60 day extention based on marriage

I will be entering Thailand on a single entry non immigrant O visa(90 days) and want to get a 60 day extention of stay based on marriage,

1.What do i need to take with me to immigration as in documents etc ?

2.Which immigration office in Chiang Mai will i need to go to,Airport or Promenada?

3.Can i go at any time during my first 90 days or on the date of my visa expiring?

Cheers in advance of any relevant information

1. Your wife will need to be with you when you apply.You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

If you have not done a TM30 form yet that will need to be done prior to doing the application. You will need proof of residence.

2. You will do it at the airport office.

3. You can apply for the extension during the last  couple of week of your 90 day entry from the visa.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crudski said:

Cheers for that ubonjoe

Proof of residence,i take it that means a residence certificate

TM30 i've  never applied for one before,is that also done at the airport office?

Proof of residence would be a rental agreement with signed copies the owners house book and ID card. If living where your wife's house book is for that would be accepted. 

Download the TM30 form here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

• Like 1