.

Well as they say - up to you !

Saw a young lad, fairly well into his cups, go into Lucifers one night and order a beer. Bartender takes it out of the freezer (yeah, it was almost fully frozen), pops the cap, sets it down and tells the lad the price (120 baht ?).

The kid looks at him like he's got a 3rd head (must have been paying beer bar prices before staggering into the cave), says <deleted> that and walks away.

Bartender never even blinks an eye. Just puts the cap back on and sticks it back in the freezer.

I'll just stick to whiskey personally (and usually avoid those places like Tony's, Lucifers and the Marine disco).

Saw a young lad, fairly well into his cups, go into Lucifers one night and order a beer. Bartender takes it out of the freezer (yeah, it was almost fully frozen), pops the cap, sets it down and tells the lad the price (120 baht ?).

The kid looks at him like he's got a 3rd head (must have been paying beer bar prices before staggering into the cave), says <deleted> that and walks away.

Bartender never even blinks an eye. Just puts the cap back on and sticks it back in the freezer.

Another "Cheap Charlie" is born... :o

dvk1951 and I went on a "slapper recon" the other night and do you know how much we were charged for beer? ...No?...

Thats ok...neither one of us remember how much either! :o

All I remember is the smiles with the baht signs in the eyes and of course the cat whistles followed by 'handsum man, buy me drink'.

so there I was a couple of nights ago, being dragged into Lucifers for the 3rd night running by my tilac, when I had to confess to her "sorry darling, too expensive, I only have small money left for my holiday"

"no problem" says she "give me the money - its cheaper"

and sure enough - she was charged 80 bt per beer instead of the usual 150 bt I had been stumping up.

TIT - Gotta love em eh ?

I'd love to go to Lucifers to at least have a look, but I can never get in. How old do the girls need to be to enter? 20?

Never any fuss getting into Tony's.

Edited by tropo

No get in? Why??? :o

They need to see my GF's ID and she's only just turned 19 and looks 16/17 to most.

anyone know where to get CARLSBERG in PATTS,be there 1st 2 weeks in January. Was

last there in August and cant get used to Heinieken, i need my "BERGS"

CHEERS hiccup

I'm obviously too old to appreciate paying way over the top for drinks in places that concentrate on giving you a headache. If I can't talk with whomever I am with because of what is supposed to be music, it is too Noisy.

I thought the whole point about this thread was duel pricing in disco's

Why should the lad pay more, in my eyes he did the right thing, if every farang did the same they would eventually get the message and we would all pay the same (if the beer bars can do it why cant the disco's)

They don't seam able to grasp the idea their profits would eventually be higher, as those who take offense at duel pricing would be more inclined to return there

You Sir seam to have more money than sense

JMO

The beers are not sold at 'farang price' and 'lady price'

It is 'Man price' and 'lady price"

How do I know?

Because my wife went down with her friends and one of her friends was with her Thai husband. The first drinks the girls ordered at the bar were sold at lady price but by the 2nd round the man had been spotted and all drinks orderd by the girls through the waitress or bartender were at the elevated male price.

Ahh... prices, prices, prices....

At the end of the day I wouldn't put much money on your chances of complaining to anything resembling either the Consumer Affairs Dept. or an Equal Rights Commission :D

All the bars are private establishments.

They can charge you whatever they wish.

If you didn't check to ask the price beforehand, or you're too inebriated to care... well som-num-na. :o

As for the guy who didn't want to pay less than 2 quid for a beer in a late night 'entertainment complex' - well if he'd tried pulling that stunt in London (after queueing, and paying 10 quid to get in) the bouncers would have 'made sure' that he coughed up the 4-8 quid for the bottle.

You pays your money, y' takes ya choice.

Much as I don't like Tony's.... it's free to get in, the show is free, you just pay more for drinks.

Same applies anywhere else.

These places are trying to make money. You're free to enter, or not, up to you.

Free market economy.

If you want cheap-cheap, buy your booze from 7-11 and sit on the beach wall at the Lady Coconut Bar haggling over the price of 'hoi men' all day.

These threads have been a constant here for years.

Why do so many punters expect a free ride?

:D

Edited by donkeykong

I thought the whole point about this thread was duel pricing in disco's

Why should the lad pay more, in my eyes he did the right thing, if every farang did the same they would eventually get the message and we would all pay the same (if the beer bars can do it why cant the disco's)

They don't seam able to grasp the idea their profits would eventually be higher, as those who take offense at duel pricing would be more inclined to return there

You Sir seam to have more money than sense

JMO

here here totally agree,

Listen everybody, I have just been struck by the answer to the whole dual beer pricing question, that most foul of evils that has plagued the (disco going) pattaya punter for some time!!

Can't believe I never thought of it before.

All we have to do is......

DRESS AS WOMEN!!!

Errr, Ummm, on second thoughts...... :o

post-4570-1165402739_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathansouthall

As some have said you pay your money and you take your choice, but the prices are shocking, especially the two tier system which is discrimination.

We had a celebration last week in a bar and twelve of us got through 6,000 baht of singha, blindin' 400 baht each and time for a boogie, went to blues factory and paid 360 baht for one round of three drinks, kind of took the edge off a good night.

As some have said you pay your money and you take your choice, but the prices are shocking, especially the two tier system which is discrimination.

We had a celebration last week in a bar and twelve of us got through 6,000 baht of singha, blindin' 400 baht each and time for a boogie, went to blues factory and paid 360 baht for one round of three drinks, kind of took the edge off a good night.

360 baht for one round of three drinks

3 Singha's? If so yes thats correct, 120bht each.

There are price lists on nearly every table so its not like it was'nt made clear beforehand. :o

There are price lists on nearly every table so its not like it was'nt made clear beforehand. :D

Not the point I was trying to make Dave,

I wasn't asking that they display the price. Shall I spell it out for you?

Went for good piss up, 12 blokes got steamed up and only paid 400 baht each for the privilage, went to walking street and I paid 360 baht for three beers. ok

EVERYBODY LAUGHING :D NOBODY LAUGHING :D Can you see what I was getting at now?........... :o

Edited by Robski

There are price lists on nearly every table so its not like it was'nt made clear beforehand. :D

Went for good piss up, 12 blokes got steamed up and only paid 400 baht each for the privilage, went to walking street and I paid 360 baht for three beers. ok

EVERYBODY LAUGHING :D NOBODY LAUGHING :D Can you see what I was getting at now?........... :o

Sure, getting pissed up in the blues factory means that you need to bring more cash. :D

EVERYBODY LAUGHING :D NOBODY LAUGHING :D Can you see what I was getting at now?........... :D

Sure, getting pissed up in the blues factory means that you need to bring more cash. :D

I tell you what Dave you're a laugh a minute, seeing as the prices don't bother you as much as me, you wont feel so bad about getting them in on the TV pissup will you.. :o