First Calais ‘Jungle’ camp children arrive in UK

webfact

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Home office documents show that 65% of the supposedly children were found to be over 18. Sought of  throws the whole concept of moral duty out of the window doesn't it?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/722698/Two-thirds-of-child-refugees-coming-into-Britain-are-actually-ADULTS

You can get married in the UK at 16 legally (parents consent) and join the armed forces at 16. Are they classed as children?

Yes, exactly. Age groups clearly need to be redefined and like you say, 16 years old is a good starting point to determine when an individual crosses the border between childhood and adulthood.

25 minutes ago, transam said:

I have, but as usual you are there to help and welcome ALL into the UK with your excuses....

No, as usual you haven't responded to a single point I have raised and, as usual, claiming I have said things which I have not instead.

26 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

And is so desperate to try and deflect that he thinks that the pics in the proceeding posts are relatives coming to claim the little 5 year old cherubs.

Like Transam you have either not read my posts, are ignoring the parts to which you have no answer or lack the intellectual capacity to understand them.

As I have said elsewhere, even the websites which assess someone's age from a photograph admit it is just a guess. But you and The Daily Mail ignore that part.

Anyway, I have more important matters to deal with now than responding to the ignorant prejudices of you and those like you.

Edited by 7by7

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

No, as usual you haven't responded to a single point I have raised and, as usual, claiming I have said things which I have not instead.

Like Transam you have either not read my posts, are ignoring the parts to which you have no answer or lack the intellectual capacity to understand them.

As I have said elsewhere, even the websites which assess someone's age from a photograph admit it is just a guess. But you and The daily mail ignore that part.

We DO understand your protection of anyone trying to get into the UK.....You only show up here to help them along......Sadly for you they probably don't read here..

2 hours ago, transam said:

We DO understand your protection of anyone trying to get into the UK.....You only show up here to help them along......Sadly for you they probably don't read here..

As the only people I have 'protected' or helped 'get into' the UK are members of this forum and their Thai partners, I can only surmise that you do not want those people in the UK either!

Just read the funniest thing in the Daily Mail (Can't get it without a VPN here) from Katie Hopkins. ' Who are they Kidding? War is Hell but it doesn't turn them into Benjamin Button. LMFAO. But she is right. The whole immigration farce and those lefties and luvvies have just been given a kick in the 'knackers'.

This is an absolute disgrace and kidding nobody. 

18 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As the only people I have 'protected' or helped 'get into' the UK are members of this forum and their Thai partners, I can only surmise that you do not want those people in the UK either!

What a load of Bullocks.

You have no idea who you have helped into the UK with the information that you have posted on an anonymous forum.

3 hours ago, Xircal said:

Here's a good site to determine how old some of these 'children' are: https://how-old.net/?q=#

All you need to do is to right click an image and then click "Copy image location". The description may vary according to the browser you're using, but I use Firefox. Then copy the URL which will have been saved to the clipboard into the Search field on that site.

I just tried it myself and the result can be seen in the images.  Kind of makes a mockery of their claims that they're 14 years old.

Here's the original link to the Daily Mail report where the individual in the photo can be seen: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3849646/Mature-years-fears-real-age-child-migrants-arriving-Calais.html

how-old.jpg

age33.jpg

3 hours ago, SgtRock said:

And is so desperate to try and deflect that he thinks that the pics in the proceeding posts are relatives coming to claim the little 5 year old cherubs.

It now turns out that some of the photographs are not of the children nor their relatives, but of staff.

For example, the person in this large photo in this Daily Express article  supposedly of one of the children is actually an interpreter who accompanied the children!A refugee enters the UK

Also, as that article says, The British Dental Association says that testing the children's teeth to assess their age would not give accurate results.

The BDA has disputed claims that dental radiographs can accurately say if someone has reached 18 years of age. 

A spokesman said: “We are vigorously opposed to the use of dental X-rays to determine whether asylum seekers have reached 18. 

“It's not only an inaccurate method for assessing age, but it is both inappropriate and unethical to take radiographs of people when there is no health benefit for them. 

9 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

What a load of Bullocks.

You have no idea who you have helped into the UK with the information that you have posted on an anonymous forum.

So you are saying that the Visas and migration to other countries forum should be shut down in case people you consider undesirable read it and act on the advice therein?

I suggest that you take that up with George and see what he thinks of your idea!

On 18/10/2016 at 1:15 PM, Grouse said:

BBC see just said most are about 16 with some under 12. All have relatives in U.K.

What is the point being made on this thread?

The BBC is either being stupid or lying through their teeth.

Now come on, do these two look like vulnerable children?

397565F700000578-3843900-image-a-4_14767

Of course they are not. The one at the rear has a receding hairline for goodness sake!

14 minutes ago, JAG said:

Of course they are not. The one at the rear has a receding hairline for goodness sake!

No No No No Nooooooo

That is the relatives coming to pick up the toddlers :cheesy::cheesy:

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So you are saying that the Visas and migration to other countries forum should be shut down in case people you consider undesirable read it and act on the advice therein?

I suggest that you take that up with George and see what he thinks of your idea!

No.

I quite categorically said

33 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

What a load of Bullocks.

Nothing anywhere about shutting anything down, George, ideas or advice.

Merely a simple, factual statement that you have absolutely no chance of trying to debunk. 

Perhaps off topic, but what reallyboils my p*ss: I have an 11 year old daughter here. She was born 6 months before the rule change which would have allowed her a British Passport. I married her mother after she was born.  We live as a happy conventional nuclear family here in Thailand.

