3bb vs ais fiber vs true online ( fttx)

primacybkk

On 8/24/2017 at 11:11 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Getting a good internet connection for streaming depends on a chain of different elements, and any one of them can be a weak link that spoils your streaming -- a poor wifi router, a slow ISP and/or a slow VPN. You need to try to ensure that all those pieces are functioning as best as possible.

If by being in a condo you mean one of the many high rises, one of the challenges with that is oftentimes, the ISPs won't run fiber direct to your unit if you're on a floor above ground level and/or the building itself has some kind of exclusive arrangement where they'll only allow one chosen ISP to serve their building. I don't think CSLoxInfo is on anyone's list of the best/fasted Thai ISPs.

In the cases where your unit is above ground level in a high rise condo, the ISPs will often only run fiber into a main junction in the building, and then run slower VDSL from the junction to individual units. In those cases, the maximum speeds via VDSL usually top out at about 50 Mbps, much slower than that's possible with full fiber.

Still, the bottom line is, even for HD streaming, all you really need is a stable 5 Mbps connection to your US or EU endpoints (which is an entirely different and separate matter than the ISPs' rated plan speeds of 100 Mbps or 200 Mbps, which only apply to DOMESTIC Thai connections). The stable 5 Mbps international connection is certainly do-able here, but you need all the chain parts working optimally.

Seems like for starters, you need to check around your building or with building management about whether you can obtain internet service from fiber providers like 3BB or AIS in your building. You can also usually get the same answer by contacting the ISPs directly with your residence address and/or using the service checker mapping functions they have on their websites.

Also, what kind of device(s) are you trying to stream to? And are you doing so via a direct Ethernet connection with your existing internet or via wifi? And if wifi, what kind of wifi router are you using, N, AC, 2.4 or 5 GHz???

hi the doable bit for me is interesting. I have a home not a condo, so i can take anything. I have holes in wall so I can do wired LAN, as opposed to wifi, currently with true , but the connection drops every now and again and throttling even on domestic can be appalling.

So is the doable AIS or 3BB. Would either be considered better than the other.  True were giving great customer service when I was threatening to get rid of satelite( cable actually) channels, but now its not so good, with returned call 24-48 hours later.

2 hours ago, manchega said:

hi the doable bit for me is interesting. I have a home not a condo, so i can take anything. I have holes in wall so I can do wired LAN, as opposed to wifi, currently with true , but the connection drops every now and again and throttling even on domestic can be appalling.

So is the doable AIS or 3BB. Would either be considered better than the other.  True were giving great customer service when I was threatening to get rid of satelite( cable actually) channels, but now its not so good, with returned call 24-48 hours later.

I gave up on True and their internet services some years back. Never had any desire to go back.

Either AIS or 3BB fiber generally can be a good option. But there also can be differences, in terms of whether each have service available to your specific location, how long a fiber cable run might be necessary, and more broadly, how busy either is in your location, since even fiber lines at some point go into a shared pool of bandwith capacity. Check availability with the two ISPs, and then check with your neighbors who may already have one or the other.

Ethernet is always going to do better with whatever internet connection you have than wifi. But wifi can be perfectly serviceable too, especially with a fast fiber connection, a good AC wifi router, and a home without too much of wifi signal blocking construction.

One difference right now between AIS and 3BB when it comes to their fiber internet connections is AIS has expanded more into offering streaming TV packages with English language channels along with their internet service, whereas 3BB has streaming video options, but not as much EN language options AFAIK.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, Pib said:

Sure....ISPs engage in data shaping (i.e., throttling) but they are not going to give you specifics as to how and what they throttle.  1800 to 2400 is a peak use period (everyone home from work and school using the internet) which means more users sharing bandwidth.   And there are factors beyond throttling that can reduce speed such as more users online sharing limited bandwidth, not having/buying enough international bandwidth, local circuits overloaded, etc.   Here's how a couple of major Thai ISPs beat around the bush in saying such (pardon the not-so-good google translation:

True

AIS Fibre

•  

All I know is up until a week ago I could watch streaming baseball live on True Online. Now the signal is so weak it stalls all the time and is very frustrating. Is anyone else in the Pattaya area experiencing these same problems with True and what can we do about it.

