Red Arrows and Flying Tiger at CNX today.

CNXBKKMAN

Did anyone notice the Red Arrows departing Chiang Mai this morning or arriving the the day before? It surprised me and then i remembered they are starting an asian tour and will do a full display at Hua Hin next month. 

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/displays/asiapacificmiddleeasttour2016.cfm

Whilst the Red Arrows were heading south and a world war two vintage C47 (DC3) was heading up to Chiang Mai on a historic flight from Bankstown Australia to Guilin China. Recreating the supply flights for the Flying Tigers in China. 

http://www.flyingthehump.com

I saw that  DC3 today as it flew over Hang Dong on towards the airport, oh about noon.  Impressively slow but lovely none the less.  

I flew in a DC3 once, many years ago in PapuaNewGuinea and remember the thrill.

11 hours ago, MESmith said:

About 10 o'clock this morning, on Suthep road, saw 4 waves of 3 red fighters fly north from airport.  Looked like the Red Arrows, but I thought surely not!  I thought they only had 9 planes.  3 spares?

Every time theve come to the Isle of Man they have had 10 planes. And the recent documentary also only showed 10 planes. They have flown with 8 before due to mechanicals..so don't know where the 12 would come from.. Maybe because far from home they have brought spares and stand in pilots who knows !!?? 

• 4 weeks later...
About 10 o'clock this morning, on Suthep road, saw 4 waves of 3 red fighters fly north from airport.  Looked like the Red Arrows, but I thought surely not!  I thought they only had 9 planes.  3 spares?

They got held up in Emigration. Hadn't filled in TM card correctly.[emoji574]️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Mickeem said:

Just seen the Red Arrows taking off from CNX are they doing a show or just stopping off ?

I thought they were supposed to be in Hua Hin today doing a show or was that yesterday?  Their schedule does change if the weather conditions are not suitable so it may have been cancelled? No show in Chiang Mai but they do use CM as a stopping off point when they are enroute to or from Bangladesh or India. 

I know they're in Bahrain in the next week or so because I've been invited to some Embassy jolly there and they're doing a flypast.

Trade and Industry and all that.

I might actually go, it's free piss at the taxpayers expense.

On 11/10/2016 at 9:12 AM, BoonToong said:

What the hell is a UK asset like that doing in SE Asia? Waste of money.

Bloody crab pilots and about 300 support crew will be taking up all the best hotels

and!

On 11/10/2016 at 0:12 PM, BoonToong said:

What the hell is a UK asset like that doing in SE Asia? Waste of money.

Bloody crab pilots and about 300 support crew will be taking up all the best hotels

One can only assume that you're a jealous pongo.

Archived