I F#%ed Up, Now What?

I first entered Thailand without a visa and got the automatic 30 days, I then made one visarun for another 30 days. I am now on a 2day visit to Singapore and my intentions were to seek a 2month tourist visa, instead I overslept and was told at the embassy that they only accept visa applications in the morning and that it could not be finished the same day. So if I leave my application tomorrow I would need to extend my stay until Monday to get the visa which I don't want to do. Instead I will make this another 30 day visarun.

Now my question is: Can I risk leaving all my stuff in a hotel in Thailand and go abroad to seek a tourist visa after a 90 day stay? My flight back to sweden goes from Thailand so it would be a disaster making another run to Singapore and not getting any kind of visa granted. How likely am I to get any kind of visa granted?

BTW: I first entered Thailand 29th September ie before the new law came into effect, does this make a differense?

Edited by Dayfly

I first entered Thailand without a visa and got the automatic 30 days, I then made one visarun for another 30 days. I am now on a 2day visit to Singapore and my intentions were to seek a 2month tourist visa, instead I overslept and was told at the embassy that they only accept visa applications in the morning and that it could not be finished the same day. So if I leave my application tomorrow I would need to extend my stay until Monday to get the visa which I don't want to do. Instead I will make this another 30 day visarun.

Now my question is: Can I risk leaving all my stuff in a hotel in Thailand and go abroad to seek a tourist visa after a 90 day stay? My flight back to sweden goes from Thailand so it would be a disaster making another run to Singapore and not getting any kind of visa granted. How likely am I to get any kind of visa granted?

BTW: I first entered Thailand 29th September ie before the new law came into effect, does this make a differense?

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get that visa. But I can't think off much else besides getting out before the 90 day end so you can still get back in if you can't ge the visa. At least, I assume that you can still get back in for the remaining days left of the 90 day total. But get someone else to confirm that this is possible. Not completly sure with all that new crap going on.

Good luck anyway.

I think your odds are pretty good of getting a TV in singapore. If you have never gotten a TV there before then probably worst case they would give you single and tell you not to come back.

I would definitely dress appropriately and have good manners.

If you got shot down in Sg then you could take a bus to KL and then it would be almost 100%. I think the busses are about 40 ringgit each way which is around 400 baht. Around 4 hours travel time I think each way.

Let us know what you decide and what happens

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

I think you would have better luck getting a tourist visa in Penang, unless you have been there many times before. It is easy to get 1 year Non Immigrant visas in Singapore if you qualify but Penang is alot less hassel free when it comes to issuing toursit visas. Singapore seems to check over tourist visa applications alot more than other embassies/ consulates in the region. But if you havent got a tourist visa from singapore before or recently, you should be fine.