Thai police release models of two possible car bombs

webfact

Police release models of two possible car bombs

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

538029.jpg

Police on Monday release photos of the two vehicles militants are converting into car bombs. Images: Royal Thai Police

BANGKOK — Police on Tuesday extended warnings of car bomb plots to upper southern provinces, a day after it emerged that armed militants were planning to strike at several targets in Bangkok’s southwestern suburb, including Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Police also released photos and details of two vehicles reportedly being weaponized for such attacks. The operation is allegedly being plotted by the same insurgent group based in the far south, who carried out a series of bomb and arson attacks across seven southern provinces in August, according to a police commander of the restive region.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/10/11/police-release-models-two-possible-car-bombs/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-10-11

“We’ve been trying to find it for a month now,” Ronnasilp said. “But in the end we didn’t find it. So the car won’t be used [as a transport] by the militants again. The next time it’s on the street, it will be a car bomb.”

Yep, that sounds conclusive...

Don't think for a moment that the Mothers Day blasts were 'organised' by Southern Militants. Rather, an offshoot likely contracted to make it appear a BRN or Southern Militant op. Previous Samui mall and Erawan blasts also look extremely suspect. Rank and file 'red tomato' police always go for a simple deflecting patsy.

Now, with a long dreaded transition looming as well as a big money confiscation looming, someone has at least 35.7 billion reasons and a last chance opportunity to pull out all the stops

Recommend all look out for signs of a prominent desert desperado's family & relatives  jetting off on sudden overseas shopping trips again... Meanwhile, would also recommend avoiding high traffic areas and popular tourist venues.

12 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

The first car looks like a Honda civic sedan from 2003-5
The second SUV is a Mitsubishi Triton from 2006-8

A Honda Accord and Mitsubishi Triton. That narrows it down and shouldn't make it too hard for the police to find. It is advised for Burmese and Uyghuran males not to be seen driving these types of vehicles over the next few weeks as it could be bad for their future health.

A Honda Accord and Mitsubishi Triton. That narrows it down and shouldn't make it too hard for the police to find. It is advised for Burmese and Uyghuran males not to be seen driving these types of vehicles over the next few weeks as it could be bad for their future health.

Those number plates are real

1563 - Honda Accord

3597 - Mitsubishi Triton

42 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

The first car looks like a Honda civic sedan from 2003-5
The second SUV is a Mitsubishi Triton from 2006-8

Who cares, just think a little, how the hell would the RTP know what cars are being used, if the did, they'd know where they are, and who the "bombers" are... So, my guess is, they have no idea what cars are being used, or who  the "bombers" are. Like many things here, fake.

The whole story about this possible event seems silly to me. These cars models make it even more ridiculous. And although BKK would be a great target for some international terrorist group I just don't think it would be a needed target for these folks to make a larger statement about their problems in the south. The south is about land and rights for them. Islam may have some role in that too but its more about their 'homeland'. Well that's how I see.

1 hour ago, sujoop said:

Don't think for a moment that the Mothers Day blasts were 'organised' by Southern Militants. Rather, an offshoot likely contracted to make it appear a BRN or Southern Militant op. Previous Samui mall and Erawan blasts also look extremely suspect. Rank and file 'red tomato' police always go for a simple deflecting patsy.

Now, with a long dreaded transition looming as well as a big money confiscation looming, someone has at least 35.7 billion reasons and a last chance opportunity to pull out all the stops

Recommend all look out for signs of a prominent desert desperado's family & relatives  jetting off on sudden overseas shopping trips again... Meanwhile, would also recommend avoiding high traffic areas and popular tourist venues.

Recommend you see a doctor about your obsession.

Even the Junta is finally acknowledging the reality.

16 hours ago, Alive said:

The whole story about this possible event seems silly to me. These cars models make it even more ridiculous. And although BKK would be a great target for some international terrorist group I just don't think it would be a needed target for these folks to make a larger statement about their problems in the south. The south is about land and rights for them. Islam may have some role in that too but its more about their 'homeland'. Well that's how I see.

perhaps it is best to leave religion out of the equation until some data indicates otherwise.

19 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Sounds like just someones fantasy. Here are the 2 cars, they are being fitted out as bombs but we have no idea where they are.

The bombers may even get really smart and totally baffle the RTP by changing the number plates.

Or changing cars?

It seems to me that one of the biggest problems is the authorities in this country continue to lead with their chins, and signal their shots, sure fired way to loose the fight.

Most other intelligence agencies around the world don't signal their punches for the sake of publicity, they just do the job and then release details when the arrests are made. Pretty bloody hopeless this lot me thinks.