New State Pension Change

Johnniey

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Totally disingenuous to effectively complain about getting less state pension when the reason you (you meaning anyone who contracted out [I have no idea if you personally did or not, nor do I wish to know]) are getting less is because you have been paying into a different pension, and so will be getting more than if you had not decided to pay a reduced amount into the state one.

The other pension is not a potential one. It is actual.

if it did not exist you would not have been able to contract out.

When you decided to contract out you were told that your state pension would be lower. You made the choice (whether it was a good choice or not it was an informed one)

Incorrect - I did not "effectively complain" - I also did not actually say I had contracted out............

I made an observation based on your comments and of which there have been numerous articles especially as said articles point out that even the people doing the calculations cannot easily explain them.......

I suggest It is more disingenuous to make a blanket statement about amounts you will receive (as you did) when they will vary significantly depending on individual circumstances - and that is all I was pointing out - caveat emptor as it were.

22 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I got a letter from them in 2014 saying I now had enough contributions for a full  pension. Have they moved goalposts again?

Must be  8 years ago  I wrote my yearly  HMRC asking how much  I owe  them  for the year to bring my class 2  up to date  ,for my full  uk pension ,they wrote back say  that  I have being paying in for 35 years  and have paid enough .

I had being paying class 2  for a few years before , they never said  at 30 years that is enough .

I go back to the uk about every 2 years  ,one job is to phone up HMRC  to check that  they have not moved the goal posts  again .

20 hours ago, kickstart said:

Must be  8 years ago  I wrote my yearly  HMRC asking how much  I owe  them  for the year to bring my class 2  up to date  ,for my full  uk pension ,they wrote back say  that  I have being paying in for 35 years  and have paid enough .

I had being paying class 2  for a few years before , they never said  at 30 years that is enough .

I go back to the uk about every 2 years  ,one job is to phone up HMRC  to check that  they have not moved the goal posts  again .

HMRC will never tell you to stop paying. It is entirely up to you to decide when to stop (assuming that you are making voluntarily payments)

21 hours ago, topt said:

Incorrect - I did not "effectively complain" - I also did not actually say I had contracted out............

I made an observation based on your comments and of which there have been numerous articles especially as said articles point out that even the people doing the calculations cannot easily explain them.......

I suggest It is more disingenuous to make a blanket statement about amounts you will receive (as you did) when they will vary significantly depending on individual circumstances - and that is all I was pointing out - caveat emptor as it were.

The blanket statement that any one who has enough qualifying years to get a full state pension contracted out or not will get a pension or pensions that will at a minimum be at the at the level of the state pension has yet to be shown to be other than correct.

if you would like to provide an example of someone who is or will get a reduced state pension because of being contracted out who does not or will not get another pension/pensions that at least provides the same or better than the state pension. I will be very interested.

you should have noted that I made no assumptions relating to your circumstances, in fact I specifically did not address you personally.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2559 at 6:49 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

HMRC will never tell you to stop paying. It is entirely up to you to decide when to stop (assuming that you are making voluntarily payments)

As I said  last  week   HMRC said you have payed  enough ,I said if I  keep on paying  will I get any more ,or any other benefits ,they said  it will help with your widow's pension ,as my wife is Thai  she could never get into there system ,and now  since April ,she can not get anything  anyway .

So  I did a  Pension  forecast statement ,which said at  this  time  I will get the full 155 GBP,I will not actually  get any pension  for another  4 1/2 years

Archived