Teacher applying for a non immigrant B visa. What to expect?

I'll be taking a trip out to the Immigration Department-Chaeng Wattana to apply for a Non Immigrant B visa soon. I have all the paper work from the school, degree & transcript etc. I'm just interested to know what the general procedure is, how long it usually takes, the best time to arrive to get it done,  and the demeanor of the immigration officers. I'll be dressed as I usually dress for work in a shirt, slacks and neck tie. Any recent reports would be nice to know. Thanks in advance.

If your paperwork is in order: You cannot get a Visa from Immigration in Bangkok....but if you are talking about an extension read on.

Arrive....get a queue number. Get in line. Depending on how busy they are:

In recently went before opening on a Thursday, line was about 90 people just to get in the door before it opened. Grabbed Queue # 93....did not get in before lunch break. At 1:15 got in..handed in my paperwork....10 minutes of various questions and signing papers....told to sit outside and wait for passport. Around 3 PM got passport returned with stamp for extension.

10 hours ago, tonray said:

If your paperwork is in order: You cannot get a Visa from Immigration in Bangkok....but if you are talking about an extension read on.

Arrive....get a queue number. Get in line. Depending on how busy they are:

In recently went before opening on a Thursday, line was about 90 people just to get in the door before it opened. Grabbed Queue # 93....did not get in before lunch break. At 1:15 got in..handed in my paperwork....10 minutes of various questions and signing papers....told to sit outside and wait for passport. Around 3 PM got passport returned with stamp for extension.

Yes you can, maybe he is converting a tourist or visa exempt entry to a Non-B at CW.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Yes you can, maybe he is converting a tourist or visa exempt entry to a Non-B at CW.

Right. I converted a visa exempt to Non-B. For future reference, C to the far right is where the visa exempt conversions to Non-B visas are done. I was given a waiting number to go to the M area on the left, which is where Tourist visas are converted to Non-B.  In that queue I was told to go back and get a waiting number for C, so it was a bit of a headache. But once I finally got the correct waiting number the whole process went very smoothly. The immigration staff were also friendly and helpful. Though I was lectured about wasting so much paper in photo copies of my passport pages which my school had prepared for me. The immigration officer gave most of the copies back to me and told me to reuse the paper :D