3bb vs ais fiber vs true online ( fttx)

primacybkk

2 hours ago, muratremix said:

Can you turn off / turn on your router modem and try tests again?

Perhaps 3BB sets a lower bw ratio for 100Mbps fttx fiber users? 200/50 users seems to be getting pretty good results.

44.5 on the singpore hosts now up from 26 after a modem reboot. Is it worth paying the 350/mo more for 200mbps over 100mbps? I am not particularly downloading many files just want a good speed for normal connections and lower latency. Getting 39.3 MBPS now on singapore servers w/ singapore VPN

4 minutes ago, markcm19 said:

44.5 on the singpore hosts now up from 26 after a modem reboot. Is it worth paying the 350/mo more for 200mbps over 100mbps? I am not particularly downloading many files just want a good speed for normal connections and lower latency. Getting 39.3 MBPS now on singapore servers w/ singapore VPN

Well, 44.5Mb is quite a bit better than you earlier post and, but still seems significantly below what you should be getting on a 3BB 100Mb plan based on results I see in the testmy.net database where other people on 100Mb or 200Mb plans are testing to Singapore.

2 hours ago, markcm19 said:

I get 20 Mbps on 50/20 vdsl 3bb to singapore. After a while, they limit my speed to 8-10 Mbps. Then I reset modem or disconnect/reconnect and my speed is back to 20 Mbps again. Thats why I recommended a reboot/restart for speedtest.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi All, I just read thru this threat a bit because I am about to move into a condo here in Bangkok, a fairly new one -- Blocs 77 in On Nut. I'm looking to get really strong wifi, something upwards of 75MBPS. The 3BB 200 MB down package is really interesting to me. I have seen several people mention that it is unlikely getting that advertised speed due to wiring used in the apartment building, computer specifications and other reasons. Can anyone explain like I'm 5 what I need to do if I want to get 3bb and actually achieve close to 200 megs down. Thanks

32 minutes ago, dubyadee said:

Hi All, I just read thru this threat a bit because I am about to move into a condo here in Bangkok, a fairly new one -- Blocs 77 in On Nut. I'm looking to get really strong wifi, something upwards of 75MBPS. The 3BB 200 MB down package is really interesting to me. I have seen several people mention that it is unlikely getting that advertised speed due to wiring used in the apartment building, computer specifications and other reasons. Can anyone explain like I'm 5 what I need to do if I want to get 3bb and actually achieve close to 200 megs down. Thanks

The 3bb 200mbps package that you are referring to is only available on "fibre to the home". That means where the fibre optic cable comes directly into your house. As a rule that is only possible in a house or ground floor dwelling.

Normally in condos the fibre optic cable will terminate at a junction box somewhere in the condo building. From there the signal is distributed over normal phone lines using VDSL technology. That can still be pretty fast for download speeds but not 200mbps. More like 50mbps, I think. Maybe a bit higher than that.

In any case you will probably only be able to choose from the ISP's that are already servicing your condo. So the management office is the best place to start.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A few internet providers will apparently go up to around 75Mb with VDSL in a building "if" they service that building.   

But regardless, a person is going to be limited to the internet provider(s) servicing his highrise condo.   A person could really, really want 3BB but if 3BB don't service his building he's just SOL; instead, he'll need to go with the provider(s) that does service his building.   Best to find out what provider(s) service a building "first" and then decide on the provider and package you want.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:20 PM, dubyadee said:

I'm not familiar with your building, but Google images look like it's new?  If so, there is a slim possibility it is set up for FTTH.  But, as @Pib said, you probably will be restricted in the choice of ISPs that can install service in the building.  I happen to live in an older condo in Jomtien, but they allowed a local cable company (TMN) to install fiber equipment and they ran a continuous-fibre cable right up to my living room wall, so it *is* possible in some cases to get true FTTH to a higher-floor condo unit.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 9:01 PM, Pib said:

Today I flashed AIS-provided Edimax (the freebie 2.4/5Ghz AC750 router) from its AIS Fibre specific firmware Ver V1.01 to the latest Edimax firmware V.1.30.   Gone is AIS Fibre as part of the firmware menu and I can now change to the 5 different modes versus only 2 with the AIS firmware.   And I have additional settings like Firewall, QoS, and a few others when in router mode.

I used the procedure found at this Pantip webpage (Thai language only and you need to use Google Translate for a half-ass translation).   My firmware menu now looks like the picture posted at the Pantip webpage.  

