First Calais ‘Jungle’ camp children arrive in UK

webfact

3 hours ago, Mosha said:

While the BBC is tugging our emotional strings walking round the camp looking for sob stories. They missed this attack on a TV crew.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/18/female-interpreter-is-raped-by-knife-wielding-migrants-in-the-jungle-refugee-camp-6199560/

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I doubt they missed it. They chose not to publish it because it contradicts the party narrative that they are all helpless exploited refugees that only want shelter till it's safe to go home.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mosha said:

While the BBC is tugging our emotional strings walking round the camp looking for sob stories. They missed this attack on a TV crew.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/18/female-interpreter-is-raped-by-knife-wielding-migrants-in-the-jungle-refugee-camp-6199560/

Not the sort of thing the BBC would be likely to report.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Less than 2 years ago, when Theresa May, was Home Secy it was admitted that 180,000 people in Britain on visas had been  ' mislaid ' and the govt had no idea where they were !

One of the issues that Home Secretary Theresa May wriggled out of by blaming someone else.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Less than 2 years ago, when Theresa May, was Home Secy it was admitted that 180,000 people in Britain on visas had been  ' mislaid ' and the govt had no idea where they were !

And no doubt the EU is to blame for this?

2 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I didn't say that, are you blaming the EU ?

No, of course not. I'm just underlining the point that the EU is often blamed for issues which should be laid at the door of our illustrious government ?

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Although off topic, do you know of any Western country that doesn't have problems with visa over stayers? Even a country with a relatively small population, Australia, has around 57,000 illegal visa over stayers, many of them Westerners. I guarantee the majority are illegally employed by local nationals as would be the case in the UK.

So far as those whining about unaccompanied children with no relatives in UK, people may like to look up the Dubs Agreement and take it up with their MP rather than the barrage of bigotry and hate on this forum from the usual clique.

Edited by simple1

Just now, Grouse said:

No, of course not. I'm just underlining the point that the EU is often blamed for issues which should be laid at the door of our illustrious government ?

Very many were the fault of the govt who, for example, granted student visas to people from the Indian Sub-Continent with iffy qualifications and it resulted in blacklisting of many ' educational establishments ' in India but of course all a bit late.

Many of the ' students ' simply disappeared on arrival.

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Although off topic, do you know of any Western country that doesn't have problems with visa over stayers? Even a country with a relatively small population, Australia, has around 57,000 illegal visa over stayers. I guarantee the majority are employed by local nationals.

So far as those whining about unaccompanied children with no relatives in UK, people may like to look up the Dubs Agreement and take it up with their MP rather than the barrage of bigotry and hate on this forum from the usual clique.

So opinions you don't agree with are branded as bigotry and hate, saying you disagree isn't enough ?

20 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So opinions you don't agree with are branded as bigotry and hate, saying you disagree isn't enough ?

Some members seem to have issues with UK law, either they do not comprehend, or if they do they ignore, in order to aim their vitriol at the asylum seekers.

In this and all other topics concerning Muslim asylum seekers many TV commentators go way beyond an opinion by indulging in very clearly articulated bigotry, some of which goes further by expressing pure hatred.

Edited by simple1

Some members seem to have issues with UK law, either they do not comprehend, or if they do they ignore, in order to aim their vitriol at the asylum seekers.

In this and all other topics concerning Muslim asylum seekers many TV commentators go way beyond an opinion by indulging in very clearly articulated bigotry, some of which goes further by expressing pure hatred.

I don't hate ,Muslims,but I do find that on the whole their way of life and living does not fit in with the way the average Western person lived ,there for they would be much better suited living in a land that is in step with their needs and ways of life ,Myself I do not like the way they live or their creeds ,on the whole,therefore I would not choose to live amongst them ,so why do they come to live amongst us ,when it is so obvious that they are not wanted by the majority,?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Mosha said:

I suspect the kindly interpreter has changed her mind.  If she still feels strongly about helping the 'refugees, I think its also likely that she won't go back with a bodyguard and back-up.