Nina farm, my true problems started about 2 months ago.  not even the streaming, normal internet use - business type internet use. just leaving me hanging and regular dropping off.  I even got them to check the line, replace the naff router etc.  Got a new hole drilled and cable through the wall.  and as for threatening to take business elsewhere they really don't seem to care.

• Like 1

Just did a trio of speedtests using TestMy.net with my 3BB 200 Mbps fiber plan Ethernet connection in BKK. Noon on Saturday. 100 MB download test.

Connect to TestMy's Los Angeles Server:

44 / 71 / 41 Mbps

Connect to TestMy's Singapore Server:

170 / 106 / 124 Mbps

Posting images of the middle result for each server:

59aa3f13318b9_2017-09-0212_09_43.jpg.14d74990f9f81fe383a95f69dcb9c37c.jpg

59aa3f141dda2_2017-09-0212_12_26.jpg.9ab709c483368fcab7524f6d8a680514.jpg

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just did a trio of speedtests using TestMy.net with my 3BB 200 Mbps fiber plan Ethernet connection in BKK. Noon on Saturday. 100 MB download test.

Connect to TestMy's Los Angeles Server:

44 / 71 / 41 Mbps

Connect to TestMy's Singapore Server:

170 / 106 / 124 Mbps

Posting images of the middle result for each server:

59aa3f13318b9_2017-09-0212_09_43.jpg.14d74990f9f81fe383a95f69dcb9c37c.jpg

59aa3f141dda2_2017-09-0212_12_26.jpg.9ab709c483368fcab7524f6d8a680514.jpg

Are they single or multi threaded?

testmy.net started to use multi thread for new tests by default.

11 minutes ago, muratremix said:

Are they single or multi threaded?

testmy.net started to use multi thread for new tests by default.

I wasn't aware of any change. They always used to be single threaded in the past unless you chose otherwise.

On these tests, I just chose the server location and 100 MB download size. But I didn't select the multi-thread option up in the top right corner of the screen.

When I click the Multithread link up in the top right corner, it takes me to a page where it asks if I want to ENABLE multithread testing. And says once you enable it, it would run on future tests.

But I've never enabled it, it doesn't show as being enabled on my brower on their page, so I'm assuming my tests above were normal single threads.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

I wonder if 200/100 package in 3BB gets special speed bump like inter (+200 thb) compared to basic 100/30 mbit fiber package?

I'll get 3bb fiber to Samui end of this month (after I've moved in) but not sure if I ever need 200/100 instead of 100/30 which is pretty fast.

Regarding comparison of 3BB and AIS speed to Los Angeles below are some testmy.net Max speed database reports for 3BB and AIS specifically to their LA server over the last approx 2 to 4 months.  Now these reports do not specify what speed package a person had, like a 200MB plan or a 50Mb plan; it just shows what speeds to LA were obtained regardless of the speed plan a person was on...that is, a 10Mb plan, 30Mb plan, 50Mb plan, 100Mb plan, 200Mb plan, etc....etc....etc.  But without knowing what speed plan a person was on, the snapshots still give a general feeling of what speeds from Thailand to LA are being provided by 3BB and AIS as tested on testmy.net.

In getting the report I just asked for the last 250 tests from Thailand to LA with both 3BB and AIS which gave me approx 2 to 4 months of testing for each ISP....I circled in the lower left hand corner the specific amount of time 250 tests covered for each ISP.  

On the 3BB snapshot on the right hand side I also circled TallGuy's 3 speed results he got to LA...the 3 tests he posted about above.  He is indeed getting great speed to LA based on what other 3BB customers are getting (or any ISP customer)....or at least those customers who have tested with testmy.net.  From looking at the blue line on the snapshot which represents download speed (red line is upload speed) it appears most people are getting less than 20Mb download speed... more like around 10Mb may be a closer guesstimate on 3BB when I mentally draw an average trend line.  And just a reminder, these speed results reflect all speed plans used by 3BB folks...if all 3BB customers were on the 200Mb plan I'm sure most people would be getting a lot more than approx 10Mb download speed to LA....might be more like the speeds Tall Guy is getting.

