Flight from BKK to LHR

kailung001

That depends on direct or non direct, have a look on a few sites and see what comes up, sometimes prices are cheap for a reason, you decide what the reason is it, some airlines I would never fly, some I have also learnt by experience and would not use again. I no longer look for the cheapest, I fly with an airline with a good reputation, comfortable seats, good legroom, reasonable food and convenient departure and arrival times, good service to me and the aircraft is also a priority, price paid is important but so is my arrival in comfort.

Someone has to say it :whistling:

Ask skyscanner.

Endless influence factors (when in the year, day of week, nonstop, 1 stop, 2 stop, duration of trip in days).

The closer the European winter comes the higher the prices will be.

https://www.skyscanner.co.th

No idea what Norwegian Air offers to London.

A typical LCC. starting prices without food and  baggage :unsure:

It's not on skyscanner.

Generally cheap flights will be 1 stop flights.

China Eastern, Turkish Air, Oman Air are just three examples of cheap ones.

In October returns start at some 21xxx Baht.

BA nonstop 24280. A top price. Hard to consider other options.

As said: for October.

Can be completely different in Dec, Jan.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Singapore Airlines if you don't mind flying via Singapore Changi.

SIA has a young fleet and service onboard is excellent. Also, if you join their frequent flyer reward program called Krisflyer, you can use the airmiles to obtain discounts on the overal cost of the flight.

My flight planned for next year cost me €530 euros which for a five star airline is pretty good.

The video was taken in June this year on SIA's brand new A350-900.

10 hours ago, kailung001 said:

I've used Eva and it was so expensive (60k-100k baht), but now I use British air much cheaper like 18k baht for return (nonstop).

Including taxes ?

I paid some B26k for BKK-LHR-BKK on BA back in May.

3 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Including taxes ?

I paid some B26k for BKK-LHR-BKK on BA back in May.

My question too.

18k return from Bangkok to London?

18k is close to the lowest prices I have seen to European airports with dubious airlines and crazy long stopovers.

Sure you see such prices at billboards in Thailand daily but all exclusive.

Easy double the price when paytime comes.

14 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Using momondo.com last month I found Oman Air, R/T BBKK/LHR (via Muscat, 90 minute layover) for GBP 465 and BA, direct, BKK/LHR at GBP 485, all inclusive - hard to beat in my book.

£20 extra for a non stop with British Airways has got be the pick, you know what you are getting, a well maintained aircraft and a good service. Been my choice for the last 4 trips.

Have paid 404.44 GBP, Manchester - Bangkok return, Qatar Airways for my sister to meet us in Thailand, mid-February 2017.

1 stop Doha 2hr transit inbound, 1 stop Doha 14hr layover return (Booked 4* Hotel  50GBP to relax and refresh). Totaled after NZD conversion 21,994THB.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:57 AM, Denim said:

Just paid 24,000 baht return BKK LHR. BKK non stop with Eva Airways.

Departed 13 th September returning 4th October.

Paid 34,000 for the same flight last year.

Having travelled with EVA also BA and Thai. I know who id use out of the three and it's not BA, or Thai.

EG if you want to pre-book your set it'll cost 34euro each way with BA  (you can leave it to the last 24 hours and it'll be free) but no guarantee the seat you want will be available. EVA it's free as of booking. Thai is also free. EVA will almost certainly be cheaper for their nonstop flight.

Just booked EVA Business for the 6th Dec: £1.600 for a 6 month open ticket. BA £2.400, Thai £2.560. Both of those are not open so if you need a change of plan it's going to cost more normally £100. So EVA it is.

Edited by fredob43

On 10/2/2016 at 9:21 PM, kailung001 said:

I've used Eva and it was so expensive (60k-100k baht), but now I use British air much cheaper like 18k baht for return (nonstop).

I have used British Airways a few times, but the food is dreadful, the worst of any airline I have ever flown with, I always

make sure that I carry my own food.

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have used British Airways a few times, but the food is dreadful, the worst of any airline I have ever flown with, I always

make sure that I carry my own food.

I must agree the last time I flew with BA was in their economy + seats (refused to use their Business class as it's at best rubbish in a cramped 2/4/2 configuration) EVA Air 1/2/1 same plane,  Not going down their over price route.

I was served a hard DRIED up totally inedible pasta dish days/week's old who knows.

