lunch yesterday across the river

cmtg1

9 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Next time go to Classic Burger. Always worth a visit.

it's always worth a visit if you are looking to eat in solitude and searching for mediocrity. Rock me is the star in chiang mai for burgers

11 hours ago, Diplomatico said:

Except the OP didn't say the restaurant delivered lousy food and service - he said he didn't like the sauce.  That doesn't make the food "lousy".  You could cook an exquisite 5 star version of liver and onions and I wouldn't like it.  Doesn't make it lousy, simply not to my taste.  

I'd say it's more like welcome to the internet age where anyone who wants can play the victim and turn any perceived slight into a semi-public drama so that three other people who give a cr@p about their complaint can "like" the post, thus making the "victim" feel like his grievance has been validated.  

As for the reason you are not complaining on-line about your Thai burger experience, my guess is that it's because you are an adult.

It was a disaster because the gravy that was supposed to have been served with the meal never accompanied the main course. In it's place was a sugary catchup meant for perhaps a sandwich as Dave alluded to. Clearly he has has lost his passion for running restaurants and attention to details is withering. It was a weekend lunchtime and there were perhaps 4 tables occupied. This isn't a character assassination it;'s an observation. 

On 10/4/2016 at 10:45 AM, junglechef said:

I had lunch recently at the Promenada branch, the ________ staff's service was __________ and the food was really _________ !

As I'm afraid that any opinion of mine will once again bring on the rath of D___ I'll leave my review eradicated.

But I do feel comfortable saying his son has learnt well, maybe he could mentor some other unnamed (except for one letter) family member  :smile:

To be fair, as my post seems to have been misinterpreted, so i'll fill in the blanks 

" ........ the FRIENDLY staff's service was EXCELLENT and the food was really GOOD! "

Figured it was obvious that I was implying positive attributes as I also complimented the manager on his professionalism.

Also I thought it was self evident that I was joking and was just presenting my endorsement in a humorous way.

(for those who are familiar with my posts know that I often try to be funny but also am not shy to speak my mind if I had something non-complimentary to say)

Well guess we all don't have the same sense of humor (even if it is TV after all where I thought having a bit of fun is encouraged)

As for anything else in my OP I'll refrain from commenting further. 

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Do they boil the ribs in Water?

Can't answer that question nor have I ever tried their highly recommended ribs and although the low and slow method of BBQ is tried and true there are many ways to prepare a dish and it's only the final result that should matter. 

I've often par-boiled ribs and then placed in a cooler covered with bbq sauce to take to a outdoor party and finished them on a grill.

They always came out good and was appropriate for the situation especially considering  the time and equipment restraints. 

I'd prefer this method to cooked in an oven and then individually freezing portions. 

Again no idea what they are doing at Duke's but seems like however they are preparing them they are well received.

Archived