90 day report will not be accepted without a copy of current TM30

Thailand

Had this confirmed by a friend who went to Airport Imm today to pay his 1600 baht dues for the TM30.

A current copy now has to be in your passport,no TM30 copy no 90 day renewal slip.

He had also sent in his 90 day by post which was returned to him and they said no slips issued if no TM30 copy and this applies to current postal submissions in the system, nonsensical but that it what he was told.

Online reports have also gone to pending for some people so maybe the same thing applies but no option to upload a form so possibly another online system going kaput, only guessing on this one.(Could be a TM30 reference number added to the online system perhaps)

This may not apply to Prom but I doubt it, they may simply send people to Airport Imm money collection point.

Fire away.

Edited by Thailand

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He had also sent in his 90 day by post which was returned to him and they said no slips issued if no TM30 copy and this applies to current postal submissions in the system, nonsensical but that it what he was told. "

Not correct apparently, his submission had already been accepted pending posting and was returned to him via the first office on the left. The other information came from the TM30 office at the back where the fines are paid and referred to future postal submissions.

I guess none of this is much of a problem if you have the TM30 .  1508202.GIF

I have to ask this question again as things keep changing.

I filed TM30, Chiang Mai. Have since left the country for a week and returned on re-entry permit (retirement extension).

I was told I don't need to file another TM30 if at same address and returning on re-entry.

Does anyone KNOW if is this STILL the case, or has it ever been? :)

Will need to do a 90 day report in Chiang Mai in a few weeks.

Sounds like it may become easier to leave the country every 90 days instead of all this bull....

3 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Successfully got a 90 Day Report two days ago with a non current TM 30.  Highly regarded visa agent did it and made no mention of my TM 30 not being current before or after.

But you had a TM30 stapled in the passport...?

I contacted my Local Agent to ask about my 90 report

He stated that if i am registered in Chiang Mai Area

I do not need a TM 30 receipt

Unless i report outside of Chiang Mai Area

i will find out on Monday when i have mine done

So for people who think they know

Monday will be interesting

This is obviously another Chiangmai imm work in progress with the chances are that at the moment left hand right hand, Airport Imm, Prom, and even the couple of offices at the Airport imm are not on the same page.

As for the other questions, 90 days starts on your return to country. Landlord should give a copy of TM30 to tenant to staple in passport, at least that was what I was told at Prom when filing TM30 for new tenants a few months ago. And in theory a new TM30 should be filed on return.

As usual differing accounts of requirements.

13 hours ago, kilt said:

I have to ask this question again as things keep changing.

I filed TM30, Chiang Mai. Have since left the country for a week and returned on re-entry permit (retirement extension).

I was told I don't need to file another TM30 if at same address and returning on re-entry.

Does anyone KNOW if is this STILL the case, or has it ever been? :)

Will need to do a 90 day report in Chiang Mai in a few weeks.

They've told me clearly and repeatedly that I must re-register the TM30 every time I come back into the country, regardless if I'm gone for 1 day or more.  The good news, though, is that you don't need to fill out any new paperwork presuming you're returning to the same address.  Just take in your passport and they'll paste a new round stamp on your existing TM30 Receipt of Notification.  I'd also note that they told me twice (both in February of this year and this past month that I need to re-register with seven (7) days of coming back (which is more reasonable than the 24-hour deal in the statute).  Last month, I did it 5 days after returning and they were fine with that. 

23 minutes ago, CMBob said:

They've told me clearly and repeatedly that I must re-register the TM30 every time I come back into the country, regardless if I'm gone for 1 day or more. 

According to the visa folks at Chiang Mai Land you need to re-register even after travelling domestically for a couple of days. Seems ridiculous but make of it what you will.

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

According to the visa folks at Chiang Mai Land you need to re-register even after travelling domestically for a couple of days. Seems ridiculous but make of it what you will.

For domestic movements it should be a TM.28, but as they do as they please, no point to argue.

I'm not discounting what Thailand has reported but really having a yellow book,Pink Thai ID card,Driving Licence,9 years at the same address,Utility bills, 30 odd 90 day reports

all tied to the same address and I still have to show where I am...mind boggling.

48 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I'm not discounting what Thailand has reported but really having a yellow book,Pink Thai ID card,Driving Licence,9 years at the same address,Utility bills, 30 odd 90 day reports

all tied to the same address and I still have to show where I am...mind boggling.

