90 day report will not be accepted without a copy of current TM30

Thailand

5 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Just to confirm i got the TM30/28 penalty...1600 Baht.

6 weeks over their 'by the book' reporting window.

IIRC that Police General who was interviewed by Chiang Mai City Life after the questionnaire, said they get only 20% of the penalties charged kicked back from Bangkok. For each 1600B that makes 320B. So stop complaining and pay up. Someone has to run the country :) 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, MadMac said:

IIRC that Police General who was interviewed by Chiang Mai City Life after the questionnaire, said they get only 20% of the penalties charged kicked back from Bangkok. For each 1600B that makes 320B. So stop complaining and pay up. Someone has to run the country :) 

True but I guess it all depends on how their *cash* register is registering this day :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Still a bit daft though. How long do you have to have owned a house before they figure  out that you actually live there? I'm on 25+ years. My drivers license has my address unchanged for 5 years and no-one questions it every time I fart.

The issuers of my 2 year work permit also assume that I return to the same address should I leave Chiang Mai for more than 5 minutes. It's also proof of residence for 2 years, acceptable to most government agencies. 

And let's not forget too that a trip abroad requires an exit-re-entry visa. Guess what guys, I returned to my house, where coincidentally my wife lives too. The very same wife that is the basis on which they grant the visa.

I wonder what is the relevance of filling in your address every 90 days, and reporting it to the immigration police? Apparently it doesn't count. You've got to laugh!

A 'Come On You Reds' goodnight. 

Its relevance is that it is proof to them that you were there a long time and didn't fill out the form.  For me; it was the date in my Yellow Book.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

6 hours ago, mania said:

Also known as the bend over & spell run method :blush:

yes ,one can put it that way,

but 15 yrs plus full time living here in C/mai, have encountered far worse hitches,then this storm in a tea cup

and  looks as if  a  1600 baht fine is on the cards, if that is the case to deal with it, E/S will  bend over, and pay with a smile, to get on with my happily self funded retired life in Cmai,    from reports, presently there is only one winner in the T.M. 30  Stakes,and thats the Immgr Dept, pay up ,or get out, as you have done

do hope you are in good health,and your shelia as well

its a lovely cool morning to all

8 hours ago, mania said:

Also known as the bend over & spell run method :blush:

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

yes ,one can put it that way,

but 15 yrs plus full time living here in C/mai, have encountered far worse hitches,then this storm in a tea cup

and  looks as if  a  1600 baht fine is on the cards, if that is the case to deal with it, E/S will  bend over, and pay with a smile, to get on with my happily self funded retired life in Cmai,    from reports, presently there is only one winner in the T.M. 30  Stakes,and thats the Immgr Dept, pay up ,or get out, as you have done

do hope you are in good health,and your shelia as well

its a lovely cool morning to all

A cool reply, and good advice on how to deal with this situation.

Have to think about this philosophically.  The TM30 isn't my responsibility.  So they will accuse the wife of being a criminal for not submitting the form that, of course as a Thai native, she should know about.  Correct?  So when she loses face, it will be Thai immigration who has to deal with her.  So I'll leave plenty of time to process my next 90 day.  She is about as fond of inefficient bureaucracies as I am. I can hear her now, "You have Yellow Housebook!  You have Thai Driver License!  You give them form tell them where you live every 90 days!  Why they want me give them stupid form too!"  <I'll just smile in sympathy>  When they send the wife down to pay her fine and fill out a TM30 on me, it will be worth the1600 THB to watch the fireworks.  :smile: lmao

Edited by connda

On 10/11/2016 at 2:43 PM, OneZero said:

I assume the "P" means Pattaya, ie Jomtien.  If so - no surprise.  Jomtien Immigration takes a sensible approach, has established a highly efficient procedure, and does not seem to  emphasize looking for bureaucratic excuses to charge "nonsense" fines the way that Chiang Mai Immigration does.

Obviously the CM Imm Slush / Petty Cash fund is running dry.  Need some satang to buy Johnney Walker for the upcoming holiday office parties maybe???  :stoner: Just a guess. 

If of some interest...

Today postman delivered my 90 day report receipt.

Paperwork mailed one week ago to Immigration Airport Office without TM30 receipt and all came back to me as usual for 90 days more...

:passifier:

I went down to Nakhon Sawan on Wednesday morning, passport in hand, TM 28 and 30 in my bag.

I handed over my passport, the lady ran it through the scanner and printed out the form. I signed their part and that was it.

Job done.

I saw one lady with a black bow on her shirt and asked if she had any spare and she gave me 5. They wouldn't even let me put any money in the Xmas tip box.

What an excellent Immigration Office Nakhon Sawan is. Good helpful staff, most speak fair English and they are farang friendly.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I went down to Nakhon Sawan on Wednesday morning, passport in hand, TM 28 and 30 in my bag.

I handed over my passport, the lady ran it through the scanner and printed out the form. I signed their part and that was it.

Job done.

I saw one lady with a black bow on her shirt and asked if she had any spare and she gave me 5. They wouldn't even let me put any money in the Xmas tip box.

What an excellent Immigration Office Nakhon Sawan is. Good helpful staff, most speak fair English and they are farang friendly.

What part of Chiang Mai Province is Nakhon Sawan in?