Samkong Underpass to be closed for maintenance, completion pushed to October end

snoop1130

Samkong Underpass to be closed for maintenance, completion pushed to October end

Kongleaphy Keam

1_2016930143126574_CPgAwBJntvJWrTQamGFdiUtGifnYDqVGGBHCDRqw_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Samkong Underpass is to be closed from 10pm today until 4am tomorrow for electrical maintenance and installation. 

Motorists are only allowed to use the road above the underpass during this time slot. 

“We have also installed signs at the junction to notify motorists,” said Chalermpol Wongkiattikun, the project engineer from the Department of Highways. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Samkong-Underpass-be-closed-maintenance-completion-pushed/65647?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-30

10 hours ago, Valentine said:

I went through yesterday & looked like they are starting to install the pumps but one lane was already closed so it must be something else. On the north side there is a several metre gap where tarmac does not meet which I thought was pretty silly.

ah...similar to where News Flash: today, the English Channel Tunnel meets the French Channel Bridge ?? ('Round the Horn' or was it 'Beyond our Ken')

Edited by sendintheclowns
syntax

Supposed to be closed for maintenance overnight but it was closed in both directions around 2pm yesterday, causing traffic chaos, especially as the roads above were flooded. I don't know if there had been a flood inside the underpass, I couldn't see. 

9 hours ago, madmitch said:

Supposed to be closed for maintenance overnight but it was closed in both directions around 2pm yesterday, causing traffic chaos, especially as the roads above were flooded. I don't know if there had been a flood inside the underpass, I couldn't see. 

Of there was they could not clear it as no pumps in place although I did see one being fitted today.