May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

The first express link I posted was from sky news...the second from the BBC both aired live in the last few hrs.  Do you think any of these stories pop up when you google BBC brexit news or sky news brexit news??  No only negative news on brexit and some being days old.

Edited by goldenbrwn1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

The first express link I posted was from sky news...the second from the BBC both aired live in the last few hrs.  Do you think any of these stories pop up when you google BBC brexit news or sky news brexit news??  No only negative news on brexit and some being days old.

You poor thing, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/uk_leaves_the_eu

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Just curious to see where the remainers live. :clap2:. Are we still on page 555?

I live  in LOS ,   a  victim of the collapse , of the  GBP .

Proud  to be British , those days have long  gone .   UK , RIP .

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Just curious to see where the remainers live. :clap2:. Are we still on page 555?

6 minutes ago, elliss said:

I live  in LOS ,   a  victim of the collapse , of the  GBP .

Proud  to be British , those days have long  gone .   UK , RIP .

Unfortunately I am obliged to flit around from pillar to post.

Edited by SheungWan

47 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

We trade with Australia now under pretty much the same terms as others.  I guess their exports may become more attractive, but don't see any radical change in our exports to them.  It's not a game changer, is it?  Neutral news.

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

We trade with Australia now under pretty much the same terms as others.  I guess their exports may become more attractive, but don't see any radical change in our exports to them.  It's not a game changer, is it?  Neutral news.

Admittedly it's not . But the china news can be. Just thought I'd throw up a few links with a slight positive view on brexit. The kind of news the BBC and sky news are not too keen on shall we say.

Edited by goldenbrwn1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Admittedly it's not . But the china news can be. Just thought I'd throw up a few links with a slight positive view on brexit. The kind of news the BBC and sky news are not too keen on shall we say.

I understand what you are saying.  Perhaps there is a lot of negativity around, but, sadly, just because it is negative does not make it wrong or undue.  IMO a good Tory government, will have most of the press behind it all day long!  if that is not the case, you have to ask yourself why?

I wonder though: is all the upset about Brexit? or is it about uncertainty?  I believe the latter, and the present government has done a truly rotten job at providing reassurance.  In fact I'd say it has rather deliberately stoked fears, initially because that garnered support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

51 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I understand what you are saying.  Perhaps there is a lot of negativity around, but, sadly, just because it is negative does not make it wrong or undue.  IMO a good Tory government, will have most of the press behind it all day long!  if that is not the case, you have to ask yourself why?

I wonder though: is all the upset about Brexit? or is it about uncertainty?  I believe the latter, and the present government has done a truly rotten job at providing reassurance.  In fact I'd say it has rather deliberately stoked fears, initially because that garnered support.

If there is one thing we can be thoroughly grateful for on this thread it is the happiness antidote to negativity provided by our regular forum Brexiteers. :cheesy:

negativity.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

If there is one thing we can be thoroughly grateful for on this thread it is the happiness antidote to negativity provided by our regular forum Brexiteers. :cheesy:

negativity.jpg

You might take the time to read the hysterical post below yours by a remainer to get a feel for the negativity coming from the side of the argument you support. But I expect you'll just fail to acknowledge the negativity in it, and in 99.99% of remainer posts in these discussions.

Remain's Project Fear: Li, lie and lie. And lie about the lies.

20 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

You might take the time to read the hysterical post below yours by a remainer to get a feel for the negativity coming from the side of the argument you support. But I expect you'll just fail to acknowledge the negativity in it, and in 99.99% of remainer posts in these discussions.

Remain's Project Fear: Li, lie and lie. And lie about the lies.

That's a lie ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Remain's Project Fear has descended into a litany of relentless lies in the last two months.

Never was a truer word spoken.

Add to this all of those who claim to be on the remain side yet can offer no purposeful contribution to the discussion, just snide remarks and criticism.

Project Fear with sour grapes as a starter.

Edited by Flustered
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Meanwhile, as the forum Hard Brexiteers indulge in a bout of synchronised accusations of lying, post-Brexit banking looks towards a potential loss of 10,000 jobs. Frankfurt projected as the biggest winner to date. http://tinyurl.com/y896vcp4

As opposed to the above wild speculation, here is some real,  actual news of a bank increasing it's commitment to the UK:

https://www.pressreader.com/malaysia/the-star-malaysia-starbiz/20170719/281629600322871

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

As opposed to the above wild speculation, here is some real,  actual news of a bank increasing it's commitment to the UK:

https://www.pressreader.com/malaysia/the-star-malaysia-starbiz/20170719/281629600322871

A couple dozen jobs by a Swedish bank that out competes UK banks on their home turf. On the other side of the ledger $2,1T in assets moved to EU countries along with 10,000 jobs as reported by non Brit tabloid Bloomberg News. The EU financial industry accounts for 12% of the UK ecomony and these morons voted it off the island. Unbelievable! 

"London could lose 10,000 banking jobs and 20,000 roles in financial services as clients move 1.8 trillion euros ($2.1 trillion) of assets out of the U.K. on Brexit, according to think-tank Bruegel. The implications for the U.K. are substantial: finance and related professional services bring in some £190 billion ($248 billion) a year, representing 12 percent of the British economy."

