May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

56 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The article points out that he was always for Brexit. The Labour Party was against Brexit for both the referendum and the election but the open civil war inside the Labour Party caused by Corbyn's half-hearted efforts to campaign against Brexit. For the general election, Corbyn wanted to win back voters previously lost to UKIP, so he kept quiet on immigration and has blocked opposition to the Single Market which requires open EU labour movement. Corbyn hasn't changed his mind. He is just trying to go with the flow. End result? Still lost the election but kept his position and looks to have a another go next time round. The focus on opposition to austerity puts pressure on May and Brexit which has argued that in the longer term the UK will be better off out of it. However, there are potential short term costs and if they are not being costed then there are problems ahead. Corbyn may be viewed as hard-left, but in reality just another ridiculous play on populism similar to the hard-right hard brexiteers. The threat is from the extremes. Both of them.

He changed his mind to assist his bid for the Labour leadership and back again after the referendum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

He changed his mind to assist his bid for the Labour leadership and back again after the referendum. 

Unfortunately that story completely disregards Corbyn's behaviour which led to the Parliamentary Party passing a vote of no confidence in Corbyn as leader which was anti-Brexit only in name. In addition that story also completes disregards the article explaining Corbyn's behaviour now. Maybe you would like to give the same broken record response again? Once more for show? Oh go on! :crying:

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Unfortunately that story completely disregards Corbyn's behaviour which led to the Parliamentary Party passing a vote of no confidence in Corbyn as leader which was anti-Brexit only in name. In addition that story also completes disregards the article explaining Corbyn's behaviour now. Maybe you would like to give the same broken record response again? Once more for show? Oh go on! :crying:

Nope that's it! But you might try the English language? Might help.

On 7/2/2017 at 0:26 PM, Kwasaki said:

Hows that, the link is blocked. :biggrin:

It is known as ,

non freedom of speech , welcome to the politcal / media controlled World .

J.C.  I pray you can lead  us  from  even more  politcal  corruption   without trust  we have only hope ,  and prayers,  last resort.   Amen .

Edited by elliss

On 6/30/2017 at 0:32 PM, jpinx said:

For the EU to immediately come out with threats about who UK is "allowed" to talk to is nothing short of EU paranoia and should have been seized on at the time in the form of an EU walk-out -- however messy. 

As I said earlier the EU have not threatened or restricted anything, although the media would like to portray it that way, anything to help sales.

The EU accept that the UK can prepare the way for an exit but until they actually cease to be a member nothing can be finalised.

"Despite admitting the UK stands completely free to reach out to its economic partners, Ms Malmström said starting any form of trade negotiations would be crossing a red line. 

She said: “If they were to start negotiating that would really be breaking the red line but I don’t think they will. So there is no real harm in them exploring a little bit because they have to do that.

“They will leave almost 40 trade agreements that we have negotiated on their behalf and they are members of that, so, of course, they will have to do their own trade agreements. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/819507/Brexit-news-EU-boss-admits-Liam-Fox-discuss-UK-future-trade-Brussels-divorce

• Like 1

Following on from previous post, question for today is "How long to put those 40 trade agreements back in place?"

Answers on a postcard to Phillip Hammond.

"The Chancellor’s Treasury staff have challenged the International Trade Secretary’s department to assess whether new free trade deals with non-EU countries will compensate for leaving the customs union."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3957160/major-whitehall-turf-war-breaks-out-between-philip-hammond-and-dr-liam-fox-over-britains-post-brexit-trade-policy/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elliss said:

J.C.  I pray you can lead  us  from  even more  politcal  corruption   without trust  we have only hope ,  and prayers,  last resort.   Amen .

Nothing wrong in belief of something.

No offence intended to anyone l think Jimmy Jesus was a gangster and started the mafia. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Orac said:

Looks like we might miss out of this one as well.

http://www.politico.eu/article/eu-and-japan-negotiators-seal-trade-agreement/

Why don't people look on the bright side.

Since 2009, annual production of automobiles in China exceeds that of the European Union or that of the United States and Japan combined.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Why don't people look on the bright side.