You know where you live, that's the most important.

And if any of the memory losses associated with old age kick in you have a number of documents to remind you- assuming you can remember where you left them!

Left what?

What about if people have the yellow tabien bahn ?

Then there must be some people who rent condos from farang owner.

No Thai ID for the landlord in that case. And if you need to keep re-registering after domestic travel, how many trips is that going to be. Bureaucratic implosion springs to mind.

9 hours ago, cmsally said:

What about if people have the yellow tabien bahn ?

Then there must be some people who rent condos from farang owner.

No Thai ID for the landlord in that case. And if you need to keep re-registering after domestic travel, how many trips is that going to be. Bureaucratic implosion springs to mind.

As posted before, I am the housemaster (Yellow book) and rented my house to foreigners. I filed a TM30 at Prom using passport ID and was given the completed slip and told to give copies to all those foreigners in the house to staple in their passports. So no problem for foreign "owners" to file on behalf of their foreign tenants.

Regular travellers can keep proxy forms and copies of landlords info to report when they return, officially within 24 hours but apparently up to seven of return,maybe!

I think the bureaucratic implosion is already well under way.

33 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Hmm, I've never filed a TM30 in fifteen years and TVA takes care of all my Immigration stuff, what to do I wonder, have my wife file one now maybe?

Neither had my friend, take along 1600 baht to give to the boys in the back room number 3 I think it is.

I guess they switched from accepting them at Prom a short time back to ensure the majority going to comply with the old regs now being enforced are going to pay the fine.

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Neither had my friend, take along 1600 baht to give to the boys in the back room number 3 I think it is.

I guess they switched from accepting them at Prom a short time back to ensure the majority going to comply with the old regs now being enforced are going to pay the fine.

I'm thinking Mrs CM can file a new one claiming my return from an overnight stay elsewhere, the previous one she, ahem, cough cough, filed three years ago when I last returned from overseas, is now lost - good luck Immigration in trying to get Mrs CM part with 1,600 baht!

26 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I'm thinking Mrs CM can file a new one claiming my return from an overnight stay elsewhere, the previous one she, ahem, cough cough, filed three years ago when I last returned from overseas, is now lost - good luck Immigration in trying to get Mrs CM part with 1,600 baht!

In fact that is what I did last year when I first found out they were starting to push the filing of the TM30. My tenants had already been in for 4 months so we submitted the TM30 one day after they returned from holiday and of course the date of entry was one day before the submission so no problem.

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

In fact that is what I did last year when I first found out they were starting to push the filing of the TM30. My tenants had already been in for 4 months so we submitted the TM30 one day after they returned from holiday and of course the date of entry was one day before the submission so no problem.

Workaround alert! :shock1:

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

As posted before, I am the housemaster (Yellow book) and rented my house to foreigners. I filed a TM30 at Prom using passport ID and was given the completed slip and told to give copies to all those foreigners in the house to staple in their passports. So no problem for foreign "owners" to file on behalf of their foreign tenants.

Perhaps they did this in Promenada. Now they do not allow a farang housemaster to be on the paper, even though you are the legal owner. I own our house through usufruct, the guy deleted my information, put my wife's name on it and asked me for 1600B. I arrived on a Saturday and this was Monday morning. Needless to say the information was not entered into the computer.

25 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Perhaps they did this in Promenada. Now they do not allow a farang housemaster to be on the paper, even though you are the legal owner. I own our house through usufruct, the guy deleted my information, put my wife's name on it and asked me for 1600B. I arrived on a Saturday and this was Monday morning. Needless to say the information was not entered into the computer.

That is not completely true as I am regarded as house master, my wife is non Thai .The TM 30 form was submitted by me as house master and was accepted, I did get fined as well. I do however believe that the Thai member of the household takes precedence as house master, I may be wrong.

23 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

would be nice to read a report from a condo owner self reporting.   According to the wording on their own websites they state that it is for businesses and people renting out units.http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay  It really doesn't address condo owner occupants.

Tried to register this as it was also suggested in a FB group. That is myself for an apartment in Bangkok, as well as my wife for the house in CNX. No response. So forget about it unless you know someone in charge who could put you through. All absolute rubbish.