MacKeeper. How do they do it?

watcharacters

I'm thinking this is one of the most pervasive sites I've ever seen on the internet.    I know from reading reviews on Apple forums that the chances  of this site being helpful are  slim to none and to add to that it's not  necessarily easy  to delete the embedded program.

I just looked up  some information on Yahoo Finance Board about a particular stock and low and behold, I see a  sponsored ad  for MacKeeper with an attractive female next to it.

It was buried withing articles about the Stock I  wanted to research

There seems to be no end to the vigilance one must have with the internet.

Please don't reply about Yahoo Finance board.   This is about a stinking malware or at least invasive program called MacKeeper    How on earth do they remain in business?

Can anyone tell me this is a good program and say they've  paid for it and been satisfied?  

Not about Yahoo Finance Board, please.

MacKeeper's spamvertising is despicable, with things like tab hijacking, popups or unethical redirects with saying YOUR MAC MAY BE INFECTED!!! or other fake virus scams.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2016/08/pup-friday-mackeeper/

And if anyone reading here was unfortunate enough to be duped into installing MacKeeper, you would be well-advised to remove it as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 10:32 AM, cheeryble said:

Amazes me that sites/providers allow Mackeeper on their pages.

Reflects very very badly on them.

Even if you’ve never installed the software on your own Mac, there’s a good chance that you’ve been unable to escape some of the grossly invasive advertising for it, popping up on a myriad of different websites. They’re the type of advertisements that look sketchy from the get-go, poking up from the bottom of your screen to cover part of a site’s content until you click it away.

For the most part, invasive advertising like that–especially when it appears in many corners of the web, should set off alarms about the integrity of the product being advertised. In the case of MacKeeper, those warnings are spot on.

http://pcloginonline.com/mackeeper-safe-scam/

• 1 month later...

Archived