Prayuth wants no politics during national mourning

snoop1130

Prayuth wants no politics during national mourning

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201610181345226-20061002145931.jpg

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks to reporters on Tuesday at Government House in Bangkok

BANGKOK — The media should avoid writing about politics and instead focus on the work of the government in the aftermath of King Bhumibol’s death, junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha said Friday.

Calling for unity made at a public event at the Muang Thong Thani exhibition hall, Gen. Prayuth said Thailand must move forward from political infighting and continue the legacy of the late monarch, who died Oct. 13 at 88.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/10/21/prayuth-wants-no-politics-national-mourning/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-10-21

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

Some may say he wants no politics, ever. Just military men following his predictable, self interested abuse of irrational propaganda and ignorance towards the majority.

right, ... no politics, ... ever. Just me and absolute power. That's good enough.

Looks like the current sad situation is going to be used to justify and, excuse etc. many things,  as it suits.

He's using this to play to the Thai peoples wish to respect the King's memory but they can be sure the junta will operate as usual.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Seems to me that signing off on that bill to Yingluck just a day prior the event was oddly convenient for Prayuth. I wonder how many other major agreements or government legal papers were signed the day before the event and in the days right after. Now he makes a statement basically like all his previous ones during his time controlling. Usually he just says shut up but this time he has better manners. Personally, I don't think those affected are going to shut up for him if they feel Prayuth is using the current time to abuse them. If this time is important for their future, they deserve the right to protect themselves however they must.

SORRY Excuse me General. You are already using this moment in time. You were asking in a political statement  all Thais to join your political party and move forward in honour of his worship. Why ? They may wish to move forward with a real PM. One elected via themselves . Yes it is never goIng to happen. 

HE is taking every opportunity to kill all media and to center the world around his amazing non reforming political party. His asked for a 20 year reform. 20 years please are you honestly well. You could have already reformed the police in 6 months.  Stop the games. Yes we no elections are not even worth running.

So often I heard Thais say "politics is bad. No good to talk about politics"

No, no, no. 'Politicians' are bad. That's pretty much true everywhere. 'Politics' on the other hand is very important and should be talked about often. Opinions don't change facts, but facts can change opinions. 

A society who cannot talk or discuss social and political matters is a society who'll never develop. 

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

So often I heard Thais say "politics is bad. No good to talk about politics"

No, no, no. 'Politicians' are bad. That's pretty much true everywhere. 'Politics' on the other hand is very important and should be talked about often. Opinions don't change facts, but facts can change opinions. 

A society who cannot talk or discuss social and political matters is a society who'll never develop. 

Truth is this Thais of the lower class who hold the total of the population have no idea about what's going on. So they name there lack of knowledge bad. They simply do not vote or really even care. Laziness. Thainess.

Edited by performance
Spell check

1 hour ago, performance said:

Truth is this Thais of the lower class who hold the total of the population have no idea about what's going on. So they name there lack of knowledge bad. They simply do not vote or really even care. Laziness. Thainess.

Like people all over the world, some of the "lower class" here don't know, understand or care. I think most of them do, it is after all transparently obvious what the agenda of the junta is. Their apparent apathy is because they are disenfranchised, and liable, if they step out of political line, to summary detention and worse by a junta which is led by soldiers who have in recent years proved their willingness to kill in order to retain power.

I've said before, don't confuse such acquiescence with acceptance of or support for this regime.

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

Like people all over the world, some of the "lower class" here don't know, understand or care. I think most of them do, it is after all transparently obvious what the agenda of the junta is. Their apparent apathy is because they are disenfranchised, and liable, if they step out of political line, to summary detention and worse by a junta which is led by soldiers who have in recent years proved their willingness to kill in order to retain power.

I've said before, don't confuse such acquiescence with acceptance of or support for this regime.

They did not stand up they coward and allowed them rape the Constitution. it's like letting someone rape your wife. I rather die fighting. 

As usual, comments overly focus on the surface. This has nothing to do with what appears in the surface, it's all to do with the big picture unstated real objectives.

The sequence of such is panning out as predicted, with the key uncontrolled but enorrrrrrrrmous singular event having occurred, and now the next sequence of controlled events coming into view.

Tick tock.

Despite all our rational whinging at all things Thai, you have to applauded the Thais for being so consistently Thais, as only Thais can be. For that they truly are world leaders and hub of all such matters.

R E S P E C T

Wait, all ye, for the next round, ding ding, is it CT time? That an obscure reference, but if you get it, you'll know why.

1 hour ago, performance said:

That opinion is probably at least 20 years out of date. Cast your mid back about ten years when the Bankokers said only one in ten Issan votes should count because the people were stupid.

What they hadn't remembered was that these 'stupid' people had learned to read and absorb information. The outcome was then predictable.