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-brexit-bankers/?utm_content=brexit&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-facebook-brexit

On the upside London area property values will undoubtably become much, much more affordable. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flustered said:

Hopefully, people like you will go and live in the EU where you can enjoy the Brussels one size fits all life and leave the UK to those who appreciate it.

I escaped the UK when i was 21 and lived in the EU for over 45 years, never went back, not even for a visit and now live in Thailand,wild horses couldn't drag me back to that bland, boring, merry old England.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I escaped the UK when i was 21 and lived in the EU for over 45 years, never went back, not even for a visit and now live in Thailand,wild horses couldn't drag me back to that bland, boring, merry old England.

Oh mother dear

I am over here

I never come back

I am here for the craic, the women and the beer

thats about what I remember

Edited by melvinmelvin

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

This entry exemplifies fairly well what I would call odd side effects of Brexit.

Being it remainer

Yes, I think they go by the terminology of unintended consequences. $2.1T surprise.

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I hate to say it but this thread is losing its appeal and objectivity for me. There is a clear divide between those who voted to stay and those that voted to leave. What is clear to me the many arguments posted by TV members on the remain, are all could be, maybe, possible and might be. This has been the case since the vote in June 2016. Predictions that have not happened and may happen in the future. We haven't even left the EU yet and it would seem the EU is trying anyway they can, to keep us in. The media and other Europhiles are trying their best to paint a picture of doom without the EU, which I find farcical.

What is clear is that the talks have started and there will be lots of chests thrust out and fists banging. Those here who champion the cause of the EU still seem to demand the UK should stay in. Why when, their seems to be an anger and even appetite for the UK to be destroyed economically.  If the hate for the UK is so strong why doesn't the other member states just say goodbye, we don't want you. The questions answers itself.

From  the express today which sums up the position the UK is in for me. The glass is half full not empty.

"But this study offers a more rounded perspective. It reminds us not to lose sight of the UK’s potent global strengths."

She added: “Our country’s spirit of entrepreneurialism, mastery of technology and renowned business environment all point to a long term, collective, ability to rebuild our economy after Brexit.

"The UK possesses the characteristics to not only withstand, but also capitalize on major change.

"I hope every business leader is looking not just at the risks of Brexit but also the opportunities.” 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/830275/Britain-global-change-Brexit-Boom-KMPG

You are so right about this thread. I voted remain ...took a while to be honest to get over the result but I did. All I'm trying to do is concentrate on the positives aswell as not ignoring the problems with leaving brexit. Others should really give it a go.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I hate to say it but this thread is losing its appeal and objectivity for me. There is a clear divide between those who voted to stay and those that voted to leave. What is clear to me the many arguments posted by TV members on the remain, are all could be, maybe, possible and might be. This has been the case since the vote in June 2016. Predictions that have not happened and may happen in the future. We haven't even left the EU yet and it would seem the EU is trying anyway they can, to keep us in. The media and other Europhiles are trying their best to paint a picture of doom without the EU, which I find farcical.

What is clear is that the talks have started and there will be lots of chests thrust out and fists banging. Those here who champion the cause of the EU still seem to demand the UK should stay in. Why when, their seems to be an anger and even appetite for the UK to be destroyed economically.  If the hate for the UK is so strong why doesn't the other member states just say goodbye, we don't want you. The questions answers itself.

From  the express today which sums up the position the UK is in for me. The glass is half full not empty.

"But this study offers a more rounded perspective. It reminds us not to lose sight of the UK’s potent global strengths."

She added: “Our country’s spirit of entrepreneurialism, mastery of technology and renowned business environment all point to a long term, collective, ability to rebuild our economy after Brexit.

"The UK possesses the characteristics to not only withstand, but also capitalize on major change.

"I hope every business leader is looking not just at the risks of Brexit but also the opportunities.” 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/830275/Britain-global-change-Brexit-Boom-KMPG

'I hate to say it but  this thread is losing its appeal and objectivity for me'  Oh Mabel! I verily feel a touch of the vapours coming on

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pegman said:

A couple dozen jobs by a Swedish bank that out competes UK banks on their home turf. On the other side of the ledger $2,1T in assets moved to EU countries along with 10,000 jobs as reported by non Brit tabloid Bloomberg News. The EU financial industry accounts for 12% of the UK ecomony and these morons voted it off the island. Unbelievable! 

"London could lose 10,000 banking jobs and 20,000 roles in financial services as clients move 1.8 trillion euros ($2.1 trillion) of assets out of the U.K. on Brexit, according to think-tank Bruegel. The implications for the U.K. are substantial: finance and related professional services bring in some £190 billion ($248 billion) a year, representing 12 percent of the British economy."

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-brexit-bankers/?utm_content=brexit&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-facebook-brexit

On the upside London area property values will undoubtably become much, much more affordable. 

"according to think-tank Bruegel"

:cheesy:

Folks, Breugel is a think-tank based in Brussells. It's director is a German who joined it from the European Commission. You just couldn't make this stuff up, could you?

Meanwhile, not a peep from any of the major finance houses about moving en mass to Europe.

Just more of the relentless Project Fear nonsense.

• Like 1