Motorway Number 7 Future Toll Booth?

mrblook

The work on the new Toll booths looks nearly complete at the Pattaya end.

I live in Sri Racha very near the to the motorway and as of now have a convenient entry and exit point.

However it seems this is temporary and they will be blocked off in the future.

Will there be no provision for Sri Racha residents to enter and exit the No 7 in the future?

Does anyone have more details and possibly maps about all the future entry exit points?

Edited by mrblook
spelling

If there's no sign of tollbooths being built on the feeder around Surasak, then they won't be planning for direct access from 3241. I would imagine it would all be consolidated at the huge Laem Chabang interchange with 331 which is only about 4 km south of Surasak.

Indeed, as NanLaew states........either Laem Chabang or the Bang Saen interchange will gain access to the #7

But don't worry....it will take at least 4-5 months more to complete the last booths and offices.

I'm just wondering if the Panthong toll-booth will disappear (that's the booth after the Ban Bueng exit on the #7).  That means that you get a ticket in Pattaya and pay at the last booth near the airport......guess that's too easy.

asking myself the same question. Working now just off the highway near Bang Phra and the commute from Pattaya is a breeze. If they plan to close the little gaps between highway and frontage road (which they will certainly do) the commute will become a pain. Not to mention the extra costs for highway fees...

While the queue to pay in both directions can be horrible at busy times currently, for Pattaya bound traffic at least, things could improve if the payment is made closer to the actual destinations, meaning that trucks bound for Laem Chabang or earlier and traffic to Rayong and beyond is not bunched up together in the same queue to pay at Pan Thong, that's the theory anyway...

But some of the new toll booths at the exit is only a couple of booths wide! Like Bang Bueng and Chonburi some of these exits see heavy traffic in the mornings and there's the annual Chinese spring festival where every family in Bangkok visit their ancestors' grave in droves that gridlock Ban Bueng for 2 weekends in late March/April, and we know why both the Burapha Withi and the Motorway 7 is made free every Songkran and New Year's holiday is that otherwise the toll booths can not cope with that much traffic.

With the low adoption rate of the M-Pass at least you can sail through what looks like a 20-30minutes queue at the booths for now, 

Oh and with Pattaya bound traffic already bunched up at the Hwy 7 / Sukhumwit Junction with queues tailing back to where the new toll booths is already on weekends, once that toll booths is in operation, it'll be chaos.

Hope they gouge the price up a bit, that'll force some of the traffic off the highway 

• 2 months later...

anyone got an update on this

Heading to Bangkok in a couple of weeks (on motorbike) and usually take the 7 as far as Chonburi, is it still possible to exit and join the 7 at Chonburi or are these tolls now fully operational, I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the pattaya end is almost finished

any info very much appreciated thx

I wish the government would amend the traffic act to allow large displacement motorbikes (possibly 600cc and up) on toll highways, I can understand the reason for the rules being place but things have moved on considerably and there are now many large motorbikes using Thailands roads, time to revise the traffic laws and get on an even footing with Japan Malaysia Singapore and China

There is an exit gate on the Chonburi bypass, the gates are inoperational as yet so you'll be able take a motorcycle all the way from Pattaya to Chonburi like before

Once the tolls are in operation I think motorcycle might be able to use the side roads from the 36 all the way to Chonburi

A separate large capacity/power motorcycle training/licencing is sorely needed, but the way some riders of these machines already weave in and out of between lanes and filter through cars at high speed, It'll be chaos if motorcycles are on highways and expressways en mass

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

There is an exit gate on the Chonburi bypass, the gates are inoperational as yet so you'll be able take a motorcycle all the way from Pattaya to Chonburi like before

Once the tolls are in operation I think motorcycle might be able to use the side roads from the 36 all the way to Chonburi

A separate large capacity/power motorcycle training/licencing is sorely needed, but the way some riders of these machines already weave in and out of between lanes and filter through cars at high speed, It'll be chaos if motorcycles are on highways and expressways en mass

Thanks for the info

As for your last statement - I agree about training etc but for people that already have the credentials/experience which would not be en mass as you suggest I don't see an issue at all, I would feel much safer riding on a highway all the way to Bangkok than being forced to take the route 3, been riding MB's for years on motorways all over (including Thailand) including in an enforcement capacity, if the bike is easily capable of highway speeds with plenty in reserve then I see little problem with it. Thailand needs to catch up with the rest of the developed countries in Asia and continue to modernise - I think it possibly reduce accident rates as highways are much safer - yes even in Thailand, I have clocked up almost 100,000km here and having access to highways would have made my experience much safer and more expedient

I ride from to Bangkok too, On the stretch of Bangna hwy, which is the only decent way into Bangkok, it's illegal to ride motorcycle in the inside lane yet I still do anyway, same with Vibhawadhi rd in Bangkok heading north. the outside service road is too horrible. and even when you (illegally) use the main road there are trucks u-turning cutting you off

At night I managed to cheekily cut in and get on the 7 from the Airport into Bangkok a couple of time too.