And then below the 3BB snapshot is the AIS snapshot where it appears most people are getting approx 20Mb speed to LA based on me mentally drawing an average trendline.   Also, keep in mind AIS has only came out with a 200Mb plan over the last month or so in their new Power4 package (well, they did have a 200Mb plan late last year for a month or so before dropping it)...up to the last month or so ago a 100Mb plan was the fastest AIS Fibre plan anyone would have probably had with the possible exception of someone paying around Bt20K/month for a 1000Mb (1GB) speed plan.

Ah, heck....let's not forget True.  I've also included a snapshot for True....mentally drawing the trend line it looks like a 10-15Mb download speed to LA....and these 250 latest results go back over 5 months.

3BB Below

Capture3BB.JPG.d0a310928d819b6cfb9b4ba3d0145919.JPG

AIS Below

CaptureAIS.JPG.cf11924aa21e04207832df36215b4fa0.JPG

True Below

CaptureTrue.JPG.6ff0559907437cc173efc3bcc61ae54b.JPG

Oh, to good ol' days of high priced internet plans.  Below are True's xDSL and DOCSIS (cable) internet plan prices back in 2556 (2013)...a mere 4 years ago....how prices have changed.  A 200/15 DOCSIS plan was going for Bt9,999/mo. And a 50/10 VDSL plan went for Bt3,599/mo.  And don't forget to add 7%  VAT to these low, low prices.  

And when I was on True DOCSIS I initially had the 20/2 plan at Bt1,299/mo before I downgraded to their 14/1.4 plan at Bt699/mo.  Although my domestic speed dropped by 6Mb, my international speed on the 14Mb plan was basically the  same as the 20Mb plan....I was happy with that downgrade.  Memories....memories.  

Now, approx Bt1,200/mo gets a person 10 times the speed it did compared to around 4 years ago.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/why/entry/204?ln=en

capture.JPG.55e36f62ac1b703bb430cc0ae8e7d24e.JPG

• Like 1

I just ran the Netflix Fast.com speedtest with my 3BB 200 Mbps fiber plan in BKK between 10:15 and 10:30 pm tonight. Two back-to-back tests in two different configurations:

1. Connected directly via 3BB (no VPN) using Google's DNS on 3BB's 2.4 GHz N wifi router:

(I believe this is showing the results for a Thailand Netflix connection)

59ad73117042b_2017-09-0422_27.jpg.a820f027c9d8784153b8ff575e947791.jpg    59ad731227fa8_2017-09-0422_28.jpg.5f7724823bf772482fa0100178a4d33e.jpg

2. Connected via L.A. server VPN with my own ASUS AC wifi router on 5 GHz:

(I believe this is showing the results for a U.S./LA. Netflix connection)

59ad730fe2bdd_2017-09-0422_15.jpg.4e0698f1889cc959c79753988295920e.jpg    59ad7310b580f_2017-09-0422_16.jpg.85e6d3102635bbc9dec45da17a5ce1c5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2017 at 11:44 AM, Pib said:

Oh, come on....get the 200/100 plan otherwise you will subconsciously torture yourself....always wondering what could have been.  Do you need 200/100 speed---No.  But do you want it deep down--Yes.

Tomorrow my AIS Fibre Power4 200/50 upgrade from my current 100/10 plan is suppose to go into affect...start of the billing month type thing.  Do I need a 200Mb plan--No.   Will my "international" speeds pass Singapore increase significantly or at all---I doubt it.  

