Where to find this device -TrackR- in Bkk?

momtaz

Hello guys,

I came across this link of TrackR, seems to be a very tiny in size and cost device,

here is the link:

https://buy.thetrackr.co/gu/special-offers/15/checkout

I would like to ask if anyone of you used it before? and how effective is this device?

useful to be installed in car and motorbike too?

also can be sticked in the bag of a kid in case shopping or walking in a big market area,

to avoid losing your child, just my idea, not sure about installation or power supply issues for this device etc,,

if this is a good one, where to find it in Bkk?

thank you very much in advance for sharing your comments accordingly, or if any other device for similar purpose?

Kind regards

When Lazada has plenty of such stuff then it will certainly be available at shops in Bangkok too.

Where is for the Bangkok experts.

Set of 3:

http://www.lazada.co.th/trackr-bravo-set-3-6131029.html

Plenty of other online sources.

One of them the TrackR Thai website:

http://www.trackr.co.th/

Edited by KhunBENQ

i-tracker.jpgI have a relative that needs to be tracked when we go somewhere.  I tried two systems here in Thailand.  GS-Traq was one and it was extremely complicated to use and didn't work well, although the quality of the device looked very good.  

The one I have been using for two years that is outstanding in accuracy and simplicity is made by http://www.i-trackingthailand.com/ and is the "Guardian Personal Tracker".  The device looks cheap almost somewhat like a child's toy (which made me disappointed until I tried it), but it is outstanding, works everywhere in Thailand where there is internet (95% everywhere) and works well in Bangkok along the streets until you get inside a tall building where it won't track.  The battery in it lasts at least two days continuously on.

The software is on the internet web site and provides map tracking, detailed GPS coordinate information, historical tracking back several weeks, and is EASY to use.  The device is 3 inches by 2.5 inches, has a "SOS" button on it and other voice features as I recall.  You can set up "boundaries" where the device sends you an alert if the device is caried outside the boundary area.

The cost is 695.50 Baht per month.  Not real cheap, but actually works!  So that makes it worth it if you are worried about losing someone that wanders off.  You can also access that website from your internet-capable mobile phone, which I always have with me.

You can order it from them and they will deliver it.  I have my payment set up via a Thai bank on automatic monthly payments.

Let me know if you want more detail.

Thanks for the replies and information,

If this i-tracking to pay 600 baht a month, there will be around 7200 THB per year,

I would prefer to find a device to buy it at one time payment and use it.

Thank you very much mojaco, appreciate your efforts,

As far as I understand it, the TrackR only has a range of about 30m. Outside that, it can't send tracking info back to your phone.

So if for example you hid one on your motorbike and some one stole the bike, once they were more than 30m away you couldn't track them any more so to me it seems largely useless unless you were a a forgetful sort and wanted to track things within the confines of your house.

If you search 'motorcycle' 'tracking' in Ebay you do come up with small GPS tracking devices for about 500 Baht which require a phone sim but I don't know how well they work.

Tempting to buy one to try it out since they seem quite cheap.

as I understand it , TrackR works by crowd sourcing , you need to have other TrackR users close to your lost item ,,

once you report it missing to TrackR  , it Pings  its location to a close TrackR user, ,

It needs many users to be all over the world and close to your lost item :)    ..........great idea that is not going to work most places

If you want to track , get a GSM sim card tracker, if there is cell service it will be able to track it......

Edited by BKKdreaming

Hello guys,,

this recent post of BKK dreaming about GSM sim card tracker, how is it?

something like to mobile device to insert a sim card inside it to keep the tracking signals or else?

is there are tracking device connected with the satellites? or could be tracked by suck signals to locate the where the device around?

24 minutes ago, momtaz said:

Hello guys,,

this recent post of BKK dreaming about GSM sim card tracker, how is it?

something like to mobile device to insert a sim card inside it to keep the tracking signals or else?

is there are tracking device connected with the satellites? or could be tracked by suck signals to locate the where the device around?

look up gsm tracker on ebay ,   you could call it a mobile phone with no screen or keyboard !

it just uses the mobile phone set-up / GSM sim card ,

you set it up to "call home" when it gets moved out of its area , or you can set it to "call home" every minute ,  when it is moving etc , 

I have no idea how good the cheap ones work , and if I was going to use it  in a car or truck I might just use an old mobile phone that has a GPS chip and android for the App,

Hope that helps

BKK dreaming, firstly, appreciate your kind efforts with many thanks,

what is really needed is, a GPS tracking device to be installed in fleet of cars / motorbikes to track their working routes,

we not really need call back, we just need to track where the vehicle being, with web access to track the routes that was passed by,

the reason of using the tracking devices, to make sure that the vehicle followed the planned routes, and prevent theft, etc..

Thanks again,