May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

19 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, Abdelhamid Abaaoud is one of them.

Hasib Hussain, Mohammad Sidique Khan, Germaine Lindsay, Shehzad Tanweer were the ones who were responsible for the London bombings and they never had to cross any borders. 

All of the hijackers who committed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks were foreigners. All of them entered the country legally. 

One man crosses an internal border and you want to institute a siege mentality.

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly the root of a lot of hare-brained and damaging schemes such as Schengen.

Yeah and guess what, the vast majority of Europeans would disagree with you along with the vast number of tourists that travel throughout Europe every year. Some hare brained scheme. 

Just one example for you from people who actually live there as opposed to someone who has nothing good to say about the EU.

FRANKFURT, GERMANY — 

Many Germans enjoying the weekend open-air market in Frankfurt city center Saturday expressed support for their government’s policy of trying to keep borders open inside the Schengen zone despite security threats. Most, however, stated the need to strengthen controls on the outer borders for those entering the zone.

On 25/03/2017 at 7:36 PM, Grouse said:

Douglas Carswell just quit UKIP. I think they now have zero MPs? Hasn't that nasty Aaron Banks also left UKIP? Hilarious!

Farage the man who has failed 7 times to get into Parliament says that Carswell should now resign as an MP and fight a by-election. I agree and I hope Farage stands against him that should make it 8 times failed to get into Parliament.

2 hours ago, pitrevie said:

Farage the man who has failed 7 times to get into Parliament says that Carswell should now resign as an MP and fight a by-election. I agree and I hope Farage stands against him that should make it 8 times failed to get into Parliament.

For sure Farage could win a by-election of UK expats in Pattaya. :omfg:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Set out plan for what's left of Britain ... after Scotland and NI have left?

The way things will shape up is that Brexit will only happen if TM comes back to Parliament with a credible deal, which in order to be that must include retention of the single market. Labour has now already said this.  Tories have a narrow majority, the people did not vote for hard Brexit. MPs in Tory party will feel they can safely reject a bad deal without incurring the wrath of their Brexit voters.

So in summary, it will be soft Brexit or no Brexit.  So most arguments about borders, trade, etc will be moot points.

13 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

The way things will shape up is that Brexit will only happen if TM comes back to Parliament with a credible deal, which in order to be that must include retention of the single market. Labour has now already said this.  Tories have a narrow majority, the people did not vote for hard Brexit. MPs in Tory party will feel they can safely reject a bad deal without incurring the wrath of their Brexit voters.

So in summary, it will be soft Brexit or no Brexit.  So most arguments about borders, trade, etc will be moot points.

PM May has stated many times that restriction of free movement is non-negotiable, and has also stated that we won't be retaining membership of the single market.

15 minutes ago, shanesox said:

Yeah the electorate made its decision June '16. The only ones wanting to define what "leave the EU" meant on the ballot paper are the hard core Europhile losers !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The electorate was told by many of the principal Brexit leaders and especially by Boris Johnson that leaving the EU did not mean leaving the single market. Although to be fair he has also claimed Britain can get an even better trade deal with Europe after it leaves the EU, dismissing concerns about leaving the single market. So we are no longer members of the club but we can obtain a better trade deal than those who are members, that is what you call an optimist but perhaps others will have more colourful words to describe that stance. 

Extensive polling carried out by NatCen, the independent social research agency, and overseen by the elections expert John Curtice suggests 90% of people favour remaining in the single market, regardless of how they voted in the referendum. Funny old world isn't it?

Edited by pitrevie
add information
  • Like 2

Just now, AlexRich said:

I think you'll find the ultimate losers within your own ranks. 

Stop whining and accept that UK are out and no amount of bleating will stop it.

I for one am elated although wouldn't normally feel the need to say so. I'm chuffed to f-f--...:smile:

The UK government has handed a Chinese state transport and property company a seven-year deal to run one of the Britain’s biggest rail franchises in a controversial deal that brings together train and track operations.

We cant even run our own rail system it seems, roll on Brexit

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

The UK government has handed a Chinese state transport and property company a seven-year deal to run one of the Britain’s biggest rail franchises in a controversial deal that brings together train and track operations.

We cant even run our own rail system it seems, roll on Brexit

One can always rely upon the Con Party to do the best thing for the country! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Stop whining and accept that UK are out and no amount of bleating will stop it.

I for one am elated although wouldn't normally feel the need to say so. I'm chuffed to f-f--...:smile:

Me too. My overseas assets are up 10-15% in Sterling terms. :tongue:

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

It's all going terribly wrong on the immigration front ... Brexit will go down as the biggest 'foot shooting' exercise since the 'charge of the light brigade' ... lions led by donkeys!

"When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!"

"The broad claims of the referendum campaign are starting to dissolve into the pixelated reality of policy, practicality and compromise. According to a senior government source, a wonderful irony is now manifesting itself around the cabinet table in the contributions of Liam Fox, David Davis and Boris Johnson: “There’s no doubt that Theresa wants to bring down immigration. But the three main Brexiteers are suddenly becoming more and more vocal about the need to keep the numbers sufficiently high for the needs of the economy. You hear Liam saying: ‘We mustn’t do anything that threatens prosperity.’ It’s becoming more and more clear to them what’s at stake.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/27/brexiteers-immigration-promises-unravelling