But since I also get an unlimited data 4G/3G SIM at 6Mb speed which will go into my wife's 10 inch tablet the SIM was just enough to push me over the upgrade cliff.  And this particular upgrade also has the Platinum HD Movie/Premium TV package included with free AIS Wifi.   I don't want to subconsciously torture myself.   Plus, I cancelled my TrueVisions Platinum package in July which gives me extra money to spend toward a faster internet plan and still be saving money each month related to TV/movie viewing & interneting.  Also frees-up money for more Leo.

More Leo?? Hope that's a joke.

43 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yea, that speed tester for Netflix must make a connection to Bangkok....I get a 200Mb result on my AIS 200Mb plan.  See below.  Too lazy to see why a VPN connection to the U.S. would give me.

Yes, my non-VPN, direct results with Netflix FAST were via WIFI a room away from my router, as I noted above, not via Ethernet. I'm assuming the results would have been faster had I done my tests on an Ethernet wired connection. Without a VPN, I'm pretty certain FAST is measuring a Bangkok connection, not international. Especially now that Netflix offers Netflix subscriptions in Thailand.

AIS Fibre must have upped their download speed from 50Mb to 60Mb.  As of this morning/6 Sep I'm getting 60Mb download speed.  Checked their website thinking they might have released  new promotion (and I just got upgraded automatically) but checking the AIS Fibre website didn't show any thing about a bump-up in upload speed.  Confirmed higher upload speed with Speedtest.net and Nperf.com....see below.

I also notice that when checking my IP address it's no longer begins with 49..xxx (which is was yesterday and ever since I'm been with AIS Fibre for 14 months) but now it begins with the 184..xxx series    However, I'm still on their CGNAT because when looking in my AIS Fibre router firmware setting the CGNAT IP address beginning with 100..xxx is still there. 

Summary: higher upload speed--from 50 to 60Mb...and change in IP Address series--49.xxx to 184.xxxx.

Capture.JPG.246e5c550fee701d2fc77e9a540904ad.JPG

6600351895.png

Capture60upNper.JPG.b63e5c4648c2cd599465fc1ec19db29a.JPG

This post primarily regards using the DSLReports.com speedtester.  

When you look at my post number 526 (7 posts above) one of the images I included was a history chart on my speeds using the DSLReports speedtester to Singapore on my AIS Fibre 100/10 plan I had through 3 Sep and my 200/50 plan that kicked in 4 Sep.   I earlier commented that the 200Mb plan using the DSLReports speedtester only resulted in around a 10-15Mb increase over the 100Mb plan.  Like my 100Mb plan gave me 100Mb speed to Singapore but the 200Mb plan only gives a little more at around 115Mb (or I thought only gave 115Mb when using DSLReports....more on this comment below).

I had also mentioned somewhere in  this 500 plus long thread or similar thread that I think AIS Fibre in some data flows/testing procedures limits each thread bandwidth to  approx 20Mb per thread.  I had based this on DSLReports settings, messages it would display during the test, and my testing where if I changed the  number of threads used in the test from the default, which is apparently 6 "per server", to only using 1 thread I would only get a 20Mb result.  

I also felt that AIS Fibre may limit each thread to only 20Mb since the max speed I could ever pull using the "speedof.me" tester was a mere 20Mb...and the speedof.me is suppose to be a "single thread" tester and there is no where in this tester where you can change setting to the best of my knowledge unless maybe you create User ID on speedof.me.   In doing some googling I found other people with various ISPs worldwide experienced the same problem....that is, the speed result being great truncated/clipped like how my result was a mere 20Mb on a 100 or 200Mb plan.  Speaking of the speedof.me tester I going to write up a separate post when using that tester and it's "Lite" version that give me radically differently results when testing to the same location..   Maybe some of you can expand the differences.

Anyway, right or wrong, I was kinda convinced AIS Fibre data shaped/limited each thread to 20Mb "under certain conditions."

Back to using the DSLReports tester.   Increase to 2 threads per server and the result goes to approx 40Mb.  The speed would  continue to increase until  I reached 6 threads where it would reach up to around 115Mb.  Continuing to increase the number of threads, like 7, 8 or more threads, to "one specific server", repeat, to a specific server did not result in any additional speed increase.   OK, if DSLReports only uses 6 threads max per server and AIS Fibre does data shape threads to approx 20Mb max then around 120Mb is the max speed I would ever get using DSLReports when testing to only 1 of their servers which I've always done.

