Prostate cancer

justEnjoy

The main expense will be the drugs.

The cost will depend on which drug is used and what brand of it (where there is more than one)...and whether you use a private or public hospital (and the two are connected i.e. private hospitals will tend to use expensive western imports while public hospitals will tend to use the least expensive option).

Where in Thailand are you located?

Speaking as someone already been there done that, I don't understand why you need hormone therapy as well. As I understand it, hormones are used to shrink the prostate, and you don't have one.

If it's because you have urinary restriction ( as I did ) you don't need hormones. You need an operation to put an incision in the constriction, which is where they joined the urethra together after removing the prostate.

You may be able to self catheterize to keep the restriction open, rather than having an operation.

You can PM me if you wish.

The best option -- and the least expensive -- in Chiang Mai is SriPat (special medical Services - a quasi-private division of CMU Hospital).

Recommend Prof. Bannakij Lojanapiwat there, many TV members have been treated by him with consistently good feedback.

He also has hours at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital but tretament will cost much more there.

And, he has a private clinic of his own but I am not sure he would be able to provde ADT and do the necessary tests to monitor from there - but no harm in asking so maybe start there and he'll let you know if better to see him at Sripat.

See this thread for some feedback on Dr. Bunnajit and alos contact phone numbers http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/860626-urologist-in-chiangmai/