Now I want to take her with me to the UK, for a brief (3 week) visit next year in March/April, to meet my few remaining relatives in the UK.

The probability is that she will be denied a visa.

Edited by JAG

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

Perhaps off topic, but what reallyboils my p*ss: I have an 11 year old daughter here. She was born 6 months before the rule change which would have allowed her a British Passport. I married her mother after she was born.  We live as a happy conventional nuclear family here in Thailand.

Now I want to take her with me to the UK, for a brief (3 week) visit next year in March/April, to meet my few remaining relatives in the UK.

Get your daughter an accompanied flight, a ninja suit in her hand luggage.

Tell her to get changed just before landing and claim asylum, with the details of one of your relatives as a POC / Family member.

Job done.

43 minutes ago, JAG said:

Not everyone in the photos are refugees! The two either side look older as well; but they're probably not refugees either!

24 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

No.

I quite categorically said

Nothing anywhere about shutting anything down, George, ideas or advice.

Merely a simple, factual statement that you have absolutely no chance of trying to debunk. 

I see, so you think that the advice I have given on how to obtain a UK visa, i.e. enter the UK legally, will help illegal immigrants?

24 minutes ago, JAG said:

As soon as you married her mother registering her as British and thus obtaining a British passport for her will be a formality. You could have done it immediately after the wedding!

Why do you think that she will be denied a visa? I can see no reason why she would be. If you want advice on that then I and others are more than happy to advise in the Visa and migration to other countries forum.

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I see, so you think that the advice I have given on how to obtain a UK visa, i.e. enter the UK legally, will help illegal immigrants?

Is that what I said ?

Here it is again to try and get your head around.

29 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

What a load of Bullocks.

I will give you a little clue.

Identity thieves mine thousands of little bits of data to make a picture.

They are not the only ones to mine thousands of little bits of data for nefarious reasons.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

39 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As soon as you married her mother registering her as British and thus obtaining a British passport for her will be a formality. You could have done it immediately after the wedding!

Why do you think that she will be denied a visa? I can see no reason why she would be. If you want advice on that then I and others are more than happy to advise in the Visa and migration to other countries forum.

Thinking a bit more about it, they may be a technical detail which could make obtaining a UK visa for more difficult than it would be were she your step daughter rather than natural daughter.

She is entitled to British citizenship, and it is technically against the immigration rules to issue persons entitled to British citizenship a visa as this places a time restriction on their stay in the UK, British citizens cannot legally have such a restriction placed upon them.

However, considering when you intend to visit you have ample time to register her as a British citizen and obtain a British passport for her. If you need more advice I suggest starting a topic in the Visas and migration to other countries forum.

47 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Is that what I said ?

Here it is again to try and get your head around.

I will give you a little clue.

Identity thieves mine thousands of little bits of data to make a picture.

They are not the only ones to mine thousands of little bits of data for nefarious reasons.

The advice I, and others, give is based upon the immigration rulkes and guidance from UKVI and the IDI; all of which is easily accessible to anyone who cares to look for it.

I wont go into all the details of the precautions UKVI have in place to counter identity theft, such as every visa applicant giving their biometrics every time they apply, but will acknowledge that it does happen; as do UKVI.

I fail to see how not advising genuine, anonymous people on an internet forum would help prevent identity theft. Please enlighten me..

Edited by 7by7

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It now turns out that some of the photographs are not of the children nor their relatives, but of staff.

For example, the person in this large photo in this Daily Express article  supposedly of one of the children is actually an interpreter who accompanied the children!A refugee enters the UK

I don't see any reference on the Daily Express site you linked to to indicate that the guy in the image is a member of staff. This link clarifies the position quite clearly I think: http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/photos-of-calais-refugee-kids-spark-uproar-but-uk-government-says-war-has-aged-them/news-story/7d8ed9e06a3b61dbeffb1fffad8e3f1f

Read what it says underneath the same photograph.

The situation for screening someone as an unaccompanied minor is not the same as the criteria for admission to a country as an minor.   A person can be screened as a minor, but may need to be admitted to a country as an adult.  

If someone has attained the age of 18, I assume they would be considered an adult in the UK and a family member would not be given custody of them.

It's most discouraging to see so many people that make the assumption of wide scale lying on the part of the people being screened.   Make no mistake, it does occur, but it is not all that difficult to check the age.  

Part of the screening is the gathering of family data.   People who lie are endangering any potential resettlement of the remainder of their family.   Before admission, the officers in charge of admission will look very carefully at he data, and any backup information, including how it happens that two children in the same family were born less than 9 months apart.

Because somebody says they are under 18 does not mean they are under 18 and no person involved in screening would rely solely on the word of the person if there is any reason to believe that it may be false. 

I guess they'll be inviting their families in, as has happened in Germany:
More than 17,000 migrants file lawsuits in Germany aimed at getting their families to join them as courts struggle to cope 19/10/16

Ctd http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3848118/More-17-000-migrants-file-lawsuits-Germany-aimed-getting-families-join-courts-struggle-cope.html

Most countries have criteria in place before you can sponsor a relative to arrive as an immigrant, they vary from country to country, but they include:

--degree of relationship (immediate family member)

--Legal status of the applicant (someone who is not yet a permanent resident of the country may not apply for family members).

--Ability to financially support the immigrants.

11 hours ago, JAG said:

You have a right to be p****d off and that is sadly why some people in the voted in the referendum to get out of the EU who demand, bully and force the government to take these so called refugees. I think SgtRock was being sarcastic about the veil and Jihab but once again dressing like that seems to get sympathy and priority as the authorities and people are scared of offending which I believe to be ridiculous.