But this morning in testing my increased upload speed from 50 to 60Mb and still a little surprised I couldn't get 200Mb to Singapore using the DSLReports tester while I was able to bet 200Mb to Singapore on other testers like Speedtest.net and Nperf.com, I decided to change my settings in the DSLReports tester from testing to only 1 server to testing to 2 servers at Singapore.  DSLReports actually recommends you test to at least 3 servers.  Anyway, when testing to 2 Singapore servers at once which means 12 threads in use, I was now getting 200Mb speed.   When testing to 3 servers at Singapore the speed did not increase further.

See below updated history chart divided up/annotated to show when I was on the 100/10 plan testing to only 1 Singapore server, the 200/50 plan when testing to 2 or 3 Singapore servers, and the 200/60 plan when testing to 2 or 3 Singapore servers.  Notice how the download speed jumps to 200Mb after increasing the number of servers/threads being used from 1 server (6 threads) to 2 servers (12 threads).  The horizontal line is the download speed and the vertical bars are the upload speed.   

Using the DSLReports tester a person changes what server(s) are tested to and can also change the number of Download/Upload Streams (threads) used by going into the setting area depicted by a "gear icon."    

The various and numerous speedtesters can sure give different results....results that a can vary greatly between the testers due to various factors....take speed test results with a big grain of salt.    And if using the DSLReports tester with a speed plan "over 100Mb" you definitely want to take their advice and test to at least 3 servers/locations at once.

DSLReports Speed History Chart of My 100 and 200Mb AIS Fibre Plans

Capture.JPG.eb8292e22ba76d843bdb35a91c3b0888.JPG

Played around with the Speedof.me speedtester some more and it ended pretty much is frustration, unanswered questions, etc. This tester is supposedly a single thread tester like testmy.net.   I don't like the speedof.me tester for various reasons described below.

Where I mentioned in my earlier post(s) when using Speedof.me I always got around a 20Mb download speed to Singapore which is truncated/clipped/capped (like it hit a ceiling), well, the first image below shows what that looks like.  Same thing happens on Chrome, Edge or IE.   Tried deleting cookies on all three browsers, to include "specifically" deleting the speedof.me cookie in Chrome and IE which you can do by individual cookie if desired versus just deleting all cookies.   When the dust settled I still ended up just getting around 20Mb download speed to Singapore.   With speedof.me you "can not pick a server location nor change any setting"....it does everything automatically to include picking the closest test server which is Singapore for us folks living in Thailand.  If you want to test to elsewhere you are SOL.

Today I noticed there is a "Lite" version of speedof.me which is for mobile devices like smartphone/tablets....the Lite version is at speedof.me/m/.   So, tried that and to my surprise the test speed was not truncated to 20Mb download speed....see image 2 below....got 109Mb to Singapore.

I then tried the regular speedof.me site again which they refer to as the Full version and also got a speed of around 109Mb.....see image 3 below.

However, a few minutes later when using both the Full and Mobile sites for more testing I was back to 20Mb download speeds.   And while the Mobile version was testing to Singapore the Full version was testing to San Jose.   And no, I'm not using a VPN or proxy connection.  Did  some more "cookie clearing" again and was still stuck at the 20Mb max speed.   But using any other speedtester such as speedtest.net, Nperf.com, testmy.net, etc., and there is not capping at 20Mb speed occurring.

And hour of so later I tried again using both the Full and Mobile version after some cookie clearing, and it appears if I "first test" with the Mobile version and then test with the Full version both versions will actually give good results....not truncated the speed to 20Mb.  But if I test a little later it may be back to truncating the speed again.    It has something to do with the speedof.me tester because I can test with any other speed tester and get normal/high speeds, to included testmy.net.

