Mt-09 or Mt-10

speedtripler

im thinking about buying either the 9 or the 10 soon 

new or nearly new will be fine 

i think the 10 would be more power than i would  need/use but can imagine the  fun already .....

is there any owners here  with experience of either model and their sparse  dealer and service network ?

TBH, I think a naked bike like Honda's Hornet 600 would be better, because of its lower weight. Top speed will be irrelevant, won't it? 

I have had a lot of fun on 250 cc bikes like the Kawasaki Z-250 and the Honda CRF 250 enduro. YMMV, but I was not happy with my heavy  liter bike over here!

Depends on what kind of riding you will be doing.

The MT09 is good for commuting and trips, in general a good overall bike.

As you said, the MT10 might have a little bit too much power for Thailand, and especially Bangkok.

Unless you want to take it to the track :smile:

I was also looking at the MT-10 but at 620k it's a bit overpriced IMO and it's quite a big heavy bike.

So now I'm looking at the 2017 MT09. It's updated from the 2016 and will have a Quickshifter and slipper clutch, plus a new face and tail. Yamaha couldn't tell me the price of the 2017 but in other markets it's around 10,000 Baht more than the 2016 so I'm guessing an increase from 410k to 420k Baht. 

I went to the showroom on Kaset Nawamin at the weekend and they'll call me when they get more details of the 2017. They said available early next year, I guess February or March. That new showroom is big and looks well run, close to me as well. 

the hornet 600 is the perfect choice as you will feel a gentle breeze under your skirt !

the MT10 has maps, so you can limit the power for the ladies to ride and as for us men, THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR POWER !

if you commute in Bangkok you can simply change the engine map, so when you decide to go for a ride to chiang mai and back you simply crank it up and go.

I think it depends on your physical size, if you are 4'2" tall buy a scooter , however if you can comfortably handle the weight, buy the MT10.

Archived