The race thing!

RyanLondonUK

I apologise in advance if I offend anyone. It is not my intention. I just wanted air something and get some opinions.

I joined AirBnB, and sent emails to a few landlords, who were Russian. They all flatly refused or declined to engage me in conversation and said their property was not available. The Thai's and other people (Europeans etc) said it was available and engaged me in conversation. If it was one, I would think, okay. If it was 2, then I would think maybe bad luck, but 3 out of 3, I think, am I not getting something (is there something I should know?). I know, or I am fairly confident all the places that the Russian landlords advertised as available  were available to rent. And they all speak English, as they sent an email saying they have declined my request, in excellent English. 

Tell me if I am reading too much into this, or being over sensitive. But if I am not, I would like to know, as they say knowledge is power, or something like that. I normally go with my gut instinct on most things, and its very often wrong. But I am human, I think ;)

I live and work in London, and I have had many client who are Russian, as there is growing Russian population in London. But at the end of the day they are just customers, and thats how I know most of them. I know in Russia things may be a bit different, in terms of how different nations or races are viewed and treated. But maybe I assumed wrong, but I would have assumed, a well travelled person from any country, would know business is business, and used people from everywhere. 

I repeat again, I do not mean to cause offence. If you are Russian, you are welcome to educate me and my misunderstanding or understanding. Thank you.

Archived