Man says he stomped 7-year-old boy after playtime gone wrong

snoop1130

Man says he stomped 7-year-old boy after playtime gone wrong

By Coconuts Bangkok

cctv_12.jpg

A screenshot from the viral footage.

A 43-year-old Bangkok man has turned himself in yesterday after he was caught on CCTV viciously kicking and stomping a 7-year-old boy who was playing with his 4-year-old son at his apartment building.

Amnat Talubthong, a resident of the state's Baan Auea Athon housing in Kanna Yao, admitted to attacking his neighbor's son on Tuesday, causing the boy to suffer head injuries.

In the 40-second footage from a surveillance camera, three boys were playing at the bottom of the stairs before Amnat ran down to kick one of them in the face before starting to stomp on his head.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/10/06/man-says-he-stomped-7-year-old-boy-after-playtime-gone-wrong

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-10-06

This filthy creature is facing a mere 3 years in prison and a 6,000 baht fine. Which means he'll be back in the victim's life again within a few months after his sentence is halved for confessing, then further reduced for cooperation with police and apologizing to the victim, and then reduced again with various pardons and time off for good behavior. 

I tried to make sense of it by using Google Translate to translate the Thai text into English. It looks as if the kid who got kicked belonged to some kind of gang which robbed people so I guess the father was dishing out a warning not to get his children involved. Maybe that justifies the father's actions.

4 minutes ago, Xircal said:

I tried to make sense of it by using Google Translate to translate the Thai text into English. It looks as if the kid who got kicked belonged to some kind of gang which robbed people so I guess the father was dishing out a warning not to get his children involved. Maybe that justifies the father's actions.

Nothing  justifies the action of this A hole 

Edited by Artisi

5 minutes ago, Xircal said:

So what do you think the 7yo was doing? Trying to recruit the 4yo? Yeah, I guess that would justify bush justice. 

Maybe we should get Arnie in to reprise his role as the Kindergarten Cop.

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

So what do you think the 7yo was doing? Trying to recruit the 4yo? Yeah, I guess that would justify bush justice. 

We don't know that. It seems highly unlikely but there are usually two sides to any story and the video only shows us one of them.

2 hours ago, Xircal said:

Justifies? You mean that is there anything in this poor mad world who justifies that sheer and blind violence by an adult toward a 7 years old boy???

^^^ @xircal: I was being sarcastic. 

Sorry, but when a fully grown adult smashes a 7yo kid like that then there is only ONE side to the story. There is nothing that can excuse the assailant. Nothing.

1 minute ago, newcomer71 said:

Justifies? You mean that is there anything in this poor mad world who justifies that sheer and blind violence by an adult toward a 7 years old boy???

I'm not condoning it. If this guy who kicked the child was in the habit of doing that we would have heard about it before I'm sure.

What I'm saying is that there are usually two sides to every story. I suggest you play the video again and then click the button which says "Watch on Youtube". Then copy/paste the comments in Thai into Google Translate and see what you get. You might be surprised.

8 hours ago, Xircal said:

I'm not condoning it. If this guy who kicked the child was in the habit of doing that we would have heard about it before I'm sure.

What I'm saying is that there are usually two sides to every story. I suggest you play the video again and then click the button which says "Watch on Youtube". Then copy/paste the comments in Thai into Google Translate and see what you get. You might be surprised.

If you're talking about the 21 comments on the video posted here, there's nothing surprising. They all basically say that they'd kick the sh*t out of the father if the boy was their kid.

And it seems quite bizarre to try to justify this attack by saying there might be another side to the story ... backed up by the opinions of random internet users  - who don't know any more about the story than everyone else.

I had a tough upbringing as a kid, spent 20 years in the army as a physical training instructor and also did a stint as a night club bouncer, so I've seen the rough side.. All that said, I have never seen acts of violence like we're seeing now in TL. This going for the head time after time is really sickening to watch. Despite what others may say, after 3 decades of experiences in TL, standards seem to be slipping and becoming more depraved with each passing week. If someone had done that to my 7 year old he would never walk again.

13 hours ago, Xircal said:

no.

When I see something like this, I keep wondering WHERE do people get the idea to do things like this?  Get the idea that this could be even remotely okay?  In MY mind, I imagine things like this happening 40 years ago in the Khmer Rouge camps ...that is how depraved I think they are.

