Frozen E-Brake HELP

2011 Isuzu D-Max. Been lots of water lately and I made the mistake of setting the E-brake after going through some deep stuff. This has happened in the past, but a few pulls up and down on the brake handle, and or just putting it in gear brakes it free, but not today. Any simple solutions? Back yard mechanic tricks? Any advice much appreciated.

Kidd.

It will be the drum end.....Buy a tin of Sonax spay (similar WD40) from Tesco.....Spay around the area where the cable enters the drums....Leave it for 10 minutes then pull the handbrake lever up and down and hope it solves it.....If not take it to B-quik, they will take the drums off and free it......

Edited by transam

40 minutes ago, transam said:

It will be the drum end.....Buy a tin of Sonax spay (similar WD40) from Tesco.....Spay around the area where the cable enters the drums....Leave it for 10 minutes then pull the handbrake lever up and down and hope it solves it.....If not take it to B-quik, they will take the drums off and free it......

Okay, I'll give both of those a try and report back.

Much appreciated. Thanks

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd

I sprayed it with Sonax last night, but ran out of light. This morning still jammed up, but tapping on the outside of the drum through the wheel/covers I could tell it was the passenger side because it had a more dense ring to it. I gave that a good whack with a 3' wood pole and on the third bash it came free.

Thanks a lot guys. That made my day.

Kidd.