Since 2009, annual production of automobiles in China exceeds that of the European Union or that of the United States and Japan combined.

Not sure how your "bright side" applies. Almost all of Chinese auto production is sold in China whose population exceeds that of the European Union or that of the United States and Japan combined while limiting foreign auto sales in China.

No sales of Chinese autos in the US until maybe 2018. Estimated Chinese auto sales in Western Europe for 2018 about 138,000. Sale of Chinese autos in Japan is nonexistent.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Following on from previous post, question for today is "How long to put those 40 trade agreements back in place?"

Answers on a postcard to Phillip Hammond.

"The Chancellor’s Treasury staff have challenged the International Trade Secretary’s department to assess whether new free trade deals with non-EU countries will compensate for leaving the customs union."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3957160/major-whitehall-turf-war-breaks-out-between-philip-hammond-and-dr-liam-fox-over-britains-post-brexit-trade-policy/

It must be distressing for you, to be ALWAYS reading negative articles.

So here's a change for you.

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Not sure how your "bright side" applies. Almost all of Chinese auto production is sold in China whose population exceeds that of the European Union or that of the United States and Japan combined while limiting foreign auto sales in China.

Sod the US the UK can buy cars from China and give heave ho to Germany and Europe and the Japs if necessary,  don't let any guns to head demands from a bunch of European foreign filth tell England what to do,  we are British.  :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Er, the talks were ongoing for four years. And, so far, an outline agreement has been made.

Yes a rhetorical trade agreement. I did click on the link but FT wanted a subscription. But I assume it's the fabled Japan EU trade agreement....?

Edited by goldenbrwn1

2 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Yes a rhetorical trade agreement. I did click on the link but FT wanted a subscription. But I assume it's the great fabled Japan EU trade agreement....?

It's a pity that the Financial Times is the only source of news accessible on the internet. Otherwise you might have been able to look it up yourself.

Edited by ilostmypassword

4 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Yup, lets look on the bright side: Brexit seems to have hastened big trade deals for EU, and  It has unified the EU to stand as one.

Unity for how long. According to reports I've read the Polish politicians, for one, are not too pleased with the dictators in Brussels.

11 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Unity for how long. According to reports I've read the Polish politicians, for one, are not too pleased with the dictators in Brussels.

Not so displeased though that they won't accept subsidies from them.  Just displeased with some conditions that compel them to uphold the rule of law impartially. One of the conditions of being a member of the EU.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Oh I agree the FT is probably one of the only near non biased news outlets in the UK concerning Brexit. And I do read it as often as I can. But reality is...there is no free trade agreement yet and probably won't be until well after brexit.  As I've said in the past here on visa, I voted remain but now 'we are leaving'. Soft or so called hard it's just a fact and I think for me I will stay positive and keep an open mind and believe our government will do the best for us as a nation, whether I think it's right or wrong.  Maybe start checking positive news stories aswell...you will feel better trust me. I was absolutely fuming about it for a good six months after the vote ?.   I actually love my country which probably helped me accept it.  Sounds a bit old fashioned these days saying that but I do. Just a shame I seem to be of a dying breed.

They may do their best.

I very much doubt they will do the best.

Somewhat naive posting imo.

So if someone doesn't accept it then they don't love their country?

UK household living standards are falling at their fastest pace since 2011 as inflation surges

Household living standards seem to be falling at their fastest pace since 2011 as the surge in inflation since last June’s Brexit vote hits home, data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) confirmed today.

Real household disposable income per head in the first quarter of 2017 was 2 per cent lower than in the same quarter a year earlier.

It was the biggest annual decline on this measure since a 3 per cent fall in the final quarter of 2011, when the eurozone crisis was raging and consumer price inflation had spiked above 5 per cent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-uk-household-living-standards-inflation-rise-fast-2011-ons-office-national-a7827171.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'm British but not your British. Sorry mate but your comment is a fine example of why David Cameron needs lining up and shooting for ever letting you have a hand on the tiller.

The irony of it is, if the vote had gone 'your' way you would be praising Cameron now.