thai id card for foreigners

35 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

No body said you couldnt get a new card after it becomes a card for life at 60  not 70 as you stated. IF damaged or lost.

There is no cut off age for ID cards.

Amphurs tell citizens attaining 60 they can use that card for life, meaning it doesn't have to be replaced every 6 years, but they can still replace it as required.

Edited by Tanoshi

25 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There is no cut off age for ID cards.

Amphurs tell citizens attaining 60 they can use that card for life, meaning it doesn't have to be replaced every 6 years, but they can still replace it as required.

You really cant accept your statement was incorrect just man up and admit your 70 quote was incorrect.

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Makes no diffrence 60 is card for life

Thai ID card for foreigners doesn't have a validity date.

I obtained mine at 58.

Card at 60 isn't 'for life' as you put it.

You just don't have to replace it every 6 years.

You can still replace it anytime you feel it's necessary.

As the wife's grandmother did at 72, and her Mother did at 64.

24 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Thai ID card for foreigners doesn't have a validity date.

I obtained mine at 58.

I will quote on post from you then leavebit as your just acting like a kid who has been scolded by his Dad grow up . Oh and the pinko does have a valid to date if your under 60. This posted by you.

"

ID cards are replaced every 6 years with new updated photos.

At age 70 they stop updating the card.

When the card is renewed on or after your 70th birthday it's good for life." 

You were wrong end of goodnight sweetheart. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LionofMedaCM said:

I have this card . it's useless you can't do nothing with it , is just to collect your fingerpringts that's all 

Ah ... but can you do anything with it ... mine has been useful

Edited by JAS21
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2017 at 11:28 AM, Tanoshi said:

By not replacing it every 6 years is the same as having it for life. The only way you can replace it after the age of 60 is by either moving Amphurs or changing your name. IMO.

Edited by sinbin

14 minutes ago, jumbo said:

thumbprint and bloodgroup were required for mine, the picture and the ruler behind it shows me 5 cm taller as in my native passport and as I remember my actual height to be......

Yes same here which is why i was querying the finger prints (plural) as has been mentioned. Blood groups i would take with a pinch of salt and would hope hospitals would in case of Emergancies. Did a very quick very un scientific poll last night 15 friends on line app asked who knew there blood group 13 didnt 2 did!.

22 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Did a very quick very un scientific poll last night 15 friends on line app asked who knew there blood group 13 didnt 2 did!.

I have known mine since I was 18 years old. It was shown on my military ID card and dog tags. It is one of those things that is locked in my memory.

I guess all those that did not know it have never donated blood.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sinbin said:

By not replacing it every 6 years is the same as having it for life. The only way you can replace it after the age of 60 is by either moving Amphurs or changing your name. IMO.

That is incorrect.

A Thai can replace their ID card any time they need to do so.

They get lost, stolen and defaced being carried around for so long.

They report the loss or damage to the Police first, it will then be replaced for 20 baht.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

That is incorrect.

A Thai can replace their ID card any time they need to do so.

They get lost, stolen and defaced being carried around for so long.

They report the loss or damage to the Police first, it will then be replaced for 20 baht.

Were talking Pink ID cards not Thai. And you are correct regarding lose, stolen etc. I forgot those possibilities.:smile:

30 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yes same here which is why i was querying the finger prints (plural) as has been mentioned. Blood groups i would take with a pinch of salt and would hope hospitals would in case of Emergancies. Did a very quick very un scientific poll last night 15 friends on line app asked who knew there blood group 13 didnt 2 did!.

If you register with your local government hospital, they record your blood group for future reference.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have known mine since I was 18 years old. It was shown on my military ID card and dog tags. It is one of those things that is locked in my memory.

I guess all those that did not know it have never donated blood.

Quite possably i like you know mine for the same reason as you. I have it although it would never be taken as Gospel tattooed on my arm.

There are many who never give blood out there. Knowing your blood group is not a burning priority to many i suspect.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you register with your local government hospital, they record your blood group for future reference.

Intresting how do they getbyour blood group? I am registered at mine never had to give a sample to them 

1 minute ago, sinbin said:

Were talking Pink ID cards not Thai. And you are correct regarding lose, stolen etc. I forgot those possibilities.:smile:

The topic is ID for foreigners, but the conversion to which you replied concerned Thai ID cards.

Regardless of which ID card, they can be replaced as required if lost, stolen, damaged, change of address etc.

My wife's son lost his ID card earlier this year, and hers was getting 'shabby' after going through the washing machine twice.

She got a Police report and the Amphur replaced both for 40 baht.

I can do exactly the same to replace my Pink ID card.

8 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Intresting how do they getbyour blood group? I am registered at mine never had to give a sample to them 

If you don't know it, they should take a blood sample for testing.

I was offered a full medical screen when I registered (small fee), x-rays, ecg, blood tests and ultra sound.

The same misconceptions keep coming up here. Regarding the restriction on movement, what is written on the back of the card is that the card cannot be used outside the district it was issued UNLESS the holder has permission to stay i.e. a valid visa and extension, in which case the restriction on movement doesn't apply. This is very clearly stated, albeit in Thai. I suspect posters here are getting their girlfriends to translate and only getting the 'you can't travel' part.

The pink ID card IS a Thai ID card. It's an ID card issued by Thai government i.e. a Thai ID card. What is stated on the card is that holding it doesn't confer Thai national status to the holder, only resident alien status. Another 'girlfriend' translation gaffe on this I suspect.

I really think if people don't really know what they're talking about they should just shut their cake hole.

Edited by NilSS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Funny that as its a thumb print on mine 

Yeah ok Jeab, you're the man. Seems you like to be a little fastidious with some people's post - I could guess as to why.......

You were quite correct, it was my thumb.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yeah ok Jeab, you're the man. Seems you like to be a little fastidious with some people's post - I could guess as to why.......

You were quite correct, it was my thumb.

But it wasnt you i was querying it was. So chill out and stop getting defensive

12 hours ago, LionofMedaCM said:

I have this card . it's useless you can't do nothing with it , is just to collect your fingerpringts that's all