to many visa stamps

i have been coming in and out for the last year on 30 day tourists visas and getting a 30 day extension but have now been told at airport and khon karn that i cant get another 30 day visa.

have been told better to fly out and in or to go get a 60day visa from another country then fly back.visa finishes at end of this month any help or ideas would be great 

many thanks

There is no 30 day tourist visa. You have been getting visa exempt entries.

You should get a single entry tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigration.

You can apply for it in Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia. It is also available in a few other location also.

• Like 1

If you have been admitted with a thirty day visa exemption or with a 60 day Tourist visa it is very unlikely that Khon Kaen immigration would refuse a 30 day extension of stay. 

If you have been using many visa exempt entries (they are not visas) I am not surprised if immigration are now telling you to get a proper Tourist visa (SETV)

Edited by Fithman

5 minutes ago, Fithman said:

If you have been admitted with a thirty day visa exemption or with a 60 day Tourist visa it is very unlikely that Khon Kaen immigration would refuse a 30 day extension of stay. 

I think he may of been writing about the crossing at Koh Kong.

yes sorry for spelling i did mean khon kaen immigration office so i need to know where to go or what would be best as i need stay here till i can sort out my retirement visa which i cant do untill i have last visit to uk hospital.so any help would be great 

thanks

Edited by sonfi
spelling

3 hours ago, sonfi said:

sorry maybe i was not clear

i got a 30 day extension from khon kaen immigration but they told me i had too many and if i did border run again that they would say no 

Which is why they and the posters above have advised you to get an actual visa from a Thai embassy or consulate in a nearby country.

If you intend to apply for an extension based on retirement (there is no retirement visa although the non-imm O-A is often called that). you will eventually need a non-imm O or O-A entry, either by getting one of those two visas at an embassy ot consulate or applying to immigrations for a conversion of entry. You won't be able to go directly from a visa exempt entry to an extension (not a visa) based on retirement.

So what are the number of visa exempt entries allowed?

It has been made so difficult in the U.K to obtain a 60 day visa, that many people revert to using the 30 day VE entry.  Consulates no longer accept postal entries, and one has to trek to London to apply for a visa, then another journey on a different day to collect it.  Not everyone has the luxury of the time required to spend on that exercise !

2 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

The "limit" on Visa Exempt entries is deliberately left unknown, so there is no way to know when/if you have crossed the line.

But you can get a Single Entry Tourist Visa from neighboring countries.  The easiest places to apply are Penang, Vientiene, or Savanakhet.  You apply in the morning of the first day, and retrieve it on the afternoon of the second day.

7 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

It has been made so difficult in the U.K to obtain a 60 day visa, that many people revert to using the 30 day VE entry.  Consulates no longer accept postal entries, and one has to trek to London to apply for a visa, then another journey on a different day to collect it.  Not everyone has the luxury of the time required to spend on that exercise !

You can apply by post to the embassy. See: http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

25 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

SETV while u wait at Hull, Liverpool, Cardiff.

SETV by post from London.

SETV requirements very straightforward.

A lot easier to get SETV "Stuck In Middle Of UK" than "SIMOT".

Edited by Enoon

32 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The "limit" on Visa Exempt entries is deliberately left unknown, so there is no way to know when/if you have crossed the line.

It's deliberately left unknown so you will show up in Thailand and be refused entry until the Immigration officer extorts several thousand baht from you. 

4 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

just do what they told you, all problems are solved

go abroad and get the right visa from the Embassy of Thailand

I think you guys scared him away.

He sent me a message and is probably going to Vientiane or Savannakhet for a visa since he is in Koen Khen.

Yes...an airline acquaintance who has been coming in and out on 30-day Visa Exempt stamps for 20 years was allowed to enter this time, but was also told in no uncertain terms to get a Visa or next time entry would be DENIED. All with a friendly Thai Smile of course!

4 hours ago, cruisemonkey said:

The trouble with Thailand is the 'rules' for a maximum number of visa exempt entries do not exist - they are not stated or published. 

Indeed, and I have spent quite a bit of time trying to decide why. My conclusion is that they want to be able to change their mind on it, and apply different limits at different entry points. I do not think (as some claim) that it is to provide an opportunity for corruption. It is simply that ambiguity in the regulations allows them flexibility to react to unintended consequences that could come from rigid limits. For example, they may want the limit to be different for certain land borders that see visa exempt entries being abused.

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Indeed, and I have spent quite a bit of time trying to decide why. My conclusion is that they want to be able to change their mind on it, and apply different limits at different entry points. I do not think (as some claim) that it is to provide an opportunity for corruption. It is simply that ambiguity in the regulations allows them flexibility to react to unintended consequences that could come from rigid limits. For example, they may want the limit to be different for certain land borders that see visa exempt entries being abused.

The Immigration Officer you come face to face with has a great deal of "flexibility".

Learn that and respect it.

This happens world-wide.

On 10/20/2016 at 4:33 PM, cruisemonkey said:

It's deliberately left unknown so you will show up in Thailand and be refused entry until the Immigration officer extorts several thousand baht from you. 

Is this a fact ?

I have not heard of any reports of people having to bribe immigration officers to get VES .

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Is this a fact ?

I have not heard of any reports of people having to bribe immigration officers to get VES .

I think it may happen occasionally at a few land borders. However, it is not systematic, and I am pretty sure the rules are not designed to facilitate it.

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think it may happen occasionally at a few land borders. However, it is not systematic, and I am pretty sure the rules are not designed to facilitate it.

When I got flagged for having too many VES, the immigration officer at the booth said that he cannot deal with it and he would have to inform his superior .

His superior was called and dealt with it .

That measure will stop the immigration booth officer from asking for a bribe