Help required re: Mitsubishi Pajero warranty

pollyog

My Pajero Sport, purchased new, will be 3 years old next month.  It is kept in a carport when not being driven.  I can't read Thai and speak very little. The car looks immaculate except for the step/bar along the sides.  Can anyone tell me whether it is normal for the side steps of this vehicle to be rusty at this age and if not, whether this might be replaceable under warranty? ( I live in Phang Nga where English is not that widely understood so the local dealer struggles to understand anything other than Thai)

Can you post a pic of the rust? 

Were the "Side Steps" a dealer installed piece or came from the factory? 

Its likely not covered under warranty, the dealer can easily say you didn't do proper maintenance/cleaning (regardless of if you did or not)

You can always try though, nothing stopping you. 

I live in Surin and they were replaced under warranty. It helps that my wife and I get on really well with the service manager. He actually went out of his way to do good for us. Even changed a shockie that was faulty. He said that it is a common problem with the Pajero and it was changed.

Same with my Pajero, which is over 5 years old now. But only one side. As said above, clean, (an anti oxidant undercoat should prevent further rusting) and respray with Matt black. 10 minute job. Other than that, after 248,000 km (and 2 sets of Duelers), the Pajero soldiers on.

On 05/10/2016 at 9:07 AM, Yann55 said:

A - I really loved her.

B - He was nothing more to me than a customer.

Oldest story in the world, oldest 'job' in the world. Note that the girl was brought (read sold) by her own mother. Lying about age ...

Thai 'love stories' in a nutshell.

On 03/10/2016 at 8:53 PM, peterpop said:

Thank you all for your replies, some very well thought out and only one or two that were somewhat intellectually challenged.  I am very lucky to have a normal marriage and a trusting relationship.  In fact the admission came days [only] before the Chanute is due to be issued for the house in question.  Our solution is to check the Credit situation as suggested.  Thereafter a few workable options remain.  Thanks to all once again.  Matter now closed.