You "can not" update the firmware from the Upgrade firmware in the menu because you will just get a "Invalid File Format" when trying to load/install the firmware file.  When googling I saw this was a common problem even with other Edimax models.  When using the procedure at the Pantip page you end up getting to a special "Firmware Recovery Menu" which "will" accept the exact same firmware file which is rejected as Invalid File Format if trying the upgrade in the basic firmware menu area.   Now, having to use the Firmware Recovery Menu and just trying to reach that point is not for the faint of heart.

Can you share any details on this procedure?

I've been trying the various methods outlined on pantip, and other Thai web-pages, but cannot get an active ethernet connection from the Edimax to my notebook.

I just followed the general guidance on the pantip page and somehow got it done....memory cells really don't remember too many specifics now.  

When you say you can not get an active Ethernet connection are you connecting directly to Edimax WAN port or one of the LAN ports?   Or trying to reach the Edimax after it's hooked to the primarily router provided by AIS?   You should connect directly to the Edimax...try both the WAN port...if that don't work try a LAN port.

If I remember right I downloaded the latest the firmware to my computer "first."  Then I connected directly to the Edimax....primarily router not in the loop anywhere.   Somehow I got to the Edimax "edimax.setup" webpage and then it was just a matter of uploading/installing the latest firmware.

You will not have an IP connection to the big wide internet world; only to Edimax just in case you mean my active connection including an IP address out on the web.

The appendix IV Iof the Edimax manual talks about reaching the Edimax which concentrates on finding it's IP address.  Since the AIS-specific firmware changed the IP address to reach the Edimax since its set the Edimax up for Access Point mode with the AIS firmware.

http://us.edimax.com/edimax/mw/cufiles/files/download/manual/BR-6208AC_User_Manual_English.pdf

I have already downloaded and extracted the 1.30 bin.

I can put the Edimax into firmware mode successfully.

I have tried both the WAN port, and all four LAN ports, with a known, good, working ethernet cable directly attached to a notebook PC.

I tried modifying the IP4 stack as described 192.168.2.10, and then tried connecting using a browser pointed to 192.168.2.1 (along with many variations).

My ethernet indicator (light near the port) never shows as connected.

Thank you for the link to that version of the user's manual; I was using a different one which did not have that information.

I'll give it another go, and follow up.

Thanks very much.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

I just followed the general guidance on the pantip page and somehow got it done....memory cells really don't remember too many specifics now.  

When you say you can not get an active Ethernet connection are you connecting directly to Edimax WAN port or one of the LAN ports?   Or trying to reach the Edimax after it's hooked to the primarily router provided by AIS?   You should connect directly to the Edimax...try both the WAN port...if that don't work try a LAN port.

If I remember right I downloaded the latest the firmware to my computer "first."  Then I connected directly to the Edimax....primarily router not in the loop anywhere.   Somehow I got to the Edimax "edimax.setup" webpage and then it was just a matter of uploading/installing the latest firmware.

You will not have an IP connection to the big wide internet world; only to Edimax just in case you mean my active connection including an IP address out on the web.

The appendix IV Iof the Edimax manual talks about reaching the Edimax which concentrates on finding it's IP address.  Since the AIS-specific firmware changed the IP address to reach the Edimax since its set the Edimax up for Access Point mode with the AIS firmware.

http://us.edimax.com/edimax/mw/cufiles/files/download/manual/BR-6208AC_User_Manual_English.pdf

Can you still use port forwarding with thddns.net after upgrading firmware? Or it was never related to modem/router and it works with custom/different brand routers aswell?

1 hour ago, muratremix said:

Can you still use port forwarding with thddns.net after upgrading firmware? Or it was never related to modem/router and it works with custom/different brand routers aswell?

We are talking about a secondary device from AIS, a multi-function dual-band wifi router which AIS gives us for free, most use it in a mode which allows us to extend connectivity.

We are not talking about re-flashing the firmware of the AIS fiber modem (Huawei HG8245H in my case). Although that might be a nice thing to do, potentially.

I was able to re-flash my Edimax; I uninstalled my network adapters on my notebook, re-started, they re-installed and then I had connectivity. Really simple to do once I sorted out the ethernet connection.

4 hours ago, muratremix said:

I couldn't say....I don't use port forwarding.  After getting the latest firmware installed I put it into Access Point mode...it's hooked to the AIS-provided primary router.

