Visa Query

Hi All,

Nationality: British

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the forum - I failed to find it if so.

I am set to return to Thailand in June for a period of 2 months. That is to say, I have a return ticket for two months after my arrival.

Being British, I get the 30 day grace, but given the length of my stay as shown on my flight ticket, will I need to apply for a non-immigrant visa (I think that's the one) before travelling?

It would be great if I could just do it from within the country but I am concerned they may not let me in on the 30 day auto-visa knowing that I plan to stay twice as long.

Many thanks in advance..

Will.

Hi All,

Nationality: British

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the forum - I failed to find it if so.

I am set to return to Thailand in June for a period of 2 months. That is to say, I have a return ticket for two months after my arrival.

Being British, I get the 30 day grace, but given the length of my stay as shown on my flight ticket, will I need to apply for a non-immigrant visa (I think that's the one) before travelling?

It would be great if I could just do it from within the country but I am concerned they may not let me in on the 30 day auto-visa knowing that I plan to stay twice as long.

Many thanks in advance..

Will.

will, you don't need a non immigrant visa...just send your passport to hull while in the uk and get a tourist visa. that will give you 60 days from your date of entry into thailand. this visa can be extended also, where as the 30 day on arrival can not.

Alternately you can use the Consulate in Birmingham, if you're in Oxford, they have a postal service as well.

Royal Thai Consulate, BIRMINGHAM

c/o Smith Keen Cutler,

Exchange Building,

Stephenson Place, Birmingham B2 4NN

Tel. (0121) 6439481 (Off.) 4493334 (Res.)

Fax:(0121) 6430345

Alternately you can use the Consulate in Birmingham, if you're in Oxford, they have a postal service as well.

Royal Thai Consulate, BIRMINGHAM

c/o Smith Keen Cutler,

Exchange Building,

Stephenson Place, Birmingham B2 4NN

Tel. (0121) 6439481 (Off.) 4493334 (Res.)

Fax:(0121) 6430345

Hull and Birmingham offer a fast service.