non imm o hull

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Having said that, they do appear to only be able to do a single entry O.

I had planned getting a "non imm o visa" based on marriage in December from Hull and noticed on their Extra Evidence For Non Immigrant Visas 2016 download they state that; 

"Only a single entry visa may be granted in these circumstances. Applicant will need to arrange Extension of Stay as necessary in Thailand."

I emailed Hull Consulate 2 days ago to see if documents can be emailed to them and then visa granted from Embassy in London but had no reply yet. 

mark 79, you won,t  have got a reply from Hull yet as they don,t know, even Mr Taylor, the consulate for 30 years can,t keep up with ever changing Thai immigration changes. I think we can read into this as they will continue to make visas as hard as possible for anything other than a tourist visa.

14 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

mark 79, you won,t  have got a reply from Hull yet as they don,t know, even Mr Taylor, the consulate for 30 years can,t keep up with ever changing Thai immigration changes. I think we can read into this as they will continue to make visas as hard as possible for anything other than a tourist visa.

I Just had a reply from Glasgow Consulate who informed me that all consulates in the UK have been instructed by the embassy that they can no longer issue multi entry non immigrant visas, all multi entry non imm's have to be done at the Thai Embassy in London.

They will issue single entry non immigrant visas, but even this needs approval from the Embassy.

Certainly does seem to be getting harder! I have just got married and was looking forward to getting a non o visa instead of messing around with tourist visas! Looks like I will have to plan another visit to the UK allowing more time to acquire the visa with a trip to London, or possibly by post at London?

I gave up applying for a marriage visa years ago when I got to 65, so good luck to you, its been very easy to get an o visa based on over 65 and on state pension from (up to now?) at Hull? Never had a single entry o visa, do you go to immigration and get a stamp for another 90 days? What do you think ubonjoe?

22 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

I gave up applying for a marriage visa years ago when I got to 65, so good luck to you, its been very easy to get an o visa based on over 65 and on state pension from (up to now?) at Hull? Never had a single entry o visa, do you go to immigration and get a stamp for another 90 days? What do you think ubonjoe?

The single entry Non Imm O gives you a 90 day stamp, this can then be extended for 1 year at immigration office in Thailand if you meet the requirements. This can only be done in the last month of your 90 day stay though and I work at sea 8 weeks on / 8 weeks off. 

Looks like with recent instructions the Multi entry O visa based on retirement will no longer be issued at Hull or any other UK consulate either, only the Embassy in London will issue Multi Entry Non Imm Visas. 

23 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

No, you will have to get a 1 year extension based on retirement with the normal 800K in the bank or 65K monthly income.  Or if you are in fact still married can get an extension based in that (less money in bank)

If it were me I'd do a final check with the Cardiff consulate, I had several 12 month non-O multi's from there (marriage) but not since last year.  They may well have closed that door also now.