I will work as a normal router if desired...keep it in Router mode for mode options if desired.

Edited by Pib

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I was able to re-flash my Edimax; I uninstalled my network adapters on my notebook, re-started, they re-installed and then I had connectivity. Really simple to do once I sorted out the ethernet connection.

Glad it worked out.   It went pretty simple for me also...I just didn't have the ethernet connectivity issued you had.  Sometime ethernet and Wifi connectivity problems can be very strange problem.

Like when the Win 10 "1703 Creaters" update installed on one of my Lenovo laptops I could no longer make a 5Ghz connection to an ASUS Access Point which I used most of the time...but I could connect to the ASUS AP 2.4Ghz channel and the Edimax 2.4 and 5Ghz channels.   On this ASUS AP I had the 5Ghz channel set to the upper 5Ghz band  channel (ch 149) vs in the lower band....if I remember right when changing the channel to a lower band change I could see and make a connection....just like I could make a connection to the Edimax lower band 5Ghz channel.  I turned off-on the ASUS router...just turned off-on my computer, AIS primary router, just anything involved...didn't help.  I then did a couple of things at the same time (rather one by one) like reloading my computer's Wifi driver plus another thing I can't remember right now and now my computer could see/connect to the ASUS 5Ghz channel which I had last set to a channel in the lower band before attempting the latest fixes.   I set the ASUS AP 5Ghz back up into the upper channel area and my computer could still see it/connect to it....problem fixed...back to normal.  

From some googling I saw lots of other people experienced weird Wifi connection problems when 1703 installed and the people fixed the problems in a variety of ways....some reinstalled Wifi drivers, some did this or that, probably several ways to fix the issue.  

I am using the Edimax in Wireless Bridge mode, so TV, Playbox and Android box on wired ethernet to the Edimax, then WiFi connection to the AIS Fiber router. 

With each device connected via WiFi I was lucky to get ~ 15/3, now I'm getting ~ 75/10 (my plan is 100/10) on each device. Works really well.

Edimax_WB.jpg

The major limiting factor for this particular Edimax model is its 100mb WAN/LAN ports vs having 1000Mb/gigabit ports.  But hey, it's a low cost router and was a freebie from AIS to supplement for 5Ghz band purposes if needed the primary AIS router.  Even if the Wifi bridge mode could deliver 100Mb or more from your primary router to the Edimax, its the Edimax 100Mb LAN ports/circuitry that create a chokepoint if a person is trying to achieve a 100Mb or higher speed connection.

As mentioned before I only use the Edimax in "Access Point" Wifi mode in order to have a strong 5Ghz band signal upstairs in my house since the primary AIS router provided (also upstairs) was only a 2.4Ghz band router.   The best speedtest I can pull using a Edimax 5Ghz connection is around 95Mb...whether the source is my AIS 100/10 plan or my home server able to deliver a much higher speed than 100Mb.

But go down stairs and use my ASUS Access Point 5Ghz band signal and I can pull 102Mb on my AIS 100/10 plan.  I have a long ethernet cable from the primarily AIS provided primary router upstairs going downstairs to my ASUS Access point.    Since the AIS primary router and my ASUS AP have 1000Mb/gigabit ports I don't experience the speed chokepoint of a 100Mb ethernet port like on the Edimax.

Speedtest Bangkok to Bangkok using Edimax 5Ghz Wifi connection

CaptureEdimax.JPG.02c1872d93dec9b3a85b4314953eb4ec.JPG

Speetest Bangkok to Bangkok using ASUS 5Ghz Wifi connection

CaptureASUS.JPG.5122dd898271da9b78ee65bd57ff07bb.JPG

Even if the Wifi bridge mode could deliver 100Mb or more from your primary router to the Edimax

My broadband service is 100/10, and while I often get ~ 105 in speedtests, my limiting factor is my WAN service, rather than the ethernet ports on the Edimax..

I don't need to higher LAN speeds within my network for this particular set of applications, so it's fine for me, for now. 

If I did need GB speeds I'd probably run cable, as I do within my network directly from the AIS fiber router for certain applications.

