I Found God on Koh Phangan

Inspire

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

Complete and utter cobblers.  How many wars of religion were fought during the Ancient and Classical periods before the advent of the totalitarian monotheistic religions (Christianity and Islam)?

How about the Hundred Years War, the Italian wars of the Rennaissance?

And what about all the wars of Monarchical competition and expansion in 18th century europe?

And the wars of Nationalism in 19th century europe?

And the two great wars of Political Totalitarianism of the the 20th century?

You people are ridiculous with your constant trotting out of your "it's all the fault of religion, they're the worst" crap.

Oh I almost forgot, how many wars do you think were fought in Asia for religious reasons?  Like in China for instance?  How many years of history does China claim to have?

How about all those clan wars in Japan and the defeat of the Korean Armada?

And the Khmers conquering most of what is now Thailand and the rest, was that religious?

Were the wars in Indochina/Vietnam (with the huge death toll) religious?

Cambodia.

Korea again?

And all the anti and post-colonial wars in the rest of the developing world.

Ruanda, with a genocidal killing rate that far exceeded the Nazis best efforts:  "Hey everyone just go out and kill your neighbour because they're a different tribe"

The Congo.

I could quote you at least 3 to 1 secular to non-secular conflict.

But why should I have to do "the knowledge" for you?   

Just go away, try and get a comprehensive understanding of military history, and stop talking immature nonsense.

The same goes for all the others on TV who, in their monumental ignorance, like to chant the same "mantra" with monotonous regularity, and with such "religious" fervor.

god bless you

35 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

Haven't you seen "Ancient Aliens' on the History Channel? God was a captain of the ship 'Heaven' who came from an older planet on our spiral arm of the galaxy to our younger planet and conducted genetic experiments to develop us as we are. He's no more sadistic than a dog breeder trying to create the perfect breeding line, sure he has to destroy pups along the way, but it's nothing personal. As far as his 'son', that was after god died (he was a creature after all, longer evolved but still just a creature) and wanted to create a short cut to his afterlife association (that's what religion is - the living benefiting the spirits and the spirits assisting the living), because life and death are just 2 sides to the same coin constantly flipping through infinity, unless a religion is able to break the cycle.

C'mon, I thought everyone knew this?!

So he is an <deleted> 

3 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

No don't agree there only the A holes that belive in it

You mean the ones that proselytize, crusade and judge, right? Belief is harmless to others without action. But, yeah, I'm with you there. It's all a bit stone-agey now. Hopefully one of these generations will get it together.

I met Jesus Christ on Ko Chang back in early eighties - an American Hippy with dark tan, long brown hair, beard with a Thai wife and some goats.  Back when Ko Chang was off-limits to everyone unless you paid the Thai Navy guards a small entrance fee  - he built a small house out of drift wood and an old sunken boat.  He used to smuggle refridgerators, electronics, household, items you name it into Cambodia and Vietnam...........what the hell, even Jesus Christ has to eat??