I received this as they had run out of anything on their menu, Must say the seat section I was in was 3/4 empty how they had run out???

I did get a pat of butter but alas no roll or any form of bread to put it on. Did ask the ladies!!!

(Their the fat, disinterested, well past it mob, that serve? you) Why I had it or was it as I suspected to grease the seat? for some reason that didn't seem to go down to well.

So your correct food Dreadful and according to the internet getting worse. Cant believe that as you cant much worse than Inedible. But in BA case maybe you can who knows.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The OP asked about "cheapest".

This is the price for flying cheap. :biggrin:

Yes sorry about diverting. But EVA Air isn't expensive. A friend of mind has just booked with them paid £478 for a nonstop return that was from London to BKK. That was for a 37 day trip.

But be aware that the prices in this direction (LHR -> BKK, Europe -> Thailand) are most always cheaper than the flights from Thailand.

A well known annoyance for expats in Thailand who want to do a home visit.

Years ago the situation was even worse than today.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, KhunBENQ said:

But be aware that the prices in this direction (LHR -> BKK, Europe -> Thailand) are most always cheaper than the flights from Thailand.

I do realise that, so have just looked up some prices. BKK LHR BKK

Oman air is the cheapest at 11.713bt each way. Time taken for trip 1 day 4 hours 20min: Bit less return but not a lot.

EVA Air 13.852bt also each way. Time non stop 12.15 hour about an hour less return.

All the other airlines were somewhere in between price wise with the time somewhere in between to two.

Conclusion EVA about £45+ each way more expensive than the cheapest. But it will save lots of time, days in fact. Or you could pick another airline add a bit of time and save about £40 Total for return trip.

I chose the dates at random out on the 7/11/16 return 7/2/17 

The choice is yours but for £20 each way I know who I would be going by.

On 03/10/2016 at 8:57 AM, theoldgit said:

As others have said, there are so many variables all of which impact on the price.

Malaysia Airlines are offering return flights for 23,000 Baht at the moment, via KLIA.

and that is actually the NON-PROMO fare.

once they start a new Promo, those flights r usually less than 20K, and flying the A380 is a comfortable affair (compared to cramped B-777 with 10 seats per row)

• 5 weeks later...

I just read that BA is planning to move, from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3 seating in Economy, on their B777s (which serve Bangkok amongst others), which unless accompanied by a matching price-cut would be one more reason to look elsewhere.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37902468

"The plan could increase the number of seats on its Boeing 777 aircraft by almost 20%, from 280 to 332.  Each row would have 10 seats rather than the current nine.

BA said: "We are flying more customers than ever before... , to meet this demand we are updating our (Boeing) 777 cabins to bring us into line with many of our competitors."

It said it would also be upgrading its in-flight entertainment systems with bigger screens."

EVA are still 3-3-3 on BKK-LHR, with a better seat-pitch, in my recent experience.

On 08/11/2016 at 6:58 AM, chiang mai said:

I just flew LHR/BKK with BA this week, first time in five years, not bad but cramped seating, goodness only knows how they're going to cram an extra seat .

Wifey and I flew BA back to UK in July/Aug and I was pleasantly surprised especially at the 25k price tag although agree the seats are cramped and the idea of one extra per row could be a deal breaker.

21 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Wifey and I flew BA back to UK in July/Aug and I was pleasantly surprised especially at the 25k price tag although agree the seats are cramped and the idea of one extra per row could be a deal breaker.

Ditto, I flew with them in May, and found them to be just-about-OK, despite the 1-bag/23-kgs limit(on hold-luggage) which was balanced by the more-generous allowance for your carry-on bag.

Wonder how much their price willdrop, as a result of the extra-seat, a direct/non-stop flight at B22/23k might be attractive.

27 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Ditto, I flew with them in May, and found them to be just-about-OK, despite the 1-bag/23-kgs limit(on hold-luggage) which was balanced by the more-generous allowance for your carry-on bag.

Wonder how much their price willdrop, as a result of the extra-seat, a direct/non-stop flight at B22/23k might be attractive.

Incensed profit maybe, price drop.....I have my doubts.

On 06/10/2016 at 8:06 PM, KhunBENQ said:

yep the fares are more competitive today. 22K for a return trip to Europe in Y-class on a one-world carrier (where I have lounge access) during absolute peak season (XMas/NYE) is not that bad. I booked such fare just 2 weeks ago