Thai Boxing superstar in Lebanon to train soldiers in Muay Thai

rooster59

Thai Boxing superstar in Lebanon to train soldiers in Muay Thai

boxing.PNG
Image: Daily News

Thai boxing superstar Buakaw Banchamek is in Lebanon teaching soldiers the art of Muay Thai.

He is a guest in Beirut of the Lebanese Muay Thai Association. 

He posted a video of his experiences yesterday on his Facebook page showing him sparring with a young kid in a Beirut gym much to the delight of the adult audience.

Buakaw was also shown some fighting techniques by the special forces group in the city dressing up in combat gear for a photo opportunity with the Lebanese personnel.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-09

What?  War is not fought in a ring.

Soldiers need to spend time on the gun range, in the gym, hiking, swimming and running.  They should be trained in confined, room clearing, and shooting.  They should also be trained in ancient, Russian, Military, Special Forces, offensive tatics that will allow them to cause fatal injuries with their hands in under 6 seconds. Sniper and spotting training is also a must for a certain percentage.

When all the nerves in the human body are memorized; one strike to nerves running down the arms can paralize the enemy with one blow and cause a fatal injury on the second and third strike. 

History has shown us the fall of goverments and the deaths of many millions of soldiers that invaded Russia, especially in the winter time.

Perhaps many politicians should get a refresher course on Military History and soon!

Winning wars is very simple.....make them your friends!!

War is a loser's game for us serf's...

My impression after watching wifey looking at the Pattaya circus, is that a halfway decent boxer would flatten most of these guys. I think I've only seen a couple this year who shaped up even halfway well. It's a bit like that volley-ball-with-your-feet thing for its head-scratching potential.

Edited by LifeInDorset

Soldiers need to spend time on the gun range, in the gym, hiking, swimming and running.  They should be trained in confined, room clearing, and shooting.  They should also be trained in ancient, Russian, Military, Special Forces, offensive tatics that will allow them to cause fatal injuries with their hands in under 6 seconds. Sniper and spotting training is also a must for a certain percentage.

When all the nerves in the human body are memorized; one strike to nerves running down the arms can paralize the enemy with one blow and cause a fatal injury on the second and third strike. 

History has shown us the fall of goverments and the deaths of many millions of soldiers that invaded Russia, especially in the winter time.

Perhaps many politicians should get a refresher course on Military History and soon!

I agree. Thank you for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

Wonder if you ever have had encountered close combat under the conditions you speak about. or have been in situations like you describe. 

if so then you know ... the reality is totally different from the books. As well that most opponents are pumped up with all kind of stuff that makes 'strong and feel less'

This, like bayonet training, is an attempt to make them aggressive. Let's be honest, most conscript soldiers are about a fraction away from their mother's milk. They're young, untested, and as likely to throw their weapons away and bow in abject surrender as fight.

My impression after watching wifey looking at the Pattaya circus, is that a halfway decent boxer would flatten most of these guys. I think I've only seen a couple this year who shaped up even halfway well. It's a bit like that volley-ball-with-your-feet thing for its head-scratching potential.

In a boxing match? Yes possibly but notice they are using legs, knees and elbows as well. You cant be serious?

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:
He is a guest in Beirut of the Lebanese Muay Thai Association. 

He posted a video of his experiences yesterday on his Facebook page showing him sparring with a young kid in a Beirut gym much to the delight of the adult audience.

Buakaw was also shown some fighting techniques by the special forces group in the city dressing up in combat gear for a photo opportunity with the Lebanese personnel.

You have an article title telling you that he is there to train soldiers in the art of Muay Thai.

Yet the article itself tell you that he is a guest in Beirut of the Lebanese Muay Thai Association.

It also tells you that he is being shown (not the other way round) fighting techniques by the special forces and actually got dressed up for the photo shoot.

I know what I believe........................;)

19 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Wonder if you ever have had encountered close combat under the conditions you speak about. or have been in situations like you describe. 

if so then you know ... the reality is totally different from the books. As well that most opponents are pumped up with all kind of stuff that makes 'strong and feel less'

Every soldier's fear is different.  Many die because they couldn't pull the trigger.  Some are fearless.

The inner cities present another problem with trash people who are pumped on illegal drugs.  Those individuals need to be neutralized immediately, especially if there is more than one.  They just keep coming and most have guns and knives.

I served in the U.S. Military for 4 years.  In 1969, the Army was losing in the first Tet Offensive, and some naval personnel were sent to counterinsurgency training with the Navy Seals.  After going through training, I was ordered on shore outside of Danang to take over an area held by the Marines.  They were pulling out, so naval personnel took over and held it for one year until we turned it over to the Army. 

Post-Vietnam, I've studied most martial arts and military history combat training.  I worked with a Black Belt Karate expert in training women in self-defense in Central America. I was asked to step up the training to protect against deadly weapon attacks.  I trained them with advanced Military tactics on how to kill instantly in the event their life was threatened with a weapon.  Some of our female students, some as old as 55, who were beaten by their husbands with objects on a regular basis, used their training and put them in the emergency room, some in intensive care.  They continued their training, lost weight, gained confidence and their life changed for the better.

Having lived in Vietnam, Czech Republic, several areas in Central America, and Columbia, I've had to put my training to use with street gangs who robbed foreigners and bullies as well.

And, I'm pleased to be here now to answer your question.