What the friend probably meant was he lived in a highrise where AIS Fibre only provided a max plan speed of 50Mb VDSL.  It's fibre optics to the building where it's converted to VDSL at the ground floor level and then feed via current building phone/DSL wiring to his condo/apartment.  The 50Mb limitation is caused by the building wiring (i.e, must use phone/DSL wire already installed in the building as it does not have fibre optics in the building).  AIS now offers up to 75Mb via VDSL "depending" on building wiring.   

I have AIS Fibre all the way to my house/router (no VDSL) and I'm on their 100Mb plan.  Could go to their 1000Mb plan if I wanted to pay the price.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dubyadee said:

A friend of mine mentioned that the stock router that AIS installs for customers only has 50mbps down capability. Anyone know if that's true?

I think AIS Fiber installs several makes and models of fiber modem, for customers who have a fiber run all the way into their home.

I think any fiber modem they provision is capable of supporting the subscribed package.

I have a Huawei HG8245H fiber modem, with the 100/10 service (899 baht/month plus VAT) and I get download speeds ~ 102-ish.

The AIS terms and conditions say,

New AIS Fibre subscribers has permission to borrow Dual Band Wi-Fi Router that support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency increase efficiency improvements for any packages for condominium and up to 50/10 Mbps package for Fibre to the Home. Subscribe 1-31 May 2017

Package 100/10 Mbps for Fibre to the Home only.

So assume PIB's interpretation of what your friend mentioned is correct.

I assume that if you wanted to pay for a home-run of fiber to a high-rise apt/condo you could get 100/10?

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's some examples from my home of how much difference there can be between using 3BB's 200/50 Mbps plan via direct ethernet vs. using it via N wifi from 3BB's standard-issue HG8245G Wifi N router.

As I mentioned above and the tests below show, in my experience, N wifi simply isn't going to keep pace with a 200 Mbps internet service. But I use my own AC standard wifi router instead, and the performance gap between ethernet and wifi narrows considerably.

3BB Speedtest with 3BB direct ethernet

3BB Speedtest-ethernet direct.jpg

3BB Speedtest with 3BB Wifi N router

3BB Speedtest-Wifi N.jpg

ADSL Thailand Speedtest with 3BB direct ethernet

ADSLThai-ethernet direct.jpg

ADSL Thailand Speedtest with 3BB Wifi N router

ADSLThai-Wifi N.jpg

TOT Speedtest with 3BB direct ethernet

TOT Speedtest-ethernet direct.jpg

TOT Speedtest with 3BB Wifi N router

TOTSpeedtest-Wifi N.jpg

Speedtest.net Speedtest with 3BB direct ethernet

Speedtest-net-ethernet direct.jpg

Speedtest.net Speedtest with 3BB Wifi N router

Speedtest-net-Wifi N.jpg

Sorry, just realized this was last year

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Edited by arunah

4 minutes ago, arunah said:

Anyone give a heads up on best option for good EU and US DL speeds, want to access IPTV, which I am struggling to with CSLoxinfo. 

ISP packages plus any info on VPN would be grateful

Edited by arunah

1 hour ago, arunah said:

Anyone give a heads up on best option for good EU and US DL speeds, want to access IPTV, which I am struggling to with CSLoxinfo. 

ISP packages plus any info on VPN would be grateful

A lot depends on where you live, and what internet providers and types of services are available there.

But in general, I'd say any of the 100+ Mbps fiber internet plans offered by 3BB or AIS ought to provide enough horsepower for international streaming from the U.S. or EU. Use devices connected by ethernet if possible, or if not, at least use a good wifi router and receiving devices with AC wifi.

Re VPNs, there are lots of different opinions and experiences. I can vouch for Astrill. Other people like and use Express VPN. There are many others.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A lot depends on where you live, and what internet providers and types of services are available there.

But in general, I'd say any of the 100+ Mbps fiber internet plans offered by 3BB or AIS ought to provide enough horsepower for international streaming from the U.S. or EU. Use devices connected by ethernet if possible, or if not, at least use a good wifi router and receiving devices with AC wifi.

Re VPNs, there are lots of different opinions and experiences. I can vouch for Astrill. Other people like and use Express VPN. There are many others.

Thank s for the reply.

I mam in a condo in central Bangkok. The building is around 5 years old and currently CSloxinfo 80mbps DL is not providing me with a stable connection to EU IPTV.

I would be looking for a VPN to provide me with maximum speeds to EU and US, that is stable for my IPTV.