12 hours ago, Xircal said:

We don't know that. It seems highly unlikely but there are usually two sides to any story and the video only shows us one of them.

This piece of shit should be charged with attempted murder, repeatedly stomping on the head of a small, defenceless child.

What kind of moral compass do you steer by to try and defend this animal?

Yours is truly one of the least intelligent, ignorant posts I have ever seen on this forum.

A candidate for the sub-30 IQ post of the year.

3 hours ago, freebyrd said:

I had a tough upbringing as a kid, spent 20 years in the army as a physical training instructor and also did a stint as a night club bouncer, so I've seen the rough side.. All that said, I have never seen acts of violence like we're seeing now in TL. This going for the head time after time is really sickening to watch. Despite what others may say, after 3 decades of experiences in TL, standards seem to be slipping and becoming more depraved with each passing week. If someone had done that to my 7 year old he would never walk again.

Three decades ago the newspapers were quite profitable and could afford a wider range of reporters and stringers to cover more news areas - yet there were not the reports back then that we are seeing today. Sadly, little in the way of statistics is collected, so it's not possible to prove anything, but anecdotal evidence and the opinions of those like you and I who witnessed those times are compelling proof of a decline in standards and behavior. Not only does it seem that there are more violent incidents, the nature of those incidents is more vicious, more ghastly. For sure, drugs, particularly ya ba, are a factor. But how much of one cannot be known. 

Contrary to your upbringing, mine was gentle, except when we took to the rugby field :smile:. But we also had local community cops who, with the consent of our parents, would give us a clip around the ear if we misbehaved. We admired and respected them, and our community was peaceful. Thirty years ago, I felt the same about the areas of Bangkok that I frequented. Not quite so much today. Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Three decades ago the newspapers were quite profitable and could afford a wider range of reporters and stringers to cover more news areas - yet there were not the reports back then that we are seeing today. Sadly, little in the way of statistics is collected, so it's not possible to prove anything, but anecdotal evidence and the opinions of those like you and I who witnessed those times are compelling proof of a decline in standards and behavior. Not only does it seem that there are more violent incidents, the nature of those incidents is more vicious, more ghastly. For sure, drugs, particularly ya ba, are a factor. But how much of one cannot be known. 

Contrary to your upbringing, mine was gentle, except when we took to the rugby field :smile:. But we also had local community cops who, with the consent of our parents, would give us a clip around the ear if we misbehaved. We admired and respected them, and our community was peaceful. Thirty years ago, I felt the same about the areas of Bangkok that I frequented. Not quite so much today. Cheers.

You actually bring up a good point Dexlowe.

Perhaps it would make sense to mandatorily test anyone accused of carrying out these potentially life threatening assaults for the presence of drugs like Yaba.

Stamping repeatedly on the head of a small child that you had already kicked to the ground is not normal behaviour, no matter what provocation.

If this guy had been tested and found to have been under the influence, then his own kids should be taken away for their own protection too. and the animal kept away from other kids.

Enough of this new Thainess for this year.

I'd make him disappear, I swear. Nobody would even step in and hold him back, what a nice part of Thai culture.

Or a fair chance: Let him fight to death with one of the best kick boxers in a closed area, where he can't run away.

. A 2 meter 25 cm guy with huge muscles will make him understand what the boy looked at. What a scumbag. I hope the kid makes a full recovery. T H A I N E S S. 

10 minutes ago, saminoz said:

You actually bring up a good point Dexlowe.

Perhaps it would make sense to mandatorily test anyone accused of carrying out these potentially life threatening assaults for the presence of drugs like Yaba.

Stamping repeatedly on the head of a small child that you had already kicked to the ground is not normal behaviour, no matter what provocation.

If this guy had been tested and found to have been under the influence, then his own kids should be taken away for their own protection too. and the animal kept away from other kids.

It's the usual way Thais fight.It's hard to understand how a human being can do that to a little boy. And they never fight  one on one, I've made my own experience. 

2 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

I hope this cockroach gets some true justice in a Thai jail cell.  Lots of the guys in there have children, and are not overly fond of those who hurt kids. 

If it was the child of a gang (as a previous poster found), then gang justice will visit him.

Edited by cncltd1973

4 hours ago, freebyrd said:

If it were me, he would be "sort of able" to walk so he had a permanent life time reminder of this actions.