I'm not impressed with the speedof.me tester, Full or Mobile version....to picky at least on my laptop/AIS Fibre plan....one time it caps the speed results...next time if doing some cookie clearing and starting the Mobile version first it works normally "sometimes."  Hope others have better luck with this tester.  Maybe it has something to do with the CGNAT that AIS Fibre uses and it's confusing the speedof.me tester...don't know.   Take all speed test results with a big grain of salt...use several to get the best idea of what speeds you are really getting.

Image 1: Example of How Speedof.me "truncates/clips/caps" speed results to around 20Mb on my 200Mb plan

59afee4c08a01_CaptureSpeedofMe20Mbcap.JPG.44bc3faf2a289b5c8ec3008ed71a133a.JPG

Image 2: Example of when I can get the Mobile version to "not" truncate/cap/clip my speed results...get speed of 109Mb...very similar to testmy.net results.

CaptureSpeedofMeLite.JPG.9a3660fd6946bd5e62a5765b5dbe6c40.JPG

Image:  Example of when I can get the Full version to "not" truncate/cap/clip my speed...get speed of 109Mb...very similar to testmy.net results.

CaptureSpeedofMeFull.JPG.56a389714039642d611c3c17f1144ea5.JPG

Piggybacking on Pib's results above, just now about 1 pm local time, I ran a bunch of tests with Speedof,Me that came back slower than both Netflix FAST and TestMy.net 200 MB download. On my results using a VPN connection in L.A., I didn't notice any meaningful difference between the SpeedOf.Me full site vs mobile site results.

I did notice the download samples for the Speedof.Me tests topped out at either 8 or 16 MB, which is pretty small. For my fiber plan, at least, I've noticed over time that it tends to start out more slowly, and then build speed as the initial time passes up to a point where it pretty much stabilizes. So I always tend to get better test results when the DL test/file is larger/longer vs. the quick/small file size tests.

Configuration for all tests:  3BB 200/50 Mbps fiber plan. All tests based on my ISP with an added L.A. VPN connection, and both SpeedOf.Me and TestMy.Net showing the tests being run via L.A. servers. On my end, the connection was via AC wifi, not Ethernet, as follows:

Speed of Me Full Site

59b389c8b81c1_2017-09-0912_53.jpg.9465c4e774c98045d14d274c461b23e2.jpg

59b389ca2cda7_2017-09-0912_54.jpg.235b7c1675e6851de48246c0f29e2b68.jpg

59b389cb68620_2017-09-0912_58.jpg.df607a6721645033af6cc915eba2558b.jpg

Speed of Me Mobile Site

59b38a145a8a7_2017-09-0912_47.jpg.da13cd63675f99671d513501050b6666.jpg

59b38a158898a_2017-09-0912_50.jpg.d20fce4861f797179eab68e1803ecf07.jpg

59b38a16b7414_2017-09-0912_51.jpg.8330b5feb3ce75720a5948a8f151aa34.jpg

TestMy.Net

59b38a3bade77_2017-09-0913_21.jpg.77fda8b42686110ef400806c0638937a.jpg

Netflix FAST

59b38a3a50485_2017-09-0913_18.jpg.c3932c1736fe210701c5016ade27249a.jpg

PS - I'll rerun the tests later to Singapore, similiar to Pib's, with a straight 3BB fiber and ethernet connection, no VPN, when I'm in the other room on my other PC.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

TG,

I just tried some speedof.me  (Regular version) and speedof.me/m/ (Lite/Mobile version) on my AIS 200/50 Plan at around 3pm.  Widely varying results between the two testers on my ISP plan.

Did non-VPN tests to Singapore and VPN tests to LA.   Notice how the speedofme Regular version in a non-VPN connection to Singapore hits me with the 20Mb cap like I talked before.  Switch to a VPN connection to LA and I get almost 70Mb DL speed with no capping. 

Also did non-VPN to Singapore and VPN to LA again but this time using the speedofme Lite version.  The Lite version did not hit me with the 20Mb capping like the full version did and I got 104Mb to Signapore (non-VPN).  I then tried the Speedofme Lite with a VPN connection to LA and get around 49Mb DL speed.