Cheers

Getting a good internet connection for streaming depends on a chain of different elements, and any one of them can be a weak link that spoils your streaming -- a poor wifi router, a slow ISP and/or a slow VPN. You need to try to ensure that all those pieces are functioning as best as possible.

If by being in a condo you mean one of the many high rises, one of the challenges with that is oftentimes, the ISPs won't run fiber direct to your unit if you're on a floor above ground level and/or the building itself has some kind of exclusive arrangement where they'll only allow one chosen ISP to serve their building. I don't think CSLoxInfo is on anyone's list of the best/fasted Thai ISPs.

In the cases where your unit is above ground level in a high rise condo, the ISPs will often only run fiber into a main junction in the building, and then run slower VDSL from the junction to individual units. In those cases, the maximum speeds via VDSL usually top out at about 50 Mbps, much slower than that's possible with full fiber.

Still, the bottom line is, even for HD streaming, all you really need is a stable 5 Mbps connection to your US or EU endpoints (which is an entirely different and separate matter than the ISPs' rated plan speeds of 100 Mbps or 200 Mbps, which only apply to DOMESTIC Thai connections). The stable 5 Mbps international connection is certainly do-able here, but you need all the chain parts working optimally.

Seems like for starters, you need to check around your building or with building management about whether you can obtain internet service from fiber providers like 3BB or AIS in your building. You can also usually get the same answer by contacting the ISPs directly with your residence address and/or using the service checker mapping functions they have on their websites.

Also, what kind of device(s) are you trying to stream to? And are you doing so via a direct Ethernet connection with your existing internet or via wifi? And if wifi, what kind of wifi router are you using, N, AC, 2.4 or 5 GHz???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3BB FTTH 200/100 for 1,200 baht/month is hard to beat. I'd probably switch my personal account from AIS to 3BB if it were available.

We've got quite a few customers on this plan and haven't heard a peep in ages re: problems. I did check some speeds remotely; typically 220/115 locally; 175/80 to testmynet in SG.

They also offer POTs (and/or FAX) services, with on 02 number, 49 satang/min calling; I think this service is 49 baht/month extra. They have some very limited free local streaming TV as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Getting a good internet connection for streaming depends on a chain of different elements, and any one of them can be a weak link that spoils your streaming -- a poor wifi router, a slow ISP and/or a slow VPN. You need to try to ensure that all those pieces are functioning as best as possible.

If by being in a condo you mean one of the many high rises, one of the challenges with that is oftentimes, the ISPs won't run fiber direct to your unit if you're on a floor above ground level and/or the building itself has some kind of exclusive arrangement where they'll only allow one chosen ISP to serve their building. I don't think CSLoxInfo is on anyone's list of the best/fasted Thai ISPs.

In the cases where your unit is above ground level in a high rise condo, the ISPs will often only run fiber into a main junction in the building, and then run slower VDSL from the junction to individual units. In those cases, the maximum speeds via VDSL usually top out at about 50 Mbps, much slower than that's possible with full fiber.

Still, the bottom line is, even for HD streaming, all you really need is a stable 5 Mbps connection to your US or EU endpoints (which is an entirely different and separate matter than the ISPs' rated plan speeds of 100 Mbps or 200 Mbps, which only apply to DOMESTIC Thai connections). The stable 5 Mbps international connection is certainly do-able here, but you need all the chain parts working optimally.

Seems like for starters, you need to check around your building or with building management about whether you can obtain internet service from fiber providers like 3BB or AIS in your building. You can also usually get the same answer by contacting the ISPs directly with your residence address and/or using the service checker mapping functions they have on their websites.

Also, what kind of device(s) are you trying to stream to? And are you doing so via a direct Ethernet connection with your existing internet or via wifi? And if wifi, what kind of wifi router are you using, N, AC, 2.4 or 5 GHz???

Again, thank you for your detailed response.

I will be at the mercy of the VDSL from ground floor to 38th floor. The building will allow any of the providers, so from your comment about lox I am assuming they are not the best? Who would you suggest from 3BB or AIS? I have had poor customer sales service from 3BB, they were unable to answer basic question after taking 3 days to reply. AIS seems more responsive.

I am using TP Link Archer VR400 Router, connected to an Minix Android box via Ethernet

3 hours ago, arunah said:

Again, thank you for your detailed response.

