thai id card for foreigners

57 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you don't know it, they should take a blood sample for testing.

I was offered a full medical screen when I registered (small fee), x-rays, ecg, blood tests and ultra sound.

In answer to your statement i was not asked or offered a screening. Seems like everything in Thailand no two same organisations do the same thing.

1 hour ago, NilSS said:

it doesn't confer Thai national status to the holder, only resident alien status

Therefore it's an 'foreigner' ID card. Not a 'Thai ID' card.

1 hour ago, NilSS said:

The pink ID card IS a Thai ID card.

No it is not, it is a Thailand ID card issued to foreigners. Difference being Thailand is a country and Thai being a person who comes from Thailand. A pink ID is not issued to Thais.

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NilSS said:

the card cannot be used outside the district it was issued UNLESS the holder has permission to stay 

Which really is stupid as you cannot get the card unless you have permission to stay. Doh.

• Like 1

Just now, sinbin said:

Which really is stupid as you cannot get the card unless you have permission to stay. Doh.

I got that card on a tourist visa.

I used that card once to provide ID for a train ticket, in a different province to where it was issued.

52 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Therefore it's an 'foreigner' ID card. Not a 'Thai ID' card.

I suppose you call your Thai driver's license a foreigner license too. 

45 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Pink ID is also issued to stateless people. This is where forum posters like yourself are getting confused. 

26 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I got that card on a tourist visa.

Bv11shyt

17 minutes ago, NilSS said:

[Therefore it's an 'foreigner' ID card. Not a 'Thai ID' card.]

Pink ID is also issued to stateless people. This is where forum posters like yourself are getting confused. 

To be pedantic, it's a Thai issued ID card for people without Thai nationality.

Is this the same card as issued to stateless people now?

The last time I saw one, it was almost white, with a thick pink diagonal line running from top left to bottom right across the card.

13 minutes ago, NilSS said:

Bv11shyt

It doesnt matter what visa or no visa you are on it only matters that you have the permission of the house mater to get the yellow book. Then you can appy for the ID card cant have ID without yellow book. (Lawaliting the yes you can if you have PR)

The foriegn ID card is just that a Thai ID card issued to foriegners. Its also issued to stateless people as mentioned who can only use it in the province it was issued,  and need permission to travel to another Province.  As expat/immigrant/visitor/guests  whatever you want to call yourselfs the only valid in province does not apply.

17 minutes ago, NilSS said:

Bv11shyt

@NilSS

Read the entire thread. Pretty sure others got pink Id on a tourist visa too. Same with yellow book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

@NilSS

Read the entire thread. Pretty sure others got pink Id on a tourist visa too. Same with yellow book. 

Your absolutely correct.

In my Province they used to issue Tabien Baans and ID cards to anyone who had the House Masters permission to apply even if they had entered on a 30 day Visa exempt.

They soon tightened up though and will now only issue it to those holding a Non Imm type Visa or Extensions.

Provinces set their own criteria for eligibility.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your absolutely correct.

In my Province they used to issue Tabien Baans and ID cards to anyone who had the House Masters permission to apply even if they had entered on a 30 day Visa exempt.

They soon tightened up though and will now only issue it to those holding a Non Imm type Visa or Extensions.

Provinces set their own criteria for eligibility.

Still do was helping a friend up here last week get his Yellow book. All sorted pick up next week he is on a VEE at present.

Can't speak for anyone else, but the reverse of my Foreigners ID card issued by the Thai Government translates as follows;

Central Registry

Department of the Interior.                                                                                                          Ministry of the Interior.

Code of conduct for ID card holders

1. This card is not a Thai ID card.

2. Always carry this card for Inspection.

3. Cardholders must not leave their premises unless they have a valid alien identification card or passport.

No idea where this nonsense of it can only be used in Province where issued comes from.

Edited by Tanoshi

On 10/4/2017 at 9:20 AM, Tanoshi said:

If you don't know it, they should take a blood sample for testing.

I was offered a full medical screen when I registered (small fee), x-rays, ecg, blood tests and ultra sound.

I know my bloodgroup but was never asked for it when registering in local hospital nor in private hospital where I am registered as well

On 04/10/2017 at 3:02 PM, Tanoshi said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but the reverse of my Foreigners ID card issued by the Thai Government translates as follows;

Central Registry

Department of the Interior.                                                                                                          Ministry of the Interior.

Code of conduct for ID card holders

1. This card is not a Thai ID card.

2. Always carry this card for Inspection.

3. Cardholders must not leave their premises unless they have a valid alien identification card or passport.

No idea where this nonsense of it can only be used in Province where issued comes from.

No 3 i have a diffrent translation to yours but in essance thats the bit about not leaving province without permission. I was told by Amphoe that the card id really meant for stateless persons from neighbouring countries

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

No 3 i have a diffrent translation to yours but in essance thats the bit about not leaving province without permission. I was told by Amphoe that the card id really meant for stateless persons from neighbouring countries

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

And you still got it... can you post a picture of yourself???   :shock1:

Edited by jumbo
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Just obtained my Thai ID card from Lampang Municipal Office.

Easy business:

Documents Required:  Passport and Yellow House-Book, with copies of the ID pages in each

A few simple questions (including blood group!).  Photograph and thumbprints taken, all done in under half an hour.  No queue before being attended to.  Polite and good-humoured service throughout.

Onwards to opening a bank account .... (I'll post in the banking forum about that). 

16 minutes ago, yang123 said:

Easy business:

Documents Required:  Passport and Yellow House-Book, with copies of the ID pages in each

A few simple questions (including blood group!).  Photograph and thumbprints taken, all done in under half an hour.  No queue before being attended to.  Polite and good-humoured service throughout.

Onwards to opening a bank account .... (I'll post in the banking forum about that). 

and getting the yellow book was a breeze too?

4 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Sorry to hear your Pink ID has no value for you. I have been lucky I guess as I have used the ID successfully on many occasions such as driver license renewal, hotel check-in, Thai price at some attractions and parks, phone company and banks. I no longer carry my passport.

No long-term stayer carry their passport, a total waste of time.

3 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

No long-term stayer carry their passport, a total waste of time.

waste of time?

you mean waste of load capacity?

anyway

I would have loved to have a yellow book and a pink ID

bits like that can only make life easier in LoS

• Like 2

Pink ID Card just Paid for Itself @ Doi Inthanon National Park....

Thought people would like to know at Thailand's Highest Mountain Peak ( 2,565 metres )........ 

Thai Entrance Fee  =  50 Baht

Farang Entrance Fee  =  300 Baht

They accepted the PINK Farang ID Card and me and the Thai misses both got charged just 50 Baht = Good WIN, eh!

They WILL NOT accept a Farang with a Thai Driving License as a 'Local'

Not bad a 250 Baht saving - 1 Happy Camper here ????  

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:08 AM, inThailand said:

Same as the yellow book, not worth the paper it's written on. Was able to use it once in 18 years. Made for good kindling though. 

18 years and you still haven't learnt how to integrate into the Thai way of doing things.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, yang123 said:

Easy business:

To get a Thai ID card, it's a long process taking around 3 years. You have got a Non-Thai ID card, very different to a Thai ID card.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 5:38 PM, melvinmelvin said:

waste of time?

you mean waste of load capacity?

anyway

I would have loved to have a yellow book and a pink ID

bits like that can only make life easier in LoS

It's easy to get a yellow book and an alien pink card, although not sure why you want one.

27 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

It's easy to get a yellow book and an alien pink card, although not sure why you want one.

the way I understand it;

in some provinces and amphoes it is a smooth and simple process

in others it is a very time consuming and demanding rollercoaster process