May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

Just now, Khun Han said:

Wow! We've found someone (a scientist, no less) who's never heard of HIV or HCV!!!

Brexit is, in large part, a retreat from the unaccepteable face of globalism. The stuff about big pharma and pandemics (as touched upon by Mark Zuckerberg in the linked article) is a good example of the very unaccepteable face of globalism.

I do not know what HCV is; should I? Is it a compound of hydrogen, Carbon and Vanadium? Do enlighten me...

Now I understand your point. You feel Brexit was a retreat against globalisation. Yes, I can see that.

Of course the bizarre thing is that the Brexiteers are blowing the trumpet for increased globalisation? No?

Personally, I don't think it is possible to put the cork back in the globalisation bottle. Zuckerberg is part of that! You may be able to control global trade but what about IPR (if you'll excuse the TLA!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I do not know what HCV is; should I? Is it a compound of hydrogen, Carbon and Vanadium? Do enlighten me...

Now I understand your point. You feel Brexit was a retreat against globalisation. Yes, I can see that.

Of course the bizarre thing is that the Brexiteers are blowing the trumpet for increased globalisation? No?

Personally, I don't think it is possible to put the cork back in the globalisation bottle. Zuckerberg is part of that! You may be able to control global trade but what about IPR (if you'll excuse the TLA!)

I now see that you are probably referring to hepatitis C virus? I am not a physician.

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Did you bother to read the linked article? Zuckerberg was making the case that globalisation will help cure pandemics. I pointed out that it's actually hindering it.

1 hour ago, jpinx said:

Some people call "fake" about the landings on the moon too.  Only a complete imbecile missed the follow-up on iraq when USA admitted that they actually did not have evidnece but made some stuff up, persuaded EU and Uk to join in, and then launched a global war.  To describe it as anything less than criminal is to fly in the face of facts which were well published a long time ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/06/spy-agencies-flawed-information-saddam-wmds-iraq-chilcot

Get back on topic, ignore that heathland bird for the idiot it is and focus on how we're going to get these negotiations back on track and avoid the attempts to de-rail Brext at every twist and turn.  I talk to people all over europe and the general educated opinion is that it's only a question of time before Brexit, and they all, to a man, agree that EU will need a massive overhaul, but they just can't get off mama's teat.

"USA admitted that they actually did not have evidnece but made some stuff up, persuaded EU and Uk to join in, and then launched a global war"

So who made what up?

Clearly Iraq was the wrong decision 

Sorry, am I still a leftie? I lose track ?

On 2/17/2017 at 1:41 PM, Khun Han said:

That scumbag should be in Europe alright: being tried for war crimes in The Hague. You would have thought the deal for letting him get away with mass murder would involve him keeping a low profile and his mouth shut. Shows how desperate his globalist friends are becoming, that he's being allowed to pipe up.

I'm pretty sure that Blair's 'friends' realise that he's extremely unpopular, and would far prefer he kept quiet....

Blair seems to think he's loved by Brits, and that they are ready to act on his 'pearls of wisdom' :shock1:.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grouse said:

Aren't you being slightly over the top? A little moderation would be civilised don't you think? With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, Iraq was a disaster. Didn't seem quite so obvious at the time I suspect....

It was v obvious at the time - although I agree that most couldn't see the ridiculousness of his 'argument' about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction that threatened Britain :sad:.

Proud to say that I've never said "told you so" to those who argued against me on this :smile:.

It wasn't the first time Britain was called the US's lap dog - but it was the most obvious IMO.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Brexit is, in large part, a retreat from the unaccepteable face of globalism.

I apologise for deleting so much of your post - but agree with this entirely - and its a facet that's been overlooked on these threads.

The poor and under-privileged realised a while ago that globalism is not in their interest - and those on average salaries are beginning to recognise that its not in their interest either.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I apologise for deleting so much of your post - but agree with this entirely - and its a facet that's been overlooked on these threads.

The poor and under-privileged realised a while ago that globalism is not in their interest - and those on average salaries are beginning to recognise that its not in their interest either.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was the whole point of Brexit for Britain to be a globalist player.

Boris Johnson: "Britain needs to be reshaped into a great global player"

Brexit will make UK more globalist, Theresa May says

or are some globalists different to other globalists?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was the whole point of Brexit for Britain to be a globalist player.

You misunderstand Andrew. Or maybe you're playing your debating games as usual? Brexit is about taking back control from foreign globalists. It's certainly not about isolationism.

By the way, why did you block me from your twitter? That's a bit cowardly, isn't it?

Just now, Khun Han said:

You misunderstand Andrew. Or maybe you're playing your debating games as usual? Brexit is about taking back control from foreign globalists. It's certainly not about isolationism.

By the way, why did you block me from your twitter? That's a bit cowardly, isn't it?

What globalists are you talking about that have this control? So now we are going to become globalists but not being controlled by your imaginary globalists. I guess all those financiers, bankers the gnomes of Zurich will all just go away as soon as we exit the EU.

I don't know what this thing is that you have about twitter I have asked you several times in the past to explain what on earth you are talking about. Let me explain it to you in simple terms as you refuse to elucidate. I do not have a twitter account, I have never had a twitter account, I have no intention of having a twitter account so how the hell can I block you?

I have no doubt that the Brexiteers wanted change. That's what they will get. Is it the change they want? I doubt it.

How do you put the cork back in it he globalisation bottle? You think you can trap IPR behind frontiers? Nonsense. Protectionism does not work. If you want a job, get a skill or knowledge.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

You really can't see the difference between 'global player' and the general definition of globalism?

5 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

He just likes to play debating games.

You might not have noticed but this is a forum where we debate things. What would be a novelty is for you to produce some evidence for some of the more ridiculous statements you make. Then when asked to do so you accuse people of playing debating games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

If you don't know, then probably a good time to work it out.

Not that it matters as Grouse has reported a post and thereby attracted the attention of the mods - so all these posts are likely to be deleted as they are off-topic.

Yep I was expecting that response just like Khun Han you make these ridiculous statements and then cannot explain what is meant by them.