webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Dogs in 7/11 stores are just the tip of an extremely unsanitary iceberg.

Be aware of the dogs " smuggled " into the Tesco Lotus Food Halls, and the street food seller who has been carting her dog around all day sitting on the preparation table for her food.

If you question these people the inevitable response will be " my dog is a clean dog mister - so whats your problem ? "

My particular problem is that these so called clean dogs have been licking their balls all day on a food preparation table 

Gross

i have witnessed similar disgusting scenes and walked away from such outlets. I have seen them play with the pets and then continue with food preparation for the customers with wishing their hands at all.

4 minutes ago, sahibji said:

Morakat you are right. there is an angle of feeding the dogs as doing good Karma.

Religion, its followers in particular, often do more harm than good.  In the case of "karma", exacerbating the soi dog problem, for their own personal/selfish gain.   Then again, they don't see soi dogs as "problems", so there is no problem to exacerbate.  :thumbsup:

Edited by 55Jay

5 hours ago, seajae said:

removed and destroyed, do they honestly expect people to believe that when they will sell out of date items so they dont lose any profits. Dogs should not be allowed inside any shop especially one that sells food, just goes to show the arrogance and lack of respect the dog owner has for everyone else. I actually walked out of one of our favourite restuarants last year and havent been back since after seeing people sitting at a table with their dog and it was licking the plates and they were all laughing about it. I have always had dogs but would never allow them to go into any shop let alone lick the produce, there are limits with animals and allowing them to lick anything/one after they have been licking their own ar*e is not a really good idea.

agree with you.

For all the open drains, dog's everywhere, smelly creeks, alley cats and often piles of garbage tossed around by said dogs, Thais seem to be a pretty healthy lot. Having been in the food business for some time I can say in the west the regulations are often way over the top and very expensive with costs only to be passed on to the customer.  Use by dates are great for the marketeers and a boon to dumpster divers who never seem to get sick after literally eating garbage! Someone once said you have been in Thailand a long time when you see a rat running out of a restaurant you go in anyway. But I agree . NO DOGS IN 7/11.

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

What an over reaction! The dog was just licking off the bacteria growing from the unrefrigerated eggs..all the other items have wrappers, just like skin acting as a barrier...

thank god no one saw the soi dogs in the back pissing on the unattended food crates waiting in the sun as the delivery man takes a leak. I wonder if he washed his hands before handling the food crates again?

get real guys...much worse things are happening to your food items that you don't see....

one should much more concern about proper cleaning and disinfectant procedures than whose licking a plate. Hot water is rarely used here in restaurants noodle shops and unfortunately at home. How many homes here have dishwashers or kitchen sink hot water? Those are the questions one should be asking....

what you do not see is something you can do nothing  about. it is  situation that you witness that leaves the impression. as i mentioned elsewhere i have walked away from situations where I witnessed food handlers also sharing their love for their pets simultaneously.

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

They also buy food/bread which is presented totally open in the bakery or foodmarket. I've seen people sneezing over it, touching it and putting it back and what not. Also soidogs/cats are allowed to lick food on the markets or go into shops. They even might have rabies.

just preposterous but i  believe you as you must have witnessed such incidents

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

What an over reaction! The dog was just licking off the bacteria growing from the unrefrigerated eggs..all the other items have wrappers, just like skin acting as a barrier...

thank god no one saw the soi dogs in the back pissing on the unattended food crates waiting in the sun as the delivery man takes a leak. I wonder if he washed his hands before handling the food crates again?

get real guys...much worse things are happening to your food items that you don't see....

one should much more concern about proper cleaning and disinfectant procedures than whose licking a plate. Hot water is rarely used here in restaurants noodle shops and unfortunately at home. How many homes here have dishwashers or kitchen sink hot water? Those are the questions one should be asking....

No one is saying everything's perfect,but if we illuminate what we can we reduce any chances of infections/contaminations.
as for packaging being a protection to the food inside your correct, but how many people wear gloves when opening a contaminated package & remove the food with tongs before eating?

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

Rorri those are well trained and disciplined dogs who will not sniff food items.  That is THE great difference.

sahibji, my comment as in fact towards the dog, in 7-11, licking products, not the better trained dogs.

4 hours ago, hdkane said:

Let's keep in mind that the owner is Thai...a Thai man...entitled...selfish...blissfully arrogant...the problem isn't the dog...it is the owner...the dog is merely behaving as a dog would, that did not have proper training...

I''m a dog owner myself, and I walk everywhere with my pet...and I'm a bit unsettled at how Thais routinely fail to train their dogs...but I have learned not to expect much in the way of responsibility from Thais...they are usually easy going, but not responsible...

4 hours ago, Gainsbourg said:

Thai woman. Some people also need proper training to read articles ?

Come on... let the poor sod enjoy his bigotry...

I recently saw a woman shopping in a Tops supermarket in Bangkok and she had a small dog in her shopping trolley admittedly the dog couldn't get at anything on the shelves or fridges and she paid for the groceries in the trolley beside the dog. No objections from any staff. Guide dogs for the blind and assist animals should be the only exceptions, but then again these animals are better trained than most humans.

By law the owner of the dog has to pay for all the food. Im sure its enough incentive to leave the filth outside. If someone actually enforced a law. Soi dogs arent spozd to roam around. But this is thailand and they seem to run the show.

Its gross. Nothing cute about rabbies, tics, flees, worms and so on. 

6 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

This the the correct place for 7/11 dogs!

1415611829193.jpg

All these dogs should be destroyed. 2 weeks ago in BKK 7-11 dog bit a man who fed him... Man died few days later rabies.. Or the 5 yr old kid attacked and killed by street dog.. This is a big pro em here... Los 

7 hours ago, johng said:

The ones with rabies ????      the soi dog lovers will be along shortly  to point out that  dogs where here before us, are completely harmless never attack anyone and if we don't like it go home.

what about the Thai people who are already home maybe they will at long last do something about the  dog problem ?

Well thank the baby jesus it wasnt a black dog cos then the forum ethnic protector would be in calling everyone a racist...... again.

7 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

This the the correct place for 7/11 dogs!

1415611829193.jpg

I know that Thais take and leave their dogs at the Wats in Thailand when they do not want they. I did not know that they also took them to 7/11 stores for the cool breeze that comes out the doors.

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

A friend of mine once saw a dog licking his own balls and said "I wish I could do that".

So I said: "The owner's over there. Why don't you ask him?"

I think you should grab your coat on the way out Sir!