I will be at the mercy of the VDSL from ground floor to 38th floor. The building will allow any of the providers, so from your comment about lox I am assuming they are not the best? Who would you suggest from 3BB or AIS? I have had poor customer sales service from 3BB, they were unable to answer basic question after taking 3 days to reply. AIS seems more responsive.

I am using TP Link Archer VR400 Router, connected to an Minix Android box via Ethernet

By various member reports here, AIS fiber is a very good service. Technically and pricewise, so is 3BB.

Whether the customer service staff you get at any particular service location know how to do anything other than check FB on their phones is the eternal question in Thailand. With either of them, you can always call their main phone number, choose English, and talk to the staff there about packages, pricing, details, etc.

Re your router, it looks to be a dual band, 1200 AC capable router -- more than sufficient for the internet services you'll be getting and of handling video streaming. The fact you're connecting the router to your device by Ethernet effectively eliminated wifi as any potential cause for your streaming problems, making your current CSLoxInfo service the more likely candidate.

Have you tried video streaming with your current setup using a Thailand-based or cached resource to see what happens compared to when you attempt US or EU streaming? Pick a 1080P HD Thai music video on YouTube and try to play that without any VPN involved. Then pick some 1080P HD video that you know is originating from the U.S. or EU, again with no VPN, and see what happens in each case. Then stream the same U.S. or EU video WITH your current VPN. That would help narrow down the cause further.

Hi guys,

I haven't read through all 34 pages to be perfectly honest but I was wondering if we have confirmation that Thai ISPs participate in throttling during peak hours e.g. in the evening?

I am subscribed to a FiberPlanet 100/50MBit package and use a SmartDNS service for streaming US netflix and Zattoo on my AppleTV. While I am getting crystal clear HD during the day I noticed a fallback to SD most of the times in the evenings from ~7PM - ~11PM. The only solution for me is to connect to a Thailand VPN first and use the SmartDNS on top of it. 

Another interesting thing I noticed today:

I realized earlier today that my throughput dropped to ~30/15Mbit to a local Bangkok server on Speedtest.net for reasons which are unknown to me. I called PlanetFiber and they rechecked configurations at their end. Now I have my 100/50Mbit back (without connected to VPN) but at the same time my ping response time increased to e.g. Singapore VPN server from previously ~55ms to now 170ms; similar results to Hong Kong VPN server. As a result, my throughput is lower when using non-Thailand VPN servers. I am really not sure what they have done but I am not a happy chap right now. ?

Unfortunately my condo only offers internet services from PlanetFiber or True. Planet Fiber's website is http://www.planet-fiber.com/?lang=en

I hope I haven't hijacked the thread here ;-)

P.S.: I am using NordVPN

Regards,

Sambo

Edited by Sambora

22 minutes ago, Sambora said:

Hi guys,

I haven't read through all 34 pages to be perfectly honest but I was wondering if we have confirmation that Thai ISPs participate in throttling during peak hours e.g. in the evening?

Sure....ISPs engage in data shaping (i.e., throttling) but they are not going to give you specifics as to how and what they throttle.  1800 to 2400 is a peak use period (everyone home from work and school using the internet) which means more users sharing bandwidth.   And there are factors beyond throttling that can reduce speed such as more users online sharing limited bandwidth, not having/buying enough international bandwidth, local circuits overloaded, etc.   Here's how a couple of major Thai ISPs beat around the bush in saying such (pardon the not-so-good google translation:

True

Disclaimer True online and disclaimer • Check the service area • download from overseas during 18.00 - 24.00 hrs. A density applications. Speed of Service may result in reduced signal • Speed connection. Is the speed of the computer connected to the network, not the actual download speeds. The international site May depend on several factors, such as internal cables of the subscriber. Computer Devices including servers and routers of the sites users visit and other factors.

AIS Fibre

• The internet service uses shared speed for downloading and uploading; therefore, the connectivity speed and quality may vary due to the number of subscribers and amount of data being transferred in the subscriber’s area/zone. The internet speed of the subscriber’s selected package can also be affected by the distance between the fibre aggregation node and the subscriber’s router spot, the router quality, and the router capability, including the visited website server , especially for foreign websites.
    • The daily high traffic peak period is from 18.00 to 24.00; therefore, the package speed may be affected.
    • To prevent and avoid any usage that affects other subscribers according to the NBTC* Fair Use Policy, the Company reserves the right to change usage terms and conditions for fair usage and for the mutual benefit of all subscribers. 
      *NBTC = National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission of Thailand