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

Not at all.

This thread is about immigrants being imported to be UK as children, when many of them are clearly nothing of the sort - and yet the UK authorities are ignoring the problem (hoping it will go away), whilst continuing to bring in more  'refugee children".....

UK authorities need to prove to the UK population as to not only why so many of the 'child refugees are clearly FAR from chileren, -but also how and why those 'children' travelled  across various countries - without seeking shelter within those countries..

One poster said that they were looking to be re-united with their parents,  Really??-  I'd like to see evidence of this and, even if true - have to wonder about the type of parent who would move abroad without their children  - and hope that their children could travel across Europe/eventually be considered a child refugee and (hopefully) be given 'child refugee 'with a family'' status in the UK!:rolleyes:.

The UK already has enough bad parents and children - they don't need even more, and quite frankly either leaving your child (in the hope they can navigate Europe/find a way round immigration problems) are far from 'desireable' people in the UK.

More realistically, if the parents paid for their child/children to be moved across Europe hoping that the children would be able to get into the UK, the automatic assumption is that they were using their children to  later claim that as the childrens' parents -- they have automatic rights to enter the UK.

Edited by dick dasterdly

22 hours ago, Mosha said:

Never a truer word with those strings. The BBC are a disgrace and if you watch their take on things, compared  to other news stations it is 'wag the dog' syndrome.  I feel sorry for the UK people who have no option but to pay for the bias. The whole saga with cover ups, scandals and the bias during the EU referendum should make the government  take action in radically changing its organistion and representation. The sooner the better. Once trusted around the world for its comprehensive, fair minded news presentation, it has now become a laughing stock on par with Fox and CNN networks.

Just for those that genuinely believe that it is a coincidence that the migrant camps are just filled with young men or children whichever you look at it from your perspective. Nowhere near the same proportionate boys to girls, men to females. Why is that.

These young men should either be in conscripted military service in their own country or have already done it already (or deserted and joined another group). What a shame so many people just do not understand.

I have some interesting facts on the required minimum age before "children" can join the military in a whole range of countries. I have deliberately only mentioned those who are FORCED to join the military when they reach 18.

Iran:  15-16 (voluntary), 18 (compulsory)

Egypt: 16 (voluntary), 18 (compulsory)

Eritrea: 18 (compulsory)

Algeria: 17 (voluntary), 19 (compulsory)

Armenia: 17 (military cadet), 18 (compulsory)

Azerbaijan: 17 (voluntary), 18 (compulsory)

Pakistan: 16 (voluntary) 15 (airforce as technicians)

Somalia: 18 (compulsory)

Syria: 18 (compulsory)

South Sudan: 18 (compulsory)

Sudan: 18 (compulsory)

My point is that these “children” who are arriving in their droves, are either running from the draft or, they are fully trained in the military!  They cannot have it both ways.  I suspect that the majority are cowards, because they left their women and children behind?  Alternatively, those who are not cowards are even more dangerous due to their training.

Wake up parents, protect your children. Protest before these arrive on your doorstep, or in your small town, our governments have made us all unsafe with their actions.

I have some interesting facts on the required minimum age before "children" can join the military in a whole range of countries. I have deliberately only mentioned those who are FORCED to join the military when they reach 18.

My point is that these “children” who are arriving in their droves, are either running from the draft or, they are fully trained in the military!  They cannot have it both ways.  I suspect that the majority are cowards, because they left their women and children behind?  Alternatively, those who are not cowards are even more dangerous due to their training.

Wake up parents, protect your children. Protest before these arrive on your doorstep, or in your small town, our governments have made us all unsafe with their actions.

Mosha and Gravy have it nailed, BBC is a disgrace.  It has been full of left wing sympathizers for years, now it is sooo PC, with "positive discrimination" running rampant over ability.

They know nothing gets the British going better than a "sick puppy story" so "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" is the prevailing concern.