Overnight Airport Parking

miltonbentley

Last time I stayed there (earlier this year) 50 Baht a day, parked about 8 metres from the arrivals door, sweet. Security guards give the car a general look over but no problem.

Cheers Cuban - like the name/avatar

From my recollection it was more than 50 baht/day if left overnight.

I think that it was 100 baht/day when I have left my car there "for several days at a time in the past".

Maybe the price has come down (but it will be one of the rare occasions that it has, won't it?)

Just a word of advice: don't leave any valuables in your car while it is there. Earlier this year I parked at the airport while making a day trip to Bangkok. I left the car in the morning, and when I returned that night something had been stolen. It was on the outside of the car, not inside, so not picked locks or smashed windows. I was parked only 50 meters from the security checkpoint. I did report it before I left, but of course to no avail. I will park there again if needed, but with less confidence.

Just a word of advice: don't leave any valuables in your car while it is there. Earlier this year I parked at the airport while making a day trip to Bangkok. I left the car in the morning, and when I returned that night something had been stolen. It was on the outside of the car, not inside, so not picked locks or smashed windows. I was parked only 50 meters from the security checkpoint. I did report it before I left, but of course to no avail. I will park there again if needed, but with less confidence.

Thanks Puwa - good advice

What got stolen?

Well, since you asked, a brand-new BMW emblem got yanked of the hood.
Well That explains it, you need to use really strong glue or the "new" BMW emblems just fall off Isuzu's '90s paintwork what with the Thai sun and vibrations from those planes taking off. :o

I'll get my coat.... ! :D

Well, since you asked, a brand-new BMW emblem got yanked of the hood.
Well That explains it, you need to use really strong glue or the "new" BMW emblems just fall off Isuzu's '90s paintwork what with the Thai sun and vibrations from those planes taking off. :o

I'll get my coat.... ! :D

Right. That's what I get for sticking a BMW roundel on an old Mazda pickup truck. I'm just a dog barking at an airplane...

> What is stopping you parking at Airport Plaza (free innit) and

> taking a song taew to the Airport?

Nothing.

Or for one day, you could even park at that restaurant opposite. (Kaew Pla Sod I believe it's called, not a half-bad place for a meal when stuck at the airport and looking for some non-airport-food. Try he fried fish with herbs. (Pla thod samoonprai or some such)

<deleted>, is it lunchtime already... sorry for the hijack: Parking and BMW emblems it is. :o

Edited by chanchao