Kim Kardashian West sues over claims she faked robbery

webfact

Kim Kardashian West sues over claims she faked robbery

LOS ANGELES: -- US reality TV star Kim Kardashian West is suing a celebrity gossip website for claiming that she faked being the victim of a robbery in Paris last week.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for defamation and names both the site, MediaTakeout, and its founder, Fred Mwangaguhunga.

The star was tied up by gun-wielding robbers who broke into a Paris flat earlier this month, police say.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37627482

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-12

Kim Kardashian West sues online media outlet for libel 
LARRY NEUMEISTER, Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Kim Kardashian West sued an online media outlet for libel Tuesday, saying she was wrongly portrayed as a liar and thief after she was attacked in Paris.

The lawsuit in Manhattan federal court seeks unspecified damages from MediaTakeOut.com. It said Kardashian West, traumatized by the Oct. 3 armed robbery, was victimized a second time when the website reported hours afterward that she faked the robbery and lied about the assault.

The website's owner, Fred Mwangaguhunga, didn't answer his phone when comment was sought Tuesday. A message left with the website wasn't immediately returned.

Police said armed robbers forced their way into a private residence where the reality TV star was staying, tied her up and stole $10 million worth of jewelry. She was in Paris for fashion week.

No arrests have been made.

The lawsuit said the website lacked any factual support when it published a series of articles referring to her as a liar and a thief and alleged that she faked the robbery, lied about the violent assault and filed a fraudulent claim with her insurance company to cheat her carrier out of millions of dollars.

The lawsuit said the "malicious publication of the articles, which paint the victim of a serious crime as a criminal herself, is libelous."

The website also ignored her demand that it publish a retraction and apology for calling her a liar and a criminal, the lawsuit said.

According to the lawsuit, Kardashian was assaulted and robbed by two masked men who put a gun to her head, duct-taped her hands, legs and mouth, and left her lying helplessly on the bathroom floor while they left with the jewelry.

After the attack, her husband, Kanye West, abruptly ended his New York concert, announcing that he had a family emergency.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-10-12

The Kardashians are desperate. Their whole life-style is paid by their show KUWTK. It's now old hat, losing viewers and they don't actually have any family members that actually have a skill except for the art of self-promotion.

She probably didn't stage it, but, it's worth noting that isn't really hard to believe otherwise. Publicity is the oxygen that these talentless people need to survive.

I can see that she has been a clever marketer of herself. That she is actually of the remotest interest to anyone is a sad reflection of our times and perhaps an indictment of the shallowness of modern society and the intellectual rigor of our education system.

Sounded like an insurance job from the very beginning. A way over the top Hollywood style robbery. If it was real then it was an inside job. I heard her personal security guard is up to his eyeballs in debt. Just smells all bad this story.

1 hour ago, coma said:

Sounded like an insurance job from the very beginning. A way over the top Hollywood style robbery. If it was real then it was an inside job. I heard her personal security guard is up to his eyeballs in debt. Just smells all bad this story.

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The Kardashians are desperate. Their whole life-style is paid by their show KUWTK. It's now old hat, losing viewers and they don't actually have any family members that actually have a skill except for the art of self-promotion.

She probably didn't stage it, but, it's worth noting that isn't really hard to believe otherwise. Publicity is the oxygen that these talentless people need to survive.

As a family, they make way over 100 million/ year. I don't think they would need to stage a robbery !

They also employee many people. And there products are made in factories which employee 100 "s of people.

What have you done lately ?

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Publicity is the oxygen that these talentless people need to survive.

One of the many reasons. The publicity alone is worth the price and priceless. She now has the vapors and must postpone filming of the "reality" show 

1. Staged? hmm maybe

2. Did some guy flash her with an open coat lined with her jewelry at a 75% discount? hmm maybe

3. Did she pad the insurance bill a bit? hmm maybe

4. Did she sit in the bushes waiting for some sucker magazine to do exactly as the one listed in this topic and sue them? hmm maybe

They ain't rich because they are stupid. 

23 minutes ago, bark said:

As a family, they make way over 100 million/ year. I don't think they would need to stage a robbery !

They also employee many people. And there products are made in factories which employee 100 "s of people.

What have you done lately ?

Obviously not keeping up with the Kardashians as you obviously do.

17 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Obviously not keeping up with the Kardashians as you obviously do.

Famous people on internet. That make millions of dollars.

I just want to let you know; you do not know what you are talking about.

7 minutes ago, bark said:

Famous people on internet. That make millions of dollars.

I just want to let you know; you do not know what you are talking about.

Which you seem to know a lot about. Far too much for any ordinary person.

Tell me.......are you a teenager?

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Which you seem to know a lot about. Far too much for any ordinary person.

Tell me.......are you a teenager?

I think that everyone on Thai Visa, has heard of them. And knows they are worth millions of dollars.

Even you. As you used the shows name in first quote.

Done with you.