Six Family Members Die After Car Accident on Chiang Mai – Lampang Road

webfact

Six Family Members Die After Car Accident on Chiang Mai – Lampang Road

by CityNews

car-crash-lamphun-1200x900.jpg

CityNews – Six people have died after their car hit a tree on the roadside near Lamphun on the morning of October 8.

The pickup truck, seating four in the cab and two in the back, crashed head on with a tree that was on the side of the road in the Lamphun area. When rescue services arrived, they found four people dead at the scene with another two critically injured.

The injured people were taken to the local hospital but later died from their injuries.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/six-family-members-die-after-car-accident-on-chiang-mai-lampang-road/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2016-10-11

You have to ask yourself if there is a fundamental flaw in the psyche of Thais'. These types of incidents occur each and everyday, on a scale not seen anywhere in the world, bar Libya, They are also published for all to know - yet, day in, day out, you see some of the most brainless, inanity, out right stupidity, some almost beyond belief. 

Not only killing themselves, but also their own family members, women, children, babies etc. How is it possible or credible to understand that such moronic, erratic behavior from  - supposed adults. 

2 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Check his mobile phone log to see if he was using his phone at the time 

Check Electronic Control Modules (ECM) for possible Event Data Recorder function that would show over time vehicle speed, engine speed, percent throttle and brake circuit switch status.

1 hour ago, nipper240 said:

You have to ask yourself if there is a fundamental flaw in the psyche of Thais'. These types of incidents occur each and everyday, on a scale not seen anywhere in the world, bar Libya, They are also published for all to know - yet, day in, day out, you see some of the most brainless, inanity, out right stupidity, some almost beyond belief. 

Not only killing themselves, but also their own family members, women, children, babies etc. How is it possible or credible to understand that such moronic, erratic behavior from  - supposed adults. 

No need to preach to the converted I use a crosswalk 4 or 5 times a week. 

1 hour ago, nipper240 said:

A belief in reincarnation ? 

7 hours ago, patekatek said:

Unbelievable destruction.  After seeing something like this, I'm almost afraid to drive my Toyota 4 door pickup for fear it won't hold up in an accident.

What a waste of lives.

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

For that much damage, the driver definitely had the "pedal to the metal". 

1 hour ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...so do they have no crash safety standards in Thailand....???

...does it just have to .....'look like a car'......???

....horrible.....

That's what all vehicles look like when the victims have been cut out of a vehicle by the rescue services, it's nothing to do with safety standards or build quality.  Sorry to disappoint Sotirios.

21 hours ago, patekatek said:

Unbelievable destruction.  After seeing something like this, I'm almost afraid to drive my Toyota 4 door pickup for fear it won't hold up in an accident.

What a waste of lives.

By the extent of the damage, I would say the guy was flying at a high speed.

Normal here to test dead drivers for alcohol and drugs?  Or maybe he fell asleep in the early morning, rather like that girl who hit the bicyclists a year ago.

May sound strange but i do feel for the trees along the road.  They are truly lovely giants of the earth but when interfering with the almighty motor car and the 'need for speed', their (the trees) are in mortal danger from the road makers.  I would hate to see them get chopped down. 

yeah there was speeding.... but if there are trees everywhere you need to adjust for that.. eh?  that's not speeding... to me "sleepy" or "drunk" doesn't do it... it has to be totally mindless driving....so much so that it is shocking even after seeing many of these.  no aversion from the tree or it was not possible to avert at all.  you always have to have an out.... or you don't drive like that.  but others will just go... oh they were going too fast.. and maybe in that situation even 25 is too fast.... but the real story is you always have to have an out.. or you don't drive like that... and no posted speed or habit ***tells*** you what ***that*** number is... okay okay okay....  unless you are sleepy or drunk or severely distracted in which case it is 0 but in this story that was the tree's speed, not the truck's.

Edited by maewang99

I just drove up the lamphang road and then on up the 107 today and i saw 3 newish pickup trucks that had gone off the road and into trees with massive damage to all of them. It had rained hard overnight and there was water run off on the mountain bends, which id noticed and adjusted my fast driving to take account of the possibility of skidding on the wet. I didnt crash.

.......what their excuse for crashing was..... ?

I wonder if he was forced off the road by a vehicle overtaking another one comng from the opposite direction. The pickup driver tried to avoid it by mounting the verge and was just unfortunate that there happened to be a tree at that spot.

On 10/11/2016 at 3:47 PM, hobobo said:

This guy was obviously after some land speed record. Shame about the passengers though!

Did it say the driver was a man? I didn't read the main article, but something I have noticed a lot recently with very bad drivers is after drawing up at the lights or passing them the majority are women. Actions I have thought were aggressive seemed to turn out to be just ignorance, lack of concentration, phone usage, or just plain scattiness...

• 2 weeks later...
Did it say the driver was a man? I didn't read the main article, but something I have noticed a lot recently with very bad drivers is after drawing up at the lights or passing them the majority are women. Actions I have thought were aggressive seemed to turn out to be just ignorance, lack of concentration, phone usage, or just plain scattiness...

Names in the article. Man driving.

On 10/12/2016 at 7:31 AM, tomyumchai said:

I just drove up the lamphang road and then on up the 107 today and i saw 3 newish pickup trucks that had gone off the road and into trees with massive damage to all of them. It had rained hard overnight and there was water run off on the mountain bends, which id noticed and adjusted my fast driving to take account of the possibility of skidding on the wet. I didnt crash.

.......what their excuse for crashing was..... ?

Yeah, they don't drive with any sense at all.  They typically drive at whatever speed gets them up close to the vehicle in front of them, then they slow down.  I grew up in New England in the USA and am very familiar with rain, snow, sleet, etc.  Now I work in Sunny California and I shudder as I watch the people here drive with zero margin for error, and hundreds of car accidents.  So needless as the driving conditions are just about perfect.  Then the days with a drop of rain and voila, thousands of "accidents".  Mindless and stupid