When all these hwy 7 extention become fully tolled road, motorcycle to Pattaya and Rayong will become much more difficult

All the motorcycle brands now sell 'big' motorcycle, the manufacturers should get together to lobby for a change in law

52 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

@smedly Sorry off topic but whats the best route via big bike from bangkok to pattaya? Just highway 7 from Bang Na to Pattaya? 

A (big) bike from Bangkok to Pattaya?

That would be the #3 or Sukhumvit; no chance of using the actual tolled Motorway since you're not allowed there. 

2 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

@smedly Sorry off topic but whats the best route via big bike from bangkok to pattaya? Just highway 7 from Bang Na to Pattaya? 

until the tolls are operating then the 3 which runs under the elevated highway 7 until Chonburi then the none  elevated continuation of the 7 via the chonburi bypass - once the tolls are functioning then you will not be allowed to use the 7 from Chonburi - which is the purpose of this thread

PS - they have the worst road naming system on the planet

41 minutes ago, digbeth said:

The elevated expressway is called the Buraphawithi, not the 7

The 7 is the bit from Airport to Chonburi and now to Pattaya

have you looked on a map, it says HW7 all the way to HW9

like I said above - the most confusing name system on the planet

4 hours ago, smedly said:

The elevated highway doesn't connect to HW 9. Elevated Highway and HW7 are 2 different roads.

12 hours ago, smedly said:

Digbeth is right. 

The elevated highway covers BangNa-Trat Highway and officially called Burapawithi Expressway, but on traffic signs you will see BangNa - Trat Motorway......whereby the Highway is the lower part (no toll) and the Motorway the upper part (toll).

Just noticed on the map....."BangNa - Chonburi Expy"

Edited by joepattaya1961

Excuse my ignorance but it'll be my first trip and my starting point is somewhere around Crystal Design Center or lets say Lad Prao in Bangkok. 

If I am not wrong, I should drive to from Lad Prao, to the Bang Na Trat Highway, then follow the signs to Chonburi. 

When in Chonburi look for the 7 to Pattaya and should arrive in Pattaya? 

I have done it a million times by car and it's the easiest way ever, just the 7 all the way from Bangkok to Pattaya.. basically going straight, but will be the first time on a big bike.. A brand new one, which I never rode before. 

Will be quite the experience. 

Anyone knows if you can turn off tollways and such on Google Maps on any other Map Apps for your phone in case I get lost? 

3 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

Excuse my ignorance but it'll be my first trip and my starting point is somewhere around Crystal Design Center or lets say Lad Prao in Bangkok. 

If I am not wrong, I should drive to from Lad Prao, to the Bang Na Trat Highway, then follow the signs to Chonburi. 

I have done it a million times by car and it's the easiest way ever, just the 7 all the way from Bangkok to Pattaya.. basically going straight, but will be the first time on a big bike.. A brand new one, which I never rode before. 

Anyone knows if you can turn off tollways and such on Google Maps on any other Map Apps for your phone in case I get lost? 

Done this many, many times.

You will be riding under the expressway on the Bang-Na Trat. The elevated expressway finishes around Amata Nakorn.

A few kilometres after that you need to get on to the frontage road. It is very well signposted. The frontage road will fork off left and become the 361, Chonburi bypass. Just follow that. Eventually it merges with the 7 which will take you all the way to Pattaya. You can use this section of the 7 at the moment because the tolls are not operational. Some time in 2017, that will come to an end.

There is no need to go through Chonburi City. Use the bypass.

anyone got an update on this

Heading to Bangkok in a couple of weeks (on motorbike) and usually take the 7 as far as Chonburi, is it still possible to exit and join the 7 at Chonburi or are these tolls now fully operational, I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the pattaya end is almost finished

any info very much appreciated thx

I wish the government would amend the traffic act to allow large displacement motorbikes (possibly 600cc and up) on toll highways, I can understand the reason for the rules being place but things have moved on considerably and there are now many large motorbikes using Thailands roads, time to revise the traffic laws and get on an even footing with Japan Malaysia Singapore and China

By the sri racha turn off there are signs stating no Motorbikes and a hefty fine

Not sure weather in force yet

From CDC head towards town at the flyover turn left on lad proaw rd.
Turn right just after the mall keep straight when you come out the underpass keep left and then bear left you'll see bang na elevated in front turn left and follow that .

Sign posted after there

Good luck

24 minutes ago, Apiwan2 said:

By the sri racha turn off there are signs stating no Motorbikes and a hefty fine

Not sure weather in force yet

Absolutely not in force. Just keep ignoring those "No Motorbike" signs for the time being between Pattaya and beyond Bang Phra and also on the Laem Chabang Bypass.