3" net pots

jmicaelk

Hello and welcome to TVFF, it would help if you gave the area you live in,

and what you want to grow to  help get replays.

Do you want NP's for hydroponics or orchards?

You can crunch through alababa and limit you search to Thailand,  and

start calling Co's for what you need, and most likely will be 1 case as the

smallest purchase.

rice555 

DSC_0013_1 2.JPG

Hello All, I went to my downtown Ag store that I've used for 15+ years and they had 4"

net/orchid pot with a 3" pot. They have a book from the distributor with size/stile of pot

they cary.  The price for the 3" net was 3to4Bt ea. depending on quanity ordered.

This was in Muang Korat, should be able to do the same in larger towns with a good Ag

store.

rice555 

3%22-4%22 netpot.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rice555 and thank you, sorry I didn't get notification that someone replied and with everything else going on in Thailand and here right now I didn't check. But I did find pots that I hope will work. They will be used in NFT and I found same as you posted, the more open model 1400 b for 1000 and the other one 5b for 4.

I hope you can help me with an other thing for hydroponics, I will do strawberries in strawberry towers and looking for solutions to be used in my water, MaxiGrow and others can't be found here I guess, so what do you suggest and for 1000 strawberry plants how big water tanks should I use ?? I read online and people talking about about 2 liters per plant. Any comments on that ??

Regards Micael

Hello All,  I haven't grown anything except using run-to-waste and no idea on what formula

to use for strawberries. Have you tried through Accent Thailand, from the parent Co. "Accent"

in OZ. Another option is D.A.L.T/Dutch Grennery in CM, they also work with Take Me Home

brand of hydro tom's. They were doing testing NTF berries at one time, one of these Co's may

have nutrients for sale.

I buy bulk chems and weigh/mix up the nutes I use, Can order all you need from WESCO in BKK.

Scoop 1 might be able to come up with a formula for you to DIY, the cost from WESCO for the

basic and micros to make 10,000L would cost Bt. 12-14,000 + Bt.1,000 S&H and a scale to weigh

things.

rice555         in a rainy Korat

Thank you, yeah I want to try to make my own mix, this what I found on a very good site and should work for Thailand, but 10,000 L is a bit much for me, my tank will be 2000 L maximum just to make sure the mix stay as stable as possible

For a recirculating system like NFT, the following nutrient protocol can be followed. It is important that a water test is conducted before using any solution and appropriate adjustments are made as per the analysis in the test report.

Nitrogen(Nitrate) – 160 ppm

Nitrogen (Ammonium) – 15ppm

Phosphate – 50ppm

Potassium – 210

Calcium – 190ppm

Magnesium – 50ppm.

Fe- 6ppm, Bo-0.5ppm, Mn-0.5ppm, Cu=0.1ppm, Mo, 0.05ppm, Zn, 0.08ppm

The micronutrient mix is mixed as above.

Mixing this will result in a solution of EC 1.8-2.0 provided the base water has less salinity. The ideal conductivity for strawberry is 1.2-1.5 during growth phase and 1.8-2.5 during fruiting phase. Higher the temperature, lesser the EC.

Hope that tells you more than me haha, and I should be able to get it all from Wesco

Hello All, I get 24kg bags of Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulphate, MKP

and Potassium Sulphate, did get MAP also. The micro come in 1kg package, you can get the

regular or chelated. I use chelated Cu and Fe, but use reg. Mn and Zn. Solubor comes in 500g

pack for borax and Moly comes in a 200g bottle. I only .120g of moly for 1,000L so it lasts, and

also the expansive per g. of everything.  WESCO has it all, one stop shopping and will ship to you.

What listed above,  pluss 2 more kg's of Fe I can make 20,000L for either toms/chilies/eggs/melons.

I have two scales, 1. 50X.001g.  for micros, about Bt.2,800 from a Thai mail order store.

2. 2000x.01 for the Fe through the 25kg bag chems. from T-Mart an OL cheep Chinese products,

comes with 2@500g calibrating weights. Bat or AC   was about $134. I do wish I would have got 

a 3Kg instead of the 2kg. I do 4x batches of nutes and the Calcium Nitrate is over 1,100g and with

container weight and CN weight I can't get 2x weight, can with the 3Kg scale, was only $20. more.

If you are in an area, I'm in Korat and can most of the chems from a local big Ag store,not small city

shops, but 1kg of Fe chelate cost about Bt.100 more than from WESCO but they don't the Moly,

Solubor and the reg micros.

I make up 40L of concentrate at a time of Part A, B, C, and D if I using a 4 part formula, most do 10L.

With the 40L of the concentrate you get roughly 3to4,000L of nutes depending on what EC you

need.

If you play aroun with the WESCO site, that have a "hydro" page and you can @ him,  is Eng. is

good and they are one of the largest chem/fertilizer in LOS, if you ask for a price of what you want

and how much the shipping will be, he will @ you back with prices for chems and shipping in

a few days. If you do order, that have a list of banks they recieve payment in BKK. Go to a local

branch and transfer the funds to their BKK branch and e-mail them a copy of the despot slip and

in 2/4 days you'll get a call from the local shipper that your order ready to pick up.

If you know what chems you'll be using, you should be able to use a hydro calculator, put in your ppm numbers and chem info and get your g-weights to make up your nutes Part A and B and if 

you are using a part C.  My C is all the micro's -the Fe which is in the A. If you do a 2 part, my part

C would be in the part B, the A always gets the Fe.

rice555

Thank you Rice, do I need all things you listed ?? I don't see all of it in the formula I got !!

Solubor, borax and Moly.

I think I will try to make 2000 L first and see, so I have some shopping to do and need to calculate all the amounts, not used to ppm :(

Regards Micael

16 hours ago, jmicaelk said:

Sorry forgot to ask, is PPM per liter of water which is still 1 KG/ 1 Liter so 190 PPM would be .190 grams ?? so for 2000 L I would have 380 grams ??

Regards Micael

Hello All, I don't know the math on ppm and gram weight, Scoop1 has gave me

the numbers, I just weigh and mix. If there's a problem, with some pic's here on

TV,  a few PM's and an @ or 2 and tweaking the formula or changing the EC to

get things growing right again.

The list of chem's is what it takes to make a complete formula. You don't need

Potassium Sulphate which I use in 4-Part in the fruiting of tom's, eggs and chilies.

Not in cuk's or melons. The solubor is used as the Bo, and Moly is the big Mo. 

Back in a few, rice555

I don't know if you can just swap MKP for MAP, as you show Ammonium Nitrogen 

as I use NKP, but thats why the numbers need to be crunched in a nutrient

calculator, again, I only weigh and mix, not figure numbers.

They didn't put the numbers for Calcium Nitrate on the add, but it's 15-0-0,

the rest are there. The give the % for Mn and Zn Sulphate to the

chelated in the first pic.

rice555
Manganese Sulphate 24.0 %
Zinc Sulphate 35.0 

wesco %'s.png

Edited by rice555
spelling & add word