For me, the Speedofme full and lite testers give me way too much variation in speed results...and then why is there capping using the full version but not always with the lite version?   Yeap, not a fan of this speed tester.   It just gives me strange results.

Speed of Me to Singapore (non-VPN)...notice the truncating/capping at 20Mb like I talked before

Capturespeedofme_Sing.JPG.a77c328278f9a16616159abf64c33ebc.JPG

Speed of Me LA "via VPN"...notice "no" capping at 20Mb...got a DL speed of almost 70Mb...but UL speed really sucked.

CaptureSpeedofme_LA.JPG.0051e95b747e40e88212eb9baed9d713.JPG

OK, let give Speed of Me "Lite" a try.

Speed of Me Lite to Singapore (non-VPN)...no capping at 20Mb like on a non-VPN connection...got around 104Mb and full UL of 60Mb.  Now why does the Lite version give so much better speed than the regular version?

CaptureSpeedofmeLite_Sing.JPG.57613f2cacc6cac2d6ad48ee4401c7e0.JPG

Speed of Me LA Lite "via VPN" to LA...notice "no" capping at 20Mb...got a DL speed of 49Mb...but UL speed really sucked.   But when using the Regular version I got almost 70Mb

CaptureSpeedofmeLite_LA_IKEV.JPG.59bb9c0948e801fa43547b4c63084e74.JPG

On the night between Sept 6 and 7 AIS fibre changed my IP from 49xxxxx to 148xxxxx. I'm on a 50/10 plan and after the IP change my speeds to Singapore was still 50-52, but internationally to LA they dropped from an average of around 25-30 mbit/sec to 2.6.

I've made a complaint to AIS a couple of days ago and today I've been talking with a guy from NOC. He's trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

I would really appreciate a screenshot of a speedtest on testmy.net to LA showing what speed you get today.

Please mention your plan too

Thanks

2 hours ago, touch said:

On the night between Sept 6 and 7 AIS fibre changed my IP from 49xxxxx to 148xxxxx. I'm on a 50/10 plan and after the IP change my speeds to Singapore was still 50-52, but internationally to LA they dropped from an average of around 25-30 mbit/sec to 2.6.

I've made a complaint to AIS a couple of days ago and today I've been talking with a guy from NOC. He's trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

I would really appreciate a screenshot of a speedtest on testmy.net to LA showing what speed you get today.

Please mention your plan too

Thanks

Yeap, pretty sad speed to LA using Testmy.net in single thread mode....getting the same speed as you.  I'm on AIS Fibre 200/50 plan.  And as mentioned earlier my IP Address changed from the 49 series to 184 series on 6 Sep.  But even before 6 Sep and when still on the 49 series the speed to LA  wasn't very good according to testmy.net.  Before are four tests run to LA (or SF)  on Sun/10Sep/approx 1:39 to 2:16pm Thailand time using testmy.net (in single and multithread modes) and also using two multithread testers of Speedtest.net and Nperf.com.  Major differences in speeds obtained between the different tests and testers.   Sorry for not being able to run the tests closer in time but I kept getting interrupted by family members.

Testmy.net Result in Single Thread Mode

Oq4GwM8Dm.nfVkRArbu.png

Testmy.net DL Result when set to Multithread Mode and testing to LA...speed went up around 4 fold.   Note: although the location in the image says "Global Multithread" only the LA server was picked....if I had picked 5 servers to different locations it would have still said "Global Multithread" whereas when running in Single thread (Linear mode) it will identify the specific location you tested to.

i~_v5lKMy.png

But let's try Speedtest.net and Nperf.com to LA which are multithread testers....results a ton better.   The speedtest.net was run on their Flash version; the Nperf.com uses HTML5.

Speedtest.net Result

6611567226.png

Nperf.com Result

Capture.JPG.847f6df105b290e1aa2f2c1976209254.JPG