Thai Frisking Patrol - what are you carrying NOW?

JHolmesJr

Not a serious thread, so political analysts please wind your heads in.

There's more frisking and checks than ever these days…so what are you carrying at the moment?

Me: 2 packs of durex comfort, sunglasses, a card for tulips massage, sunglasses, phone and a pack of fags.

Whats in your backpack?

Keep my general stuff in army type shoulder bag has Sunglasses, driving glasses, reading glasses, 2 wallets, mobile, pen & notebook, keys, flick-knife & a Glock 21 45 cal, 1 clip with 5 bullets & a toothbrush.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Keep my general stuff in army type shoulder bag has Sunglasses, driving glasses, reading glasses, 2 wallets, mobile, pen & notebook, keys, flick-knife & a Glock 21 45 cal, 1 clip with 5 bullets & a toothbrush.

A Glock is for wimps.  I carry a Samsung.

Wallet including copy of passport page and emergency medical contacts,, passcard, keys, 2 telephones, stethoscope, 1 pr. latex gloves, 1 pr vinyl gloves, hand sanitizer,  iris scissors, forceps, blunt probe, a couple baggies, pen, paper, face mask, kleenex, small plastic bag, sunglasses, sun hat, small  bottle sun block,  cortisone, antibiotic gel.

Like most tourists fresh off the plane generally carry no less than 800 000 baht in mixed currency, 7 baht gold, 3 phones an ipad and laptop.  Then my EDC of course nothing special just the everyday black ops go bag much like you would find in the possession of all the other operators in Bkk and patts. 

Nothing at the moment because as reported here, in the Bangkok Post etc I have left all my valuables including a vast quantity of cash in the back of taxi from the airport as is so commonly done.... in the sure knowledge that the honest Thai cabbie will notice and rush to return to the airport and give it back to me....

Then he and I can have our fifteen minutes of fame in the media...

Mind you he has been gone a while now, four days, nine hours and ten minutes...   But I am sure he will return.  I mean it was in the papers...

Besides the keys and reading glasses I carry my wallet with the Thai Driving License. Copy of Passport is on the mobile, in Dropbox, and a backup in Google Drive. In 20 years of living here I have been asked to present my passport about 3 times (not counting border crossings or visa extensions).

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

another ludicrous comment!...obviously the Glock is in ur dreams and meant to impress others...pls go home and stop polluting the Thai (and my) environment!!!

16 hours ago, tifino said:

so far - no see passports mentioned :thumbsup:

Passports are for losers. No need to carry if you live in Thailand.

Thai id card, Drivers lic. is all you need.

In 12 years I have been stopped only 2 times. showed these doc. and sailed by.

23 minutes ago, DSJPC said:

another ludicrous comment!...obviously the Glock is in ur dreams and meant to impress others...pls go home and stop polluting the Thai (and my) environment!!!

yeah id have said the  toothbrush was ludicrous personally

Did you say front pack or back pack. I am to old for a back pack but still carry yea ole front pack its rather attached to me. I am to old to stop and frisk. They better be careful in a pat down I am still of the frisky age. Yes I will pee in their cup if it turns purple I know for a fact they are looking for a bribe. I try and not stand out in a crowd no tatoo's or other adornments or nose ring to which they could attach a leash and lead me away. I mostly live in my comfortable man cave so they would have to come and knock on my door and say please may we search you.