webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I read the report it stated that they delayed for the rice harvest and it even said one minister knew about storms coming.. the the report called it a calculated risk .. I stopped believing the report there.  It was clearly written to exonerate her. So i stick with my own calculations showing that in two months a lot of water could have been drained. So she made it worse.. and I stick with it. 

If you read the report with an unbiased point of view -- maybe just a hint of objectivity, you might learn something.  The author doesn't support your point of view.  He is writing for the insurance industry. He certainly doesn't have any reason to 'candy-coat' the reports findings for any politician.  But don't let me confuse you with a reasoned opinion.

I just saw a picture of a train running through a giant lake on twitter which was I guess somewhere in central Thailand and there appeared to be some heavy flooding somewhere in BKK. Today I spoke with a girl from Laksi who moved out of her home a week ago because she had a foot of water in it. It's dried out again but the family isn't moving back for fear of another flood. Not sure how long they have to wait to know. During the big flood in the past they had a meter of water in their home.They are staying somewhere with a relative who has a two story home.

flood train.jpg

Edited by Alive

2 hours ago, pookiki said:

If you read the report with an unbiased point of view -- maybe just a hint of objectivity, you might learn something.  The author doesn't support your point of view.  He is writing for the insurance industry. He certainly doesn't have any reason to 'candy-coat' the reports findings for any politician.  But don't let me confuse you with a reasoned opinion.

You say he is writing for the insurance company.. yet what i read is something totally different. Guess we will differ about this. Because it does support my view I just don't agree with all he says.. He agrees that YL delayed the release of the water.. he just said it was a gamble she could take.. i disagree.. because other experts told her not too.. and in 2 months you can drain a lot of water extra.. That is a fact. 

If the writer was writing for an insurance company he would never have gone into the details about the ministers and the bangkok pundit (newspapers and such). Sounds a lot like a setup for a whitewash. But at least he agreed YL delayed the release.. after that math takes over and shows that she made the flood worse.

Anyway.. will be too busy most of this month to be posting on the news forum.

I hope the flooding does not get worse for the people and I hope the dams fill up more. 

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I just saw a picture of a train running through a giant lake on twitter which was I guess somewhere in central Thailand and there appeared to be some heavy flooding somewhere in BKK. Today I spoke with a girl from Laksi who moved out of her home a week ago because she had a foot of water in it. It's dried out again but the family isn't moving back for fear of another flood. Not sure how long they have to wait to know. During the big flood in the past they had a meter of water in their home.They are staying somewhere with a relative who has a two story home.

flood train.jpg

Laksi always floods its near Chang Wattana.. there is always trouble (flooding wise)

So a lot of Bangkok is underwater again judging from the news reports. Yingluk has a lot to answer for. How could she let this happen twice ? Can't blame current government. They have only been in power two years whereas Yingluk had weeks to sort things out.

It's fortunate the great man ( Prayuth ) had the foresight to get rid of Sukhumpand. At least he can't stop the government draining water through Bangkok as he did before.

Still, if it gets worse I suppose there will have to be an investigation of the governments mishandling of things and they will have to fall on their bayonets.

Lets just hope nobody is churlish enough to blame the flooding on the weather or the fact that Bangkok is low and getting lower.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

You say he is writing for the insurance company.. yet what i read is something totally different. Guess we will differ about this. Because it does support my view I just don't agree with all he says.. He agrees that YL delayed the release of the water.. he just said it was a gamble she could take.. i disagree.. because other experts told her not too.. and in 2 months you can drain a lot of water extra.. That is a fact. 

If the writer was writing for an insurance company he would never have gone into the details about the ministers and the bangkok pundit (newspapers and such). Sounds a lot like a setup for a whitewash. But at least he agreed YL delayed the release.. after that math takes over and shows that she made the flood worse.

Anyway.. will be too busy most of this month to be posting on the news forum.

I hope the flooding does not get worse for the people and I hope the dams fill up more. 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Just a minor correction. The author of the report wrote it for the insurance industry as a whole, no particular company. He dealt with the issue of alleged negligence by the government because insurance companies are always interested in being able to subrogate their losses against 'third parties'.  His conclusion was there was no 'smoking gun' (sufficient evidence) to support a finding of negligence.  Frankly, I found the report well researched and the conclusions reasonable based on all available information. 

Widespread flooding and traffic nightmares in Bangkok
Storm on way but no major floods feared

Two headlines on TVF today,   how are people supposed to protect themselves with contradictions like this, and the post I shared yesterday, No floods EX SPURTS say