Is nothing sacred.

sandgroper2

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Facebook is every bit as interesting or as dull as the people you're friends with on it. 

If you find it tedious, you must have boring friends.

thankfully i have no friends

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Stop talking rubbish , people do not post like that on FB .

Just like the OP, you are making things up and then getting annoyed about things that just do not happened

sure:saai:

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Thats how kim kardashian got into the mess she's in now with her hold-up in paris.

I think it was a hoax....they said she was tied up but any boy scout knows there ain't a knot big enough to get around that butt.

2 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

Facebook is every bit as interesting or as dull as the people you're friends with on it. 

If you find it tedious, you must have boring friends.

FB people are not your friends. Real friends phone each other, email each other and actually meet up on occasions. Many people have made FB a substitute for the real thing, a fake virtual world of just names, pictures and anomalies.

I agree with some posters that FB is good for keeping track of people that may live long distances or associating again with relatives and friends past, but making social media as a main part of social activities and friendships is warped. It reminds me of the Woody Allen film, Sleeper, when in the future people no longer have sex, they use a machine called a orgasmatron instead.  

Edited by cyberfarang

19 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

FB people are not your friends. Real friends phone each other, email each other and actually meet up on occasions. Many people have made FB a substitute for the real thing, a fake virtual world of just names, pictures and anomalies.

I agree with some posters that FB is good for keeping track of people that may live long distances or associating again with relatives and friends past, but making social media as a main part of social activities and friendships is warped. It reminds me of the Woody Allen film, Sleeper, when in the future people no longer have sex, they use a machine called a orgasmatron instead.  

My Facebook friends are my friends. I don't just add any old random people. They're people I know in real life. People I meet up with. We even use Facebook to arrange to meet up. 

If you've added a whole bunch of people that you don't give a toss about, then you probably won't enjoy reading about them.  But that's a problem you've created. Facebook is as good or as bad as the people you use it to communicate with. 

I had sausages for dinner.

i've not yet seen the Philippina lady that lives upstairs from the pub, but one of the Thai ladies from the massage place two doors down was out sweeping the six-foot way.           How could anyone find a life like this boring, whether living it or reading about it?

12 hours ago, NickJ said:

Did you read the Where to buy bleach thread?

Most people that have left there home countries wouldn't have made it off there own block before social media.

I was   more interested in the story about the bloke who cut his finger on a baht bus.

12 hours ago, starky said:

Its the new world groper. Everyone in their own self importance needs to twitter, snapchat, crackbook, line and whatsapp every single mundane little movement in their ordinary little lives, including pictures of food and hundreds if not thousands of pictures of themself, taken by themself:rolleyes:. I have little to no connection to any social media apps neither do my good friends. The problem and irony being in this instance of course that you have chosen to post on an internet forum your dislike for people posting on the internet and have in fact asked people to post on the internet their similar distaste for people posting on the internet. Just sayin...

12 hours ago, starky said:

Its the new world groper. Everyone in their own self importance needs to twitter, snapchat, crackbook, line and whatsapp every single mundane little movement in their ordinary little lives, including pictures of food and hundreds if not thousands of pictures of themself, taken by themself:rolleyes:. I have little to no connection to any social media apps neither do my good friends. The problem and irony being in this instance of course that you have chosen to post on an internet forum your dislike for people posting on the internet and have in fact asked people to post on the internet their similar distaste for people posting on the internet. Just sayin...

I lost you after the second "post on the internet".

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Just like the OP, you are making things up and then getting annoyed about things that just do not happened

"Making things up?"  and , what am I annoyed about? Also, dont know how FB got into the conversation, I was on about TV.

5 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Times change the time of face to face conversations are over. Can't rember the last time I went into a bank branch in the UK. Shopping is done on internet. Emails have all but replaced letters. More people meet on line than in pubs. Social media is here to stay. All us dinasoars have to embrace it or get stranded in time. Ps OP you asked the question on a social media site!!!@

We have a saying in Australia, goes something like this. "Come in, spinner".

Recently someone was trying to "look me up" and found no mention of me other than a few newsgroup entries from the 1990s.  (newsgroups!  remember them?)  The conclusion was that I had been living out of the country all those years, that's why.  Yeah right, Einstein.  I could have been just as invisible anywhere.  I guess if I was still working I would need to be find-able at a place like LinkedIn.  Some friends want to keep in touch via FB or twitter, I prefer not to.

Edited by bendejo

5 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmm......maybe they need to get a real life?

Looking at all their photos, posted from around the World , most of them do seem to "have lives" .

They probably feel the same way about guys in Thailand who post photos of themselves in Pattaya bars with a beer in their hand and with a different girl every night

23 minutes ago, akentryan said:

My thoughts exactly. And from a Senior Member no less?

Refer to Deepinthailand.

2 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

One word.  Insecurity.  Looking for likes, which in turn boosts their confidence.  Don't they know people with ill intentions also follow these postings.   

Wow, that is why people post things on FB ?

Because they are "insecure" and they need a "confidence " boost?

Is that just your opinion, or has there been some study done into this matter?

Who are these people with "ill intentions" that follow these postings ?

If you are concerned about the FBI or Pravda or Mossad watching you, you can put your privacy settings to private .

IF the FBI want to see what I post, then they just have to send me a friend request

On 06/10/2016 at 6:32 AM, Dexlowe said:

I suggest you read what they have written - you might be surprised at the little gems of information that you can find that will be of help, especially to the many newcomers.

Now that you are in Pattaya, how about giving us your impressions. Some of us might be interested.

The reasons people do this are the same as people posting photos of what they eat and their every thought - simple attention seeking.

Facebook is great for sharing news or funny stories, but unfortunately it gives a mouthpiece to those with far too much to say for themselves.

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

He's not talking rubbish. He's hit the nail on the head. Sounds like you are one of these people he is referring to. Crushing to the ego, isn't it.

3 minutes ago, teacherpaul said:

The reasons people do this are the same as people posting photos of what they eat and their every thought - simple attention seeking.

Facebook is great for sharing news or funny stories, but unfortunately it gives a mouthpiece to those with far too much to say for themselves.

I think you are being a little harsh, mate - certainly there are many people seeking attention, it's a symptom of our modern times which has relegated us to little insignificant boxes (metaphorically speaking). :smile:. But I don't think you can completely ignore the fact that many people are simply curious and like to hear differing opinions. It's all grist to the mill, even if it does put you to sleep sometimes.

1 hour ago, teacherpaul said:

He's not talking rubbish. He's hit the nail on the head. Sounds like you are one of these people he is referring to. Crushing to the ego, isn't it.

OK. I do not have friends on my FB page who state that have just had a dump and wiped their arse and picked their nose. I do understand that you may have those kinds of friends on your page as does he