Did I get stamped in with wrong stamp?

Re enteringThailand last week I got the stamp pictured. My situation is long time extension of stay based on marriage, current for rest of year. My multiple reentry stamp was put upon an immediately prior issued single reentry stamp, so that is a bit confusing (they didn't put in a new stamp, just amended the prior one). Can anyone advise me what this stamp pictured is saying? A bit worried.......

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, islandguy said:

16 Jan,2017. Should be 3 months after the Sept 23

I see what you mean, not in fact 3 months. I think this is the date, Jan 17, my current extension expires. However, since I have a multiple re entry stamp, that should still be good the next 3 months. So back to NON-RE?

18 minutes ago, islandguy said:

I see what you mean, not in fact 3 months. I think this is the date, Jan 17, my current extension expires. However, since I have a multiple re entry stamp, that should still be good the next 3 months. So back to NON-RE?

I think it is saying you are stamped in using a re-entry permit for a Non Imm entry. I am not sure why you think a re-entry permit keeping alive your permission to stay until 16 Jan 2017 should give you any kind of extension (unless your complaint is that the re-entry permit is until 17 Jan, but the immigration official is off by one day). If the one day difference is an issue, get it corrected at immigration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, islandguy said:

16 Jan,2017. Should be 3 months after the Sept 23

You would get 90 days if entering with a Non Immigrant Visa, but you are entering with a Re-entry Permit so the 90 day rule doesn't apply. 

4 hours ago, islandguy said:

"I see what you mean, not in fact 3 months. I think this is the date, Jan 17, my current extension expires. "

A re-entry permit doesn't give you three months stay. It only maintains your current permission to stay or extension of stay.

If you have an extension based on marriage that ends on 17 January, then you will only be given an entry up to that date. You don't get any more or less when you enter on a re-entry permit.  Beyond that date you would need a new extension of stay and a new re-entry permit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • "NON-RE" simply indicates that you used a Re-entry Permit to enter the country.
  • Re-entry permits are valid for the same time as the permission to stay you have when you apply.
  • If you have a Multiple Entry Re-entry Permit you can come and go as often as you want and will always be stamped back in until  January 16th.

Thanks for all the replies. I did understand most of the preceding, but don't remember looking at the NON-RE part of the stamp before. Seems there is no problem or mistake, ??????????????????????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, islandguy said:

To make it cisearer, it is the NON-RE part of the stamp that is not clear toisme. The entry date and 16 Jan, 2017 dates are clear.

Don't worry I have the same NON-RE on my stamp. Means NON IMMIGRANT REENTRY. But my original stay permit Is a retirement visa and the reentry permit Is a NON IMM. Just their way to call each step for their own unlogic logic....

7 hours ago, MaxiMaxi said:

Don't worry I have the same NON-RE on my stamp. Means NON IMMIGRANT REENTRY. But my original stay permit Is a retirement visa and the reentry permit Is a NON IMM. Just their way to call each step for their own unlogic logic....

" Just their way to call each step for their own unlogic logic.... "

If you actually had a non-imm O-A (often erroneously called a retirement visa) or if you entered on a non-imm O or non-imm O-A and then obtained an extension of stay (often erroneously called a visa) based on retirement, your original entry was as a non-immigrant visa holder.

Their logic seems entirely logical. The absence of logic (unlogic??) seems to derive from your misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

" Just their way to call each step for their own unlogic logic...."

If you actually had a non-imm O-A (often erroneously called a retirement visa) or if you entered on a non-imm O or non-imm O-A and then obtained an extension of stay (often erroneously called a visa) based on retirement, your original entry was as a non-immigrant visa holder.

Their logic seems entirely logical. The absence of logic (unlogic??) seems to derive from your misunderstanding.

I'm sorry I understand very well, but on my passport my 1 year "extention of stay permit" IS called "RETIREMENT" and of course the original Thai embassy visa a NON IMM. IN the developed countries all this has been overpassed and you do not need anymore Re entry permits once you have a 1 year permit of stay, u can come and go freely.II I IIf u dont like the word unlogic then I will use obsolete sistem. Look how complecate It Is...just old burocratic regime. Also the 90days rep Is a criminal control sistem.

Bad guys out and good guys In butcontroled as already bad guys. Sorry but this Is the feeling

1 minute ago, MaxiMaxi said:

I'm sorry I understand very well, but on my passport my 1 year "extention of stay permit" IS called "RETIREMENT" and of course the original Thai embassy visa a NON IMM. IN the developed countries all this has been overpassed and you do not need anymore Re entry permits once you have a 1 year permit of stay, u can come and go freely.II I IIf u dont like the word unlogic then I will use obsolete sistem. Look how complecate It Is...just old burocratic regime. Also the 90days rep Is a criminal control sistem.

Bad guys out and good guys In butcontroled as already bad guys. Sorry but this Is the feeling

Using "logic" maybe you should return to your  civilised,  developed world and avoid this alleged "criminality"

7 minutes ago, Fithman said:

What you have posted is a partial picture of an extensionifof stay stamp issued on the basis of "retirement". It is not a visa !

Yes It Is but based on NON IMM-O visa that becomes extended as Retirement when over 50 years of age ( even If not retired )

4 minutes ago, Fithman said:

Using "logic" maybe you shoisld return to your  civilised,  developed worlrd and avoid this alleged "criminality"

Yes using logic I stay where I want No need your suggestion and old way of thinking, but things and rules can And have to change (read Improove) and I have the right to comment Cause I live, pay with my money Imported (and not get payed by them) and respect the lows as a very civilised person and want my rights be respected also here, and not considered already Infractor before doing anything wrong. Your suggestion Is useless and offensive.

8 minutes ago, MaxiMaxi said:

Some are Extended...

Ok then

Original visa Is transforMed and becomes of type and length according to each situation.

Is ok now? 

I think what he is getting at (and he is correct) is that visas are not extended, but permissions to stay are. For some kinds of extensions, the visa originally used to enter the country does matter. It determines the class of entry (non immigrant or tourist, for instance). However, at the time the extension is applied for, the original visa is irrelevant. You are asking for an extension of your permission to stay, and this will be granted or refused based on the type of entry and various other factors (the visas held in the past not included).

Edited by BritTim