CM petrol stations and car wash

baywatch82

Hi !

Recently changed from motorbike to car. When I used to re-fill my motorbike, I have never bothered about what petrol station I use.

With a car is different story, as full tan costs 10 x more, and quality of the petrol makes a difference to me.

My questions are :

1. Which station (brand) have good reputation for quality ? My car is diesel engine.

2. Is it possible to pay at the station with credit card ? Which station ?
3. Which station (brand) have good membership / payback / points program ?

4. Which car wash would you recommend for expensive car ? What is average charge for good wash outside only ?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Replying to the car wash question only...

I've had experience with many here over the years and if I was you I'd forget the petrol stations and check-out the place in Nong Hoi.

It is located on a soi off the CM-Lamphun Rd. at the intersection opposite the Holiday Inn.

They do an excellent job - inside and outside for 120 baht [I include a 30 baht tip].

Very good service and courteous people to deal with.

Probably (open to disagreement from everyone else} the best and cleanest diesel is Shell V-Power.  If you travel around the country you will find that PTT has put a lot of money into renewing and standardising their stations.   On  major routes,  fuel stations  will probably have fresh fuel, minor stations out in the sticks may have old stock.

Always found Chevron/Caltex to be the cleanest burning fuel...There's enough for travel use throughout the country but they are not as plentiful or easy as PTT....Have also found the tankful goes further with Caltex.....

The one close to airport plaza has a car wash that is good & always busy....

All of the majors take CC's.....I'm not sure about the programs, if any....My CC's charge for international purchases so I just pay cash....Also less chance of a skim along the road - most majors do have a dedicated cashier......

Wouldn't trust most of the small dilapidated stations unless absolute need puts you there.....

Edited by pgrahmm

PTT have a loyalty card which we have been using for a couple of months now. We probably dont use it enough to accrue any useful freebies. PTT always seem clean and efficient to me, but that is purely anecdotal. As for car washes, I dont know of any zooped up ones for performance cars, but there are several down CM-Lamphun rd as mentioned above that do a range of packages from 120-200B. Hope that helps

On 13/10/2016 at 0:39 AM, MadMac said:

If you drive a diesel, oil is oil. Shell V power is a scam. Simple as that.

All fuel is fuel, comes out of the same refinery but then different companies put in their own additives or not as the case maybe for budget sellers.

20 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

PTT have a loyalty card which we have been using for a couple of months now. We probably dont use it enough to accrue any useful freebies. PTT always seem clean and efficient to me, but that is purely anecdotal. As for car washes, I dont know of any zooped up ones for performance cars, but there are several down CM-Lamphun rd as mentioned above that do a range of packages from 120-200B. Hope that helps

Perfect Spa car wash near to Nic's Restaurant on the road between Hang Dong Rd and the Night Safari do a decent job. Buy  a book of 10 tickets for wash and vacuum,its 1,000 b ie 100 baht a time.They do waxes ,depending on quality from 200 baht from memory. We used to just do our own wash but then decided buying a decent vaccum cleaner was more expensive that using someone elses. Nice coffee shop/cafe next door,maximum waiting time has never been more than 45 